Idiots within our travelling support - what do we do?

ElBuffalo20

First of all I think 95% of our travelling support are outstanding and travelling in numbers second to none. But last night witnessed a few things that you just can't defend.

Prior to kick off boy near corner of stand closest to their main stand holding up his phone towards their fans with The Sun on it.

Then shouted about Hillsborough. This wasn't one off either as I witnesses another half a dozen similar comments. Before anyone asks why I didn't confront them it's pointless. These people have no idea of common decency.

We of all fan bases have had horrific moments in our past so to mock a disaster is f*cking braind dead behaviour.

On top of this the trouble outside before the game with fans charging the turnstyles without tickets. I understand people are gutted at not having a ticket but matter of time before we end up punished again by UEFA with sanctions.

This seems increasingly common with our travelling support. I don't want this to be a thread that sees our fans criticised constantly as I'm always so proud to be part of our incredible travelling support but we have a minority who constantly let us down.

By the way Liverpool fans were far from innocent but in all honesty our fans are my only concern moving forward.

First of all I think 95% of our travelling support are outstanding and travelling in numbers second to none. But last night witnessed a few things that you just can't defend.

Prior to kick off boy near corner of stand closest to their main stand holding up his phone towards their fans with The Sun on it.

Then shouted about Hillsborough. This wasn't one off either as I witnesses another half a dozen similar comments. Before anyone asks why I didn't confront them it's pointless. These people have no idea of common decency.

We of all fan bases have had horrific moments in our past so to mock a disaster is f*cking braind dead behaviour.

On top of this the trouble outside before the game with fans charging the turnstyles without tickets. I understand people are gutted at not having a ticket but matter of time before we end up punished again by UEFA with sanctions.

This seems increasingly common with our travelling support. I don't want this to be a thread that sees our fans criticised constantly as I'm always so proud to be part of our incredible travelling support but we have a minority who constantly let us down.

By the way Liverpool fans were far from innocent but in all honesty our fans are my only concern moving forward.
Whatever you do mate don’t criticise the Union Bears (aka youth club neds) on here, they are Teflon yet are the overriding issue with the bams in the travelling support

Wee neds are full of shock jock ‘patter’ these days.
It’s utterly tragic and a lot of what’s wrong with Scotland and the UK.

People that think they are beyond criticism because 3/4,000 of similar little twats follow them on Twitter and think it’s hilarious.

Sadly it’s an issue with every club, every city.
Scunnered with people tbh.

Add to that a couple of songs clear as day on the TV last night.
I’m amazed it’s not been picked up by the media and landing us in hot water yet.

Probably the way it’s been dealt with for decades.

They get a slap or told to shut the %^*& up by one of their peers.

In time, they’ll also grow up and wise up.

Neds are part of football culture. It’s exaggerated in big industrial cities like Glasgow, but we won’t fix a societal challenge.

Last edited:

Sorry to be pedantic but You mentioned 7 idiots. We had 2,600 approx there so it’s less than 0.3% not 5%.

I’ll be honest here the victims of Hillsborough disrespected the victims of another disaster. Shouting up the ra before the minutes silence was over. That is what all the headlines should be about. Not about some coke/drink filled arseholes who attach themselves to us.

We will always have our bam element. A full day on the drink heightens it.

I dont think its something just for away matches as we witness daft behaviour at home games too.

Sorry to be pedantic but You mentioned 7 idiots. We had 2,600 approx there so it’s less than 0.3% not 5%.

I’ll be honest here the victims of Hillsborough disrespected the victims of another disaster. Shouting up the ra before the minutes silence was over. That is what all the headlines should be about. Not about some coke/drink filled arseholes who attach themselves to us.

I've heard and you can see posts on here that there were a lot more than 7.

Maths has never been a strong point mind you so yeah 5% bit strong I suspect

The club know who Most tickets are sold to. Names, addresses, the lot. Time to get tough and ban them sin die from going to our games.

If anyone there shouted about hillsbrough they are not bears they are a disgrace and I hope they are caught, shamed and have their books removed and their bosses informed about how sick an individual they are. Absolute dregs of humanity of the rumours are true and it seems they are with some eye witnesses on here who seen it first hand.

Last edited:
There definitely are more and more cocks within our support.

Unfortunately self-entitlement of so many of our supporters knows no bounds, and the fact the a significant amount of them are off their face on cheap coke doesn’t help matters. They won’t think they are the problem, and that in itself is the problem.

I saw a couple of idiots with the sun logo on their phones, and heard a couple of wholly inappropriate comments re Hillsborough. No big deal, but just unnecessary.

Go for a good time. Don’t go to be seen and be in some shite Tik Tok/Instagram post.

Oh, and grow up. It’s really important you grow up.

