Ideas for generating money

Charge away fans £60 a ticket . l like the idea of season ticket holders paying an extra £ 60 with Rangers TV as part of the package .

Making better decisions on managers and signings would prevent wasted millions on pay offs and resale at loss.

Our fans have generated countless millions of pounds over recent years and much of it has been squandered proving we've learned nothing from our recent financial mismanagement.

Rangers TV should be advertised more. £5 a month and you get access to interviews, highlights of every match, full matches from midnight after the match, classic matches etc. It's well worth it.

I think a lot of people assume it's only for people who live abroad as it is only them that can watch live matches (unless you use a VPN).

Is it possible for the holding company to declare the club subsidiary as a charity?

I was talking to a bearette who knows a bit about tax in the pub last night and she was telling me that charities don't have to pay/can claim back VAT.

What a saving that would be!!!!!
I'd be surprised if we got away with that.

But there is something about fan ownership that might help. If we owned the club, we shouldnt pay vat on season tickets as you can't sell things to yourself.

Back in the day I was an agent for this. My proudest achievement was persuading the office Tim to contribute
Like you I took great joy that out the fifty odd quid I collected weekly around 20 quid of it was from daft micks at work. I had a client who won 31k jackpot. Luckily he was a bluenose!! I have said on numerous threads that Rangers Lotto is the way to do it. Unfortunately there are tens upon tens of thousands Rangers folk that just don't enter. Why is this???

Get McCoist on the pitch at Ibrox for half an hour pre-match and allow fans to boot balls at his arse for £20 a pop. Done at every home game, it should raise at least £300m in the first year alone.

Failing that, sponsored Karaoke to sing a duet with McCoist.

The Rangers pools used to be a great money spinner. I don't feel everyone buys into the money going into development.
Perhaps some new scheme could be initiated to immediately inject funds into the club. Scratch cards, lottery, premium bonds ............
This. The fans can put a small amount in each week in their tens of thousands. Regular and ongoing. How do we get them motivated and involved ?
We did it with Rangers Pools n the 70's.

This ^^^^^^^ a million X over
We can' forever be relying on other people sometimes if you want something done you need to do it yourelf. some of the ideas suggested are viable in my opinion and would raise money.the 3bears and Dave King have already ploughed in millions and can' keep doing it forever

23w7hwj.jpg

This. The fans can put a small amount in each week in their tens of thousands. Regular and ongoing. How do we get them motivated and involved ?
We did it with Rangers Pools n the 70's.
Jellybeans on old board started an agency on here and twitter. Apparently has now got around 1000 clints. A brilliant effort. We need get people to start being agents. I'm now retired so dont have workmate potential. Ive only got family and friends on my book but it all helps. Give it a go..
It's dead easy!!#

Away games that are televised should be shown at Ibrox - booze licence may be obtained as it is an entertainment venue and not a football match/ entertainment?

£10 entry, minimal security, nice profit

Great idea, I would support this kind of event

Whilst most people can afford a couple of quid, human nature dictates that most people want something for their money. Rangers should be able to do both.

Walk round the stadium any Saturday for a 1500 kick off and there are people standing about talking to their mates, punters in their cars listening to the early kick off game. These are the ones not in pubs for a variety of reasons.

If we can make most of these go into the ground earlier, they could do what they do now except inside rather than outside. Perhaps entice more in to watch the early kick game in the concourse. This would generate money because a decent offering of catering at reasonable prices would generate an income.

Catering would have to be updated and perhaps seating attached to the walls etc. but I'm sure this would not be a big outlay for regular income at home games.

Whilst most people can afford a couple of quid, human nature dictates that most people want something for their money. Rangers should be able to do both.

Walk round the stadium any Saturday for a 1500 kick off and there are people standing about talking to their mates, punters in their cars listening to the early kick off game. These are the ones not in pubs for a variety of reasons.

If we can make most of these go into the ground earlier, they could do what they do now except inside rather than outside. Perhaps entice more in to watch the early kick game in the concourse. This would generate money because a decent offering of catering at reasonable prices would generate an income.

