If Alfredo leaves

Tin hat on here, but Jordan ibe on a free transfer doesn't seem a bad idea for me, guys obviously out of form but at still 24 and has proven talent might just work.

Tin hat on here, but Jordan ibe on a free transfer doesn't seem a bad idea for me, guys obviously out of form but at still 24 and has proven talent might just work.
He would but the issue with him is the signing on fee and wage would be astronomical and probably something we couldn’t afford. He would fix the issue of our right hand side

He would but the issue with him is the signing on fee and wage would be astronomical and probably something we couldn’t afford. He would fix the issue of our right hand side
Wages probably the biggest factor there but after getting released by Bournemouth he cant be expecting the same amount elsewhere surely.

Wages probably the biggest factor there but after getting released by Bournemouth he cant be expecting the same amount elsewhere surely.
He will probably still expect a big wage, probably one we couldn’t afford. He is ex-Liverpool so you would hope the lure of Gerrard to help resurrect his career might intrigue him

Yeah would be struggling to get him at that price!! You never know though, the market valuations might be a bit strange this summer, especially if clubs need to sell. If we got a decent whack for Morelos though then we might splash out a decent amount on a replacement. More likely any funds from a sale would fund 2-3 players instead though.

Mitrovic is a good all rounder, can put the ball away and has a bit of a presence about him. Age wise he would be a good buy in that respect. Think he is Serbian, so he wouldn’t be put off by dafties like Ryan Porteous.

I also like Steven Berghuis at Feyenoord, albeit he is a right winger. He is 28yo, good experience and technical ability, with a few caps for Holland. Don’t know what he would cost though.
Both Berghuis and Mitrovic are way out of our price range unfortunately.

Don,t actually think he,'ll go as I don,t think the club at this moment will get the amount of money they are looking for him.

To be honest I don’t see Defoe being too effective for us from here on. All that time without playing football at his age will make it very difficult to regain any sort of form.

I really do hope we have a decent replacement for Alfie lined up should he be sold. If we don’t then we’re in trouble because he was dragging us along too often.

personally ad be looking to sell alfie. 2 reasons for that is hes got a target on him every game now. he cant fart without being booked and 2 is his personal life now outside football is always in papers over here and that must effect you no matter what language you speak. its a shame becos i love him but hes just not getting treated the same as other players and that makes him a liability in games sadly hes got to many red cards. as a replacement am not sure who.

Whether Morelos stays or goes we need another striker of similar quality.

For example; Morelos/replacement, Vydra and Defoe.

You've got to have two quality strikers pushing each other, you need options in terms of two capable strikers up top. We can't be so stuck on one set up and formation.

Kamberi and Dykes are muck and Defoe doesn't have it in him to cover as second striker should Morelos/replacement pick up a lengthy knock.

I don't think he will leave but if he did sign the striker from fc middjland
But still need to add to attacking options
The striker from ozjec sorry about spelling beginning with m

If Morelos goes and I think he will we need a real gem a proper all round striker someone will pace, power, strength, can link up and score goals.

The Young Boys striker Jean-Pierre Nsame fits the bill.

Last edited:
I say we get the lad Dykes in anyway.
Boy is a handful and a good option to have.
After that, a nice 4-4.5 on someone, Christ knows who, a Croation type.

I think he would have been sold for a good price without COVID19. However the virus has thrown the economics of everything into question therefore it might be more difficult to sell him on for what we would ideally want. Personally I always saw him as an investment to be sold on to allow further investment and further improvement also we are most definitely a stepping stone for him. He needs to sort his temper out for him and us.

I think he would have been sold for a good price without COVID19. However the virus has thrown the economics of everything into question therefore it might be more difficult to sell him on for what we would ideally want. Personally I always saw him as an investment to be sold on to allow further investment and further improvement also we are most definitely a stepping stone for him. He needs to sort his temper out for him and us.

I think we are past the point of waiting for him to sort out his temper I don't think he can be trusted anymore then you had the carry on with his form/fitness and going AWOL after his trip to Columbia.

I'd be amazed if Gerrard fully trusts him again.

In an ideal world we'd have two out of Prevljak,Vydra or Andre Gray-either of the latter two possibly on loan.
But I wouldn't be too disappointed with one of them plus Dykes-he's a better player than some give him credit for I reckon.

Could work the other way. Might mean the top mega millions strikers are out of reach and that Morelos at £12m might be viewed as a snip. That's still a small price for bigish club to pay.

We got buff for £1m.. might be another diamond out there somewhere

The problem is the time it takes for us to develop the player. Alfie’s improves dramatically in his time at the club, despite some claims that he goes in huffs, etc. Players don’t improve that much that quickly with the wrong attitude.

Given that, I think it’s time he moved on from this shite mentally challenged dominated city.

Very similar to morelos he's had a cracking season would fit in well. I quite like serhou guirassy who playe for amiens in France big and strong with bags of pace

And they’ve just been relegated FN ? Could be a really good shout mate.

What’s your estimate on his price ?

Rhian Brewster would be a good signing on loan from Liverpool.
He looks like he is ready to really kick on next season.

And they’ve just been relegated FN ? Could be a really good shout mate.