Unfortunately self-entitlement of so many of our supporters knows no bounds, and the fact the a significant amount of them are off their face on cheap coke doesn’t help matters. They won’t think they are the problem, and that in itself is the problem.

I saw a couple of idiots with the sun logo on their phones, and heard a couple of wholly inappropriate comments re Hillsborough. No big deal, but just unnecessary.

Go for a good time. Don’t go to be seen and be in some shite Tik Tok/Instagram post.

Oh, and grow up.
Couldn't agree more mate.

The club know who Maoist tickets are sold to. Names, addresses, the lot. Time to get tough and ban them sin die from going to our games.
I thought the chinese tourists go in the Liverpool end :D

You don't stop it it's as simple as that.

We will always have arseholes in our support and so will every single team in the world.

This is correct. We will always have supporters who I think are idiots, some people will look at me at games and think Im an idiot. Football will never have a fully rounded sensible audience

Oh, and grow up. It’s really important you grow up.

More and more relative to what point in time ?

There have always been people who will behave inappropriately.

And there always will be. Wouldn’t get your Knickers in a twist

The Sean Cox shout is moronic.

That could be any of us. Weird behaviour that, but it’s 1/2500 - clearly a simple minded individual.

I saw the Sun logos on the phones. Maybe three I could see from my seat. Again, that’s the stuff of complete morons.

I’d say the self entitled mob over the past 2-3 years. Wee dickheads thinking they’re billy big balls

The way I see it, you can’t control or influence what a small minority of people do. You never have been able to do.

When people post on here a small minority of Liverpool fans shouting about the IRA, most people shrug it off and say it’s a small minority.

When a couple of guys in our support display something about the Sun, we’re soul searching and lamenting some sort of decline in our morals as a support .

Well said mate a few idiots can tarnish all our travelling support.

Said on another thread regarding the ticketless fans charging the gates, unless they get a sizeable % of tickets then it's pretty clear it's the UB or that very least their hanger ons who are the ones trying to storm through the turnstiles.

Seems to be a narrative however that they are more "deserving" than other fans for away tickets and thus unacceptable conduct such as that is ok as they sing songs.

Dingwall last season had some coked up wee ned trying to squeeze through with me and told him to GTF. Someone is going to get hurt and will be one of our fans who get injured by these dafties trying to get in without tickets.

Probably the way it’s been dealt with for decades.

They get a slap or told to shut the %^*& up by one of their peers.

In time, they’ll also grow up and wise up.

Neds are part of football culture. It’s exaggerated in big industrial cities like Glasgow, but we won’t fix a societal challenge.
I think the idea of being drunk at a football game is alien to me so I won't understand why others do it. That said, in most other places in life you get bouncers or security stopping you from going in if you're unfit to and football might need to wise up to the fact that bouncers (not £6 an hour empty jacket students masquerading as stewards) may be necessary.

There was also a missile threw onto the park after the penalty,hopefully it’s not reported.Personally I found the stewards and police very decent down here.

noticed that aswell wasn't a missile was a bottle of water and was no player anywhere near at all looked to me as frustration. not that it makes it acceptable in the slightest but also no need to hype it and give little context

There was also a missile threw onto the park after the penalty,hopefully it’s not reported.Personally I found the stewards and police very decent down here.

Did wonder why you’d do that?

Throw a water bottle onto the pitch at absolutely no one?

Said on another thread regarding the ticketless fans charging the gates, unless they get a sizeable % of tickets then it's pretty clear it's the UB or that very least their hanger ons who are the ones trying to storm through the turnstiles.

Seems to be a narrative however that they are more "deserving" than other fans for away tickets and thus unacceptable conduct such as that is ok as they sing songs.

Dingwall last season had some coked up wee ned trying to squeeze through with me and told him to GTF. Someone is going to get hurt and will be one of our fans who get injured by these dafties trying to get in without tickets.
Can you share an example of this made up narrative?

Has always been the case. Some folk can't handle drink or think they are being edgy with some of the stuff they shout.
Was in Auxerre years ago and saw one of our own headbutt another fan and hospitalise him. The one that ended up in hospital had the audacity to pull the other guy up for acting like a wank and that was the response.
We will never be rid of these morons as can be seen at Euro home games. I'd bet a pound to a penny most that are pished and causing issues couldn't name 3 players.

Been the same when I went to away games in the sixties there are neds in every football club it will never change.

Like every big club we have an issue with a % of our fans. Unfortunately we mirror society in that we have a % of scum who dont care about the name of rangers football club and see it as some kind of badge of honour if the club are thought of as having ‘ tough fans’.

Another thing that I can’t be doing with is the whole ‘ ultras’ scene. It’s most probably an age thing on my part and I do think they try to create an atmosphere but they have become so self entitled and it’s causing genuine tension at away games

Back