Catering would have to be updated and perhaps seating attached to the walls etc. but I'm sure this would not be a big outlay for regular income at home games.

We are limited due to the space in the concourse area but you are on the right track. A better quality of food/drink and a few big screens in that area would generate a bit more income for not a lot of outlay

Do you think it would be fair to demand that the other clubs hand over a share of their gate receipts when the bears are visiting? I do. The reason that the other clubs get full houses when we visit is because our fans want to see the rangers. If you go to the theatre or the cinema or anywhere else, the gate receipts are used to fund the wages of the performers - it should be the same at the football - money raised from Kilmarnock v Rangers should be used to fund the wages of ALL of the players on the park. It disgusts me that the clubs that tried to kill us are profiting from our fans.

Cannot get my head around why we do not have 100k fans putting £1 per week into Lotto, you can sign up so it all happens automatically. We would keep around £4m per year - Every year.. for the future Ian Durrants.
Let's get this going on all supporters buses, clubs, family and friends, workplaces etc etc. Pester your mates !
You can also win some dough for yourself.....

We should have a ‘stop the 10’ fund with punters making a one off donation. With a stipulation that all money raised is used to fund transfers.
Minimum donation could be £100 with unlimited maximum. I think we could raise tens of millions for sure.

A club of our stature should not have to resort to these ways of raising money. We should have folk in place who are willing to invest.

Like it or not, Rangers are a business and the club has to be run as as such. A business which pays no heed to revenue streams and is dependent only on the largesse of it's directors presents a pretty unsustainable model.
I would imagine that any potential investors (and there may be some out there) will be holding on to their cash until they can see evidence that the club is continuing to reduce debt year on year and that their investment may yield some form of future return.

Have an official club app that lets the fans vote in game for which substitutions to be made.

We should have a ‘stop the 10’ fund with punters making a one off donation. With a stipulation that all money raised is used to fund transfers.
Minimum donation could be £100 with unlimited maximum. I think we could raise tens of millions for sure.

That’ll work - until the Dhims start a ‘win the ten’ fund to counteract it.:rolleyes:

Needs something smarter that those f*ckers can’t copy.

An actual Rangers app, promote it at games and on RTV so all the pirate viewers see it too. Inside the app, just have a selection of news, fan forum links and have a blatant RTV 'purchase me' carousel at the top. That way you can advertise to the people who pirate the game, and make them paying customers. As someone said before, it's all about turning casuals into people who come on here. Additionally, an AJAX match day chat on the app so viewers can talk and breed staunchness.

That would take me less than a month to make, so they've got no excuses. Apps are massive money spinners too and to my knowledge no team has broken into it yet. Terrific advertising platform for them.

I worry about our "digital media". Was that not what that bug eyed poetothy from radio snyde was given a job in charge of all celtc media digital output. Gherry McCulloch?

I don't know if it's the case.... but it worries me they may be streets ahead of us on this department .... promoting their tat all over the globe

They are already advertising Christmas box sets and shit on the back of buses.

I just don't see any real Rangers activity in these areas.... I could be wrong? Fear I'm not,

Surely the board could buy up houses and flats in the area between Paisley Road West to Drumoyne, renting them out to season ticket holders only. This would create a "Blue Belt", a poet-free zone around Ibrox.

Genuine bears would be prepared to pay above market rate to stay in a property near the stadium, which would also serve to regenerate the local area, by raising average rent levels. The whole Govan area would then attract a better class of person. This takes me back to Alex Rae and his points about standards and class.

Having been at Murrayfield yesterday for the rugby they have a much better pre-match experience. Catering was top notch and a dj at one end with cheerleaders putting on display a band at the other. These are all things we could be doing.

Let’s celebrate our legends have them doing meet and greet’s walking amongst the fans, beat the keeper, the money’s there to be made we just need to be a bit smarter

While we're on the subject, Alex Rae talking about the leather-bound folder containing all the information that it takes to be a Ranger really inspired me. I think this is something every bear is excited about and I wish I'd known about it back in the day.

