If Candeias had scored the penalty.....

it would seem that from these comments it was a sudden decision from King but if you think about it... It was the correct one. Wasn't just Wednesdays performance , It was a chain of events & Wed was the last straw. I wanted Pedro to continue after Sunday against Motherwell but his comments afterwords and when you play one of the worst teams in the league at home & are lucky to escape with a draw then I am sorry Pedro but you need to go.

I'm not debating right or wrong.

It just doesn't feel like stable, long term planning at all when it's that dependent upon results.

It's a new version of Ibrox who swallowed the fly.

If Jack hadn't bitten and caused a 5min delay...
would Candeias have missed the pen...
and Pedro been fired.
The sane thing to have been done,was to change the penalty taker.I was really surprised it didn't happen.

FWIW...I was told by someone who knows someone (I know) on Monday night...he was off on the Thursday regardless of the Kilmarnock result. Turned out to be true.

where did you hear this?
I know somebody (not a Rangers fan) that is friendly with someone very close to the Rangers board. He was with this person on Tuesday or Wednesday, and was told Pedro was getting sacked on Thursday.

if beaton, mclean and muir hadnt cheated he would still be manager.
how long will the new manager get? probably just until we have been fucked over yet again by cheating officials.

It’s really strange how things can turn in football. This time last week, people were starting to believe, just ever so slightly that things might be turning. One week later, crash, bang wallop.

I’d be amazed if a sharp operator like King wasn’t doubting him a long time ago and for that reason I think his head has been in the guillotine since August.

Then we would all be having this conversation next week instead, a number of key players wanted him out, they stopped playing for him. He didn't manage them properly.
If as you say, a number of players had stopped playing for him, they too can pack their bags and fuuck right off.
It is Glasgow Rangers who pay these guys wages and therefore demand effort, irrespective of their talent, every minute of every match and training session.
If it is common knowledge as having happened and the board know who had downed tools, they should be asking for the wages they were paid back.

The big one was Sunday. If we won that and went on a good run of games in the league before the Aberdeen games then it could've been different. If we won on Sunday it would've given the team a lift.

If you’re looking for a harbinger of Pedro’s doom Josh Windass is your man. He scores these chances against Motherwell and PC is still in a job (at least until after a cuffing in the final). Of course the fact such a wasteful finisher was in the team in the first place is down to one man.

I was told by no great source that prior to the Hamilton game he was asked about compensation and flatly refused to discuss it

If as you say, a number of players had stopped playing for him, they too can pack their bags and fuuck right off.
It is Glasgow Rangers who pay these guys wages and therefore demand effort, irrespective of their talent, every minute of every match and training session.
If it is common knowledge as having happened and the board know who had downed tools, they should be asking for the wages they were paid back.
I totally agree mate, any player who hasn't given 100% has cheated the fans regardless of their working relationship with the manager.

If you’re looking for a harbinger of Pedro’s doom Josh Windass is your man. He scores these chances against Motherwell and PC is still in a job (at least until after a cuffing in the final). Of course the fact such a wasteful finisher was in the team in the first place is down to one man.

I agree with you mate, in a way. We aren’t exactly blessed with players in this position though. But, suppose that comes down to Pedro too.

If he was only a missed penalty away from his jotters, I think it's fair to say any stay of execution would have been short lived.

I would think so yeah but I think he was on a hiding to nothing. Each dropped point was closer to the end it seems.

A real shame.

We'd have been better off not winning that penalty at all. I don't think they'd have scored otherwise.

As has been said, it was inevitable really. It might have bought him a bit more time but he just wasn't good enough unfortunately.

As my mate said yesterday, Chris Burke probably done more for Rangers the other night than anytime he wore our jersey.

I've jeest watched levein getn interviewed there on sky and it showed Burke scoring.

Tavernier needs a good boot up the arse as that's not jeest the first time he's lost his man marking this season.

This duffer needs to be binned.
Yep - he's an utter liability at fullback. As long as he is in the Rangers side, we will struggle to get a run of results.

This is what concerns me.

Some on here I know have great sources say that King was still behind Pedro after the Motherwell game, but changed his mind on Wednesday.

If that crazy 5 minutes at the end goes another way, he's still here.

Does that not seem a bit flakey to anyone else? Surely you either back the guy and his vision or you don't?

The debate over Pedro has been done to death, but I'm not at all convinced by how we've reacted to it.

It wasn't just the score though, we were shocking in the second half and it looked like some of the team had chucked it. They didn't look like a team of players who had something to prove.

The misplaced anger from Sunday which should have been directed at the ref and at a team who couldn't see out a home 1-0 victory, never mind the chance to make it 2-0, ensured Pedro's sacking. That Motherwell leapfrogged us in the League on the same night didn't help. We should have been only 3 points behind the Sheep on Thursday morning. The missed penalty got Pedro the boot.

Pedro was going to face the bullet sooner or later, he has presided over some of the worts results in our history.

Back