If Candeias had scored the penalty.....

Probably. But the vultures were circling and only a prolonged run would have saved him. Might have happened but given that the squad was starting to look a bit threadbare, it would seem unlikely.

It's a new version of Ibrox who swallowed the fly.

If Jack hadn't bitten and caused a 5min delay...
would Candeias have missed the pen...
and Pedro been fired.

I've jeest watched levein getn interviewed there on sky and it showed Burke scoring.

Tavernier needs a good boot up the arse as that's not jeest the first time he's lost his man marking this season.

This duffer needs to be binned.

Yes and who knows what would have happened.

If Mark Robbins hadn't scored in that FA Cup tie Man U would still be sitting a very poor relative of Liverpool. All ifs and buts.

He’d have got the Hearts game, but the next draw or loss would have seen him gone.

He needed to go on a run of victories that he's never managed before to save his job after that Motherwell debacle, that he fell at the first hurdle is telling and not surprising.

Just posted this on another thread, but I heard Pedro was due to be sacked yesterday regardless of the Kilmarnock result on Wednesday night.

I don't think it would have mattered, writing was on the wall after the semi final, plus we were rank against killie, even a late penalty wouldn't have disguised that, team looked broken

I'd have sacked him even if that penalty went in.
That way he could have left head held high somewhat with the gap narrowed.

Would have merely papered over the cracks and given the performance against Kilmarnock I'd like to think the board would have sacked him anyway.

If he'd played Miller and all those chances that fell to Windass had fallen to him - I'd put money on Miller scoring a good few of them and we'd be in a final and sitting second top!

Yes, I think he would.

Even if he had gone on a run of wins up until Christmas and we got beat by the Earls at NY - he would have gone then.

This is utter garbage!

So you are saying if Pedro took 36 points from the next 12 games and won twelve out of twelve before playing Celtic he would have been sacked? Behave yourself

Maybe now the players will realise we aren't a wee Diddy club who sits by while we draw and get beat and winning is demanded at Glasgow Rangers

Then we would all be having this conversation next week instead, a number of key players wanted him out, they stopped playing for him. He didn't manage them properly.

This is utter garbage!

So you are saying if Pedro took 36 points from the next 12 games and won twelve out of twelve before playing Celtic he would have been sacked? Behave yourself

you are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine.
His coat has been on a shaky nail for a while and underpinning my post, is the inability to conjure up a result against what is the benchmark at the moment.
Do you think beating the lower echelon teams catapults you to safety, in the environment in which he operates?
After the Sheep performance on Wed night, a successful double header against them is hardly something to write home about.

I hoped Pedro was going to be a success, unfortunately.............

you are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine.
His coat has been on a shaky nail for a while and underpinning my post, is the inability to conjure up a result against what is the benchmark at the moment.
Do you think beating the lower echelon teams catapults you to safety, in the environment in which he operates?
After the Sheep performance on Wed night, a successful double header against them is hardly something to write home about.

I hoped Pedro was going to be a success, unfortunately.............

If Pedro went from The Hamilton game til the OF game unbeaten not only would it have been 14 wins out of 14, one against Hearts, one against Hibs and twice over Aberdeen! Can I remind you that Aberdeen are still 2 points ahead of us so a double headed win isn’t something to write home about to you? You need a reality check

Getting back to the point, Pedro would not have been sacked after taking 42 points unbeaten up to the Celtic game, that’s a fact

I've jeest watched levein getn interviewed there on sky and it showed Burke scoring.

Tavernier needs a good boot up the arse as that's not jeest the first time he's lost his man marking this season.

This duffer needs to be binned.

Tav has been one of our best players this season.

His poorest performance was on Wednesday which coincided with the manager throwing the team under a bus.

If Pedro went from The Hamilton game til the OF game unbeaten not only would it have been 14 wins out of 14, one against Hearts, one against Hibs and twice over Aberdeen! Can I remind you that Aberdeen are still 2 points ahead of us so a double headed win isn’t something to write home about to you? You need a reality check

Getting back to the point, Pedro would not have been sacked after taking 42 points unbeaten up to the Celtic game, that’s a fact

Facts and what is in your mind are at both ends of the spectrum.......Aberdeen are utter mince, he would have come under scrutiny once again if beaten by the rhabids....the usual about, 'not being able to cut it', 'doesn't have the big game mentality', 'can't find a way past the Earl Haigs', 'is he the man for Rangers',etc,etc.

I never stated it was a FACT he would go - just my opinion.

Utter garbage, reality check, behave yourself - is there any need?

This is what concerns me.

Some on here I know have great sources say that King was still behind Pedro after the Motherwell game, but changed his mind on Wednesday.

If that crazy 5 minutes at the end goes another way, he's still here.

Does that not seem a bit flakey to anyone else? Surely you either back the guy and his vision or you don't?

The debate over Pedro has been done to death, but I'm not at all convinced by how we've reacted to it.

This is what concerns me.

Some on here I know have great sources say that King was still behind Pedro after the Motherwell game, but changed his mind on Wednesday.

If that crazy 5 minutes at the end goes another way, he's still here.

Does that not seem a bit flakey to anyone else? Surely you either back the guy and his vision or you don't?

The debate over Pedro has been done to death, but I'm not at all convinced by how we've reacted to it.

it would seem that from these comments it was a sudden decision from King but if you think about it... It was the correct one. Wasn't just Wednesdays performance , It was a chain of events & Wed was the last straw. I wanted Pedro to continue after Sunday against Motherwell but his comments afterwords and when you play one of the worst teams in the league at home & are lucky to escape with a draw then I am sorry Pedro but you need to go.

Probably but it would have been like taking an Imodium for a dodgy gut.

The sh*t was inevitably about to hit the fan.

If he'd played Miller and all those chances that fell to Windass had fallen to him - I'd put money on Miller scoring a good few of them and we'd be in a final and sitting second top!
Are you forgetting about the sitters Miller missed in the first few games that undoubtedly cost us points?Hibs and Hearts notably.

The big one was Sunday. If we won that and went on a good run of games in the league before the Aberdeen games then it could've been different. If we won on Sunday it would've given the team a lift.

Back