Could something be drafted featuring links to YouTube videos of famous gers wins, Euro triumphs, Old Firm skelpings, etc, with a code of conduct at the back and some quotes from Mr Struth and Walter? We could market it as the Leather-bound Rangers Way and sell it for about £50 a pop

I have a mate imports stuff from China and he says that we could reproduce leatherette binders in bulk for about 50p a folder. That's an incredible mark-up.

Surely the board could buy up houses and flats in the area between Paisley Road West to Drumoyne, renting them out to season ticket holders only. This would create a "Blue Belt", a poet-free zone around Ibrox.

Genuine bears would be prepared to pay above market rate to stay in a property near the stadium, which would also serve to regenerate the local area, by raising average rent levels. The whole Govan area would then attract a better class of person. This takes me back to Alex Rae and his points about standards and class.
I think this idea has legs, especially in reference to your ideas regarding the Rangers way. Young players coming in need to know what it means to be a Bear. As part of their education have them spending free time outside training etc working with the Bear friendly tradesmen doing up or maintaining these properties. I know I'd happily stay within walking distance.

I think this idea has legs, especially in reference to your ideas regarding the Rangers way. Young players coming in need to know what it means to be a Bear. As part of their education have them spending free time outside training etc working with the Bear friendly tradesmen doing up or maintaining these properties. I know I'd happily stay within walking distance.

The idea of young tradesmen being shown the ways of the world by an older bear is extremely tempting. The standards and expectations of a true Ranger could be imbued from day one of a young Bear's life if they could simply learn from an older, experienced bear.

Use Ibrox for other events during summer.
Last week I played golf at Eden Park. For 10 days they turned it into a 9 hole golf course. Tee boxes scattered around the stands with a bonus putting hole in the home changing room.

Main suite was open for drinks and they had different games as well as a longest drive competition on a simulator.

Different holes had different sponsors with hole in one's offering great prizes such as free return flights to America or $4k worth of golfing equipment from the golf warehouse.

Walking between each tee off meant a tour of the stadium was pretty much included.

£50 per head. Groups of 4. Shotgun format. 9 tee times a day over 10 days.

£200k income and wouldn't make too much of a dent on the park.

A brilliant and unique idea. Do it for 10 days immediately post our last home game in May - that way the groundsmen won't get upset at any damage.

I doubt many people on FF are professionals at generating revenue for football clubs but there's a hell of a lot more ideas here than what we're seeing from the club.

Genuine bears wouldn't call Ibrox 'Ibrox'

There are a few interesting ideas in this thread but in the main it's skirting around the edges. The bulk of our revenue is through ticket sales...so the easy one is to increase ticket prices. More difficult....play more games (friendlies, qualify for Europe, go far in the cup competitions)?

Of course the other big one is to sell a player for multi millions.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D absolutely hilarious.

There are a few interesting ideas in this thread but in the main it's skirting around the edges. The bulk of our revenue is through ticket sales...so the easy one is to increase ticket prices. More difficult....play more games (friendlies, qualify for Europe, go far in the cup competitions)?

Of course the other big one is to sell a player for multi millions.

Increase ticket prices and you are in danger of alienating a large amount of your customers.

We really need to push to change booze licences to be in line with at least the rest of the UK if not Europe. Its 2017, fans should be trusted, even if it was a category thing similar to how other games are policed so we can get a drink v Hamilton but not v Celtic. If the scum can get a safe standing trial then no reason we can't get an alcohol licence trial. I agree with the fan zone thing too by the way.

We should start dominating all the scarf sellers by making Rangers official, scarfs flags and badges stalls all over the place on the way to games and at away games. I know its small time but it will add up over a season. Vending Machines for drinks too, people are put off by the half time queues if they just want a drink.

Open up an account for fans to put money in like the RFFF.