What’s your estimate on his price ?
He was a available for 5 million in January so I dont see how that could of changed. He would rip the league apart and we should sell him for funny money he's got that combination of pace and power that you want in a striker and he's a very cool finisher he would be my number one choice he's worth spending money on.

He was a available for 5 million in January so I dont see how that could of changed. He would rip the league apart and we should sell him for funny money he's got that combination of pace and power that you want in a striker and he's a very cool finisher he would be my number one choice he's worth spending money on.

That sounds like a major signing. 5m is probably worth it if we get decent Morelos cash mate.

Was looking at Vydra & he’s not an out & our striker albeit he’s a very talented guy that could play off of a guy like this. Vydra only has a year left on his contract so could be great value. Could be 2m or so I’d guess.

These two sound as if they could be a game changing combination.

Stevie G simply can't let the buffalo leave
He is getting stronger wiser more mature, almost unplayable when he's on it
Need to keep him no matter what money is on offer
The wee man is key to us getting back where we belong

That sounds like a major signing. 5m is probably worth it if we get decent Morelos cash mate.

Was looking at Vydra & he’s not an out & our striker albeit he’s a very talented guy that could play off of a guy like this. Vydra only has a year left on his contract so could be great value. Could be 2m or so I’d guess.

These two sound as if they could be a game changing combination.
If we get what we all hope for with morelos then 5/7 million on this lad wouldn't be to bad imo we'd make that back in one or two seasons I think. I like vydra as well though he reminds me of Novo a bit he would be a good addition as well.

If we get what we all hope for with morelos then 5/7 million on this lad wouldn't be to bad imo we'd make that back in one or two seasons I think. I like vydra as well though he reminds me of Novo a bit he would be a good addition as well.

Because Morelos is such an integral part of our whole attacking system I think going for both might be really worth it to give teams a range of issues to stop, and these two guys would do that, for me.

Guirassy looks as if he would roast that mob in the east end.

People are talking like it’s inevitable Morelos will leave the club before we play another game, can anyone name me a better goal scorer we could realistically bring in to replace him? He has his faults like all of us but I think he could spearhead our 55th title. We definitely need a (mentally) stronger squad with more bullies and more goal contribution from midfielders like Steve Davis and Glen Kamara, but I think we are writing the kid off too early. Or is his planned departure already funding a team reconstruction? I’d love to see him score against the mhanky mob and get it right round the Lego muncher and TLB:))

I’ve been a very big defender of Morelos but I think it’s time we should sell. He’s a fantastic player but part of his fee could help Gerrard and Wilson the team as a unit improve, instead of relying on just him for the goals. The evidence shows his performances after January always dip, we need someone who we can rely on for a full season.

If anybody is buying him then they’ve a long wait - unless it’s a team in Colombia.

International flights out of Colombia have been banned until 1 Sep at the earliest. Then there’s 14 days quarantine after that. Not ideal - whether he stays or goes.

Like every other time this question has been asked, depends on what offers materialise and how big they are.

The current situation has added another layer of complexity which wasn’t there 6 months ago as I’m not convinced how many teams will be spending big any time soon.

If we got a good price for him (anything north of £20 million) I’d take it.

He’s scored some big European goals and scored plenty of goals in the league but he can easily go off form, seems to lose all composure against Celtic and he still misses a lot of games for us because of his temper/getting involved in things he shouldn’t.

He played well in the Old Firm game in December but needlessly got sent off which led to a 3 match suspension. One of those games we lost as he wasn’t available, then, because he’d been out, he wasn’t fit and struggled in an already struggling team. I’d love to see him score against Celtic too but if he couldn’t score in the League Cup Final, you get the feeling it just wonder if he ever will.

Who would we get in in his place? Not a clue, but that’s why Ross Wilson, Steven Gerrard and co earn their money.

If anybody is buying him then they’ve a long wait - unless it’s a team in Colombia.

International flights out of Colombia have been banned until 1 Sep at the earliest. Then there’s 14 days quarantine after that. Not ideal - whether he stays or goes.

Like most counties, bespoke charter flights can still be arranged. It’s Colombia ffs - if the right palms are greased then getting a flight out won’t be an issue.

Everyone seems certain he’ll leave.

But, what if, he actually wants to stay?

And, what if, our money men are more interested in winning the league than cashing in?

Everyone seems certain he’ll leave.

But, what if, he actually wants to stay?

And, what if, our money men are more interested in winning the league than cashing in?

If anything like £20m is on the table, I’d take it.

we are far too reliant on him. When he’s not there, or off form, we are far too blunt.

I’d sell and use the money to reinvent our offensive game.
Either way, we need more goals from other areas of the team - easier said than done.

Gone are the days when we dictate when our best player leaves. We're not at the level we were and strength in depth in Scottish football is nowhere near good enough to retain top talent which Alfredo certainly is. And that's before the financial uncertainty that comes with Covid-19.

I agree
I’ve been a very big defender of Morelos but I think it’s time we should sell. He’s a fantastic player but part of his fee could help Gerrard and Wilson the team as a unit improve, instead of relying on just him for the goals. The evidence shows his performances after January always dip, we need someone who we can rely on for a full season.
I agree, time to sell and give the manager the money to invest.

Back