If Alfredo Morelos stays for the season

If he’s happy to stay then we win 55. Think he’ll go to France or EPL. Transfer window open until October. We’ll struggle to keep him. Also can we financially afford to keep him another season.

If he’s happy to stay then we win 55. Think he’ll go to France or EPL. Transfer window open until October. We’ll struggle to keep him. Also can we financially afford to keep him another season.
That depends on a range of factors:

- merchandise sales
- European qualfiication
- other player sales
- covid situation
- external investment

We shall see. So much uncertainty still surrounds things. He will sadly likely leave before October. Hopefully we can keep a hold of him for a long as possible.

If he stays this place will be even more bipolar (if possible)...

If he has a quiet game there will be thread after thread of him not being interested, should have gone, overweight etc and if he has a good game the following week there will be thread after thread of how he is worth 30 mil and our best player o_O

Would be great options but doubt he'll stay for a number of reasons already mentioned.

A fully firing and motivated Morelos can help us win a league title but I’m still convinced he’ll leave before end of the window.

Id be delighted if he stays .hes our best player by a mile when firing on all cylinders,and I say that as someone who thinks Barasic could fit into any team in the world

He won't stay.

This is a long transfer window and when he goes we'll get good money for him. The Lille bids so far have been derisory.

I like the idea of Alfie (centre), Roofe (Right), and Kent (Left) as a front three. Certainly worth a try.

If you want a front two, Defoe and Itten might be a better combination

The answer is more about contracts if he doesn't go this summer we lose value if he stays we need to offer him a better contract and then sell in summer definately

so far the gaffer has changed formation in games or changed formation from the start this season

keeping Morelos might just be key, if he scores 3/4 of what he scored last season with help from others we will do well.

He has dug us out so many times, its time others around him started digging him out!
Roofe —————Morelos
—————Defoe–————

Dont forget Defoe ;)
Or big Itten, never heard of him tbh but by all accounts sounds like a player and if I’m honest I’d never heard of Michael Mols, Dado Prso or Jelavic before they signed and they worked out just fine Sebastian Rozental and Gabriel Amato were players I desperately wanted to make it but didn’t.

I said it at the end of last season and I will say it again. If Celtic don't renew their midfield then they have no chance of winning what they so desperately want whether Alfie stays or not. McGregor is the only player that I worry about now.

Time to dust off the 3-5-2 for another go
Balogun Goldson Helander

Tav barasic wingbacks

Jack Kent/hagi aribo Kamara

Roofe /Itten Alfie

Plenty of options and formations, although I do see Alfie going. Another midfielder and get the front players scoring keep it tight at the back, this season could be good.

I fancy Itten and Roofe to play Gerrard must do as well or he would not have spent the money, the Morelos up front on his own has been worked out and has proved unsuccessful.

I'd be happy for him to stay until January if he can rediscover his form. After that, no. He's proven every season he's not capable of continuing his form throughout the season.

Would love him to stay but if his heart is set on elsewhere and we get what we want then he goes with best wishes. I think the new signings will turn out to be a masterstroke this season, another midfielder and I'll be happy.

I fancy Itten and Roofe to play Gerrard must do as well or he would not have spent the money, the Morelos up front on his own has been worked out and has proved unsuccessful.
Unsuccessful? He bagged 28 goals before January last year and got us to the last 16 of the EL. The January collapse isn't down to playing Morelos upfront alone.

I genuinely think it would improve the squad if we sell him and use the funds to bring in at least one cm and a RW as I believe if he goes then roofe , itten and defoe can fill his boots no bother

Success is measured by trophies won at Rangers.
Don't talk nonsense, you're saying Morelos playing as a lone striker doesn't work yet we had the best half way point tally for 20 years and got to the EL knockouts by playing him as a lone striker. Us not winning a trophy is down to the players shitting the bed and us not being able to adapt tactics to each game, not playing Morelos as a lone striker.

If Morelos stays I think it will hamper Itten and Roofe's chances of bedding in quickly.

2 games.
4 goals.
2 x Morelos
2 x Morelos assists.

Clubs all over the world would pay you a years income to find such an unsuccessful formation.

Balogun Goldson Helander

Tav barasic wingbacks

Jack Kent/hagi aribo Kamara

Roofe /Itten Alfie

Plenty of options and formations, although I do see Alfie going. Another midfielder and get the front players scoring keep it tight at the back, this season could be good.

I do like your optimism but I think we might need to include a GK in our starting 11 ;)

Don't talk nonsense, you're saying Morelos playing as a lone striker doesn't work yet we had the best half way point tally for 20 years and got to the EL knockouts by playing him as a lone striker. Us not winning a trophy is down to the players shitting the bed and us not being able to adapt tactics to each game, not playing Morelos as a lone striker.

It doesn't work and hasn't worked since he's been here what have we won with him playing the main striker role?
What about him diving against the filth when through on goal and his total lack of goals against them?
what about him getting another needless red in a European game did you forget that and we had to struggle for most of the game due to his antics.
what about him not bothering to turn up for preparation for the Hearts game.
He chucks it every year after half a season that is why we have bought strikers.

We move on this season and will progress without all the worries about sending offs and questionable attitude.

It doesn't work and hasn't worked since he's been here what have we won with him playing the main striker role?
What about him diving against the filth when through on goal and his total lack of goals against them?
what about him getting another needless red in a European game did you forget that and we had to struggle for most of the game due to his antics.
what about him not bothering to turn up for preparation for the Hearts game.
He chucks it every year after half a season that is why we have bought strikers.

We move on this season and will progress without all the worries about sending offs and questionable attitude.
Would you like to see us play 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 I guess

To be honest i think our financial model will be to sell him this window so hope we sell at the right time and for a value we can be proud off (plus sell on)

Back