At the end of each season Rangers get 50% of the interest made.

Each year the interest rises and after a few years more and more money available.

Facilities around the stadium are pretty poor we need to improve these ie bars ,cafes ect and a decent fan zone for kids we need to attract fans to the area around the stadium a few hours early before kick offs to spend money and make a day of it ..man city you can go to etihad and there is entertainment and fans are spending all day at the ground spending money .in scotland its turn up 15 mins before kick off go watch the match and then home afterwards 1 of biggest mistakes david murray did was not investing in edmiston house and surrounding areas around the ground to increase revenue now the area is run down and will take millions to improve

Facilities around the stadium are pretty poor we need to improve these ie bars ,cafes ect and a decent fan zone for kids we need to attract fans to the area around the stadium a few hours early before kick offs to spend money and make a day of it ..man city you can go to etihad and there is entertainment and fans are spending all day at the ground spending money .in scotland its turn up 15 mins before kick off go watch the match and then home afterwards 1 of biggest mistakes david murray did was not investing in edmiston house and surrounding areas around the ground to increase revenue now the area is run down and will take millions to improve
We have got a decent fan zone. I'd like to see it upgraded, with a licenced bar. If the council won't give us a licence, maybe the club could charge £5 to allow people to BYOB.

Play 3 or 4 friendlies per season..During International breaks. Charge 12 or 15 quid a ticket. With every adult ticket you get 2 or 3 free child tickets. Team is made up of first teamers needing game time and Development Squad. Opportunity for game experience.
3 or 4 chances to sell Rising Stars tickets and more income for the Louden!!
Play short under 10s/11s games at half time. Win win win.

Play 3 or 4 friendlies per season..During International breaks. Charge 12 or 15 quid a ticket. With every adult ticket you get 2 or 3 free child tickets. Team is made up of first teamers needing game time and Development Squad. Opportunity for game experience.
3 or 4 chances to sell Rising Stars tickets and more income for the Louden!!
Play short under 10s/11s games at half time. Win win win.
Why do we want more income for the louden its revenue for the club we want

Why do we want more income for the louden its revenue for the club we want
Its income for the club and good relations with surrounding businesses. Not hard to work out. What I didn't mention was income for megastore also. As i said win win. What's your ideas?

As suggested before, Rangers Lotto, which if supported correctly could become almost as big as the old Rangers Pools. The more folk put into the Rangers Lottery, the bigger the prize money becomes and rises exponentially, which in turn brings in even more money. Its win-win all round if utilised properly.

Going back to the old Rangers Pools for a second, the younger Bears might not be aware just how big a money-spinner it really was for our club. So much so that reps from Man United were up from Old Trafford to learn from us on how to maximise potential club income. That's how massive the Rangers Pools was. We can do it again, Bears, if we really want to.
The old Rangers Pools was great, I had 120 customers and all money raised then was for Stadium development. The lotto is for RYDC and separate from RFC but will help produce future stars which RFC can sell on

Technically a separate company with money going to Youth development, important, but can not be used for other reasons.
I know this. What i dont know is what the annual cost of running RYD. Do the club have to make payments to run RYD? If so then making RYD self sufficient would be a good saving. As i say i don't know the financial in and outs.

I saw someone say a fund...that's not such a bad idea and a way that fan ownership might actually work. Google 'BRK.B' that's where I put most of my wages right now. It gains around 20% per year. If you also look for a compound interest calculator...20% makes a lot a lot a lot. Imagine if you just had follow follow make a £5 a month chip in to that. Its long term, but viable I think.

I saw someone say a fund...that's not such a bad idea and a way that fan ownership might actually work. Google 'BRK.B' that's where I put most of my wages right now. It gains around 20% per year. If you also look for a compound interest calculator...20% makes a lot a lot a lot. Imagine if you just had follow follow make a £5 a month chip in to that. Its long term, but viable I think.

Hi mate, any chance of a wee explaination of how this works/how I would go about it, either via PM or open forum.

cheers

Back