If Graeme Murty guides us to a 2nd place finish?

Shodan

Would you be happy for him to get the job permanently?

For me, if he finishes strongly and possibly wins the Scottish Cup then he deserves the job.

Now, I know there has been some utterly horrendous results post Caixinha but I think its fair to say we have to give him a chance with his own players and tonight was an excellent first step in the right direction.

I think we simply must beat them at Ibrox in the next game as well and he has shown that tactically, he knows how to play against them at least.

What say the denizens of FF?

Murty, like Cummings, Martin, Murphy and Goss has been given the perfect opportunity to show what he has to offer us.

Should he do well then he would be as deserving as anyone else we would be capable of getting in.

Snobbery over past achievements (or lack thereof) has cost us a fair few talented footballers (and money) previously. If he shows himself capable of making us the best team in the country the he should be our next manager.

For me, if he finishes strongly and possibly wins the Scottish Cup then he deserves the job.

Now, I know there has been some utterly horrendous results post Caixinha but I think its fair to say we have to give him a chance with his own players and tonight was an excellent first step in the right direction.

I think we simply must beat them at Ibrox in the next game as well and he has shown that tactically, he knows how to play against them at least.

I would say 2nd is a bare minimum from anybody with any level of competence. The recruitment has been good so I think he can't help but do well but I think we can get a better coach than him.

The opportunity is there for Murty to make the job his own. There's been some disappointments but there's also been a lot of positives, particularly in big games. He has shown good tactical nous at a time when we've have had an injury and suspension crisis. He now has his own players in and tonight was a great result and performance.

I’m warming to him as the boss. I loved what he did as the youth coach and I loved how he conducted himself in difficult times as interim, but he has got a clear picture of what being us is - and tonight every player gave everything they had. I’m really glad for him. This might be okay...

Do you read the threads on here ? Many wanted him, Tav, Wes, Josh, Jason and Declan gone. Bates too has been brutalized. Did you read some of the lunatic scribblings when Corinthians scored their second. Clueless panic merchants. Thankfully there are a few sane posters who consider the bigger picture. You probably know who they are, so see what they have to say.

Lets see how things go. I don't subscribe to this finishing second mentality, we are Rangers and must always strive to finish first. We all know that finishing top won't be easy after the disruption in the first half of the season but we can still do it and in my opinion this must be the target. If he can achieve this then he more than deserves the job. As fans it's up to us to back him and the team as they try overhaul the Glitterites. Get the battle fever on.
WATP

Sunday is a big test,bottom of the league,the type of game Murty stumbles at,let’s start putting these games away then we see where we’re at in May.

I still haven't given up on 1st.

Neither have I , all is not well at the piggery and think we will have closed the gap before they have to come to Ibrox and then it will be up to us to beat them and really put the pressure on for the remainder of the season

Consistent results will keep in in the job. Turning the scum over will help him greatly.

Get into the lot of them Rangers!

The reality is.... we have better players than Aberdeen, quite comfortably at that aswell!

My granny could guide this rangers squad to 2nd place.

Have to agree with this. I wouldn’t be classing just finishing 2nd as any sort of achievement.

We knew Murty wasn’t the man for the job after the back to back defeats against St Johnstone and Kilmarnock a few weeks ago. That hasn’t changed just because of a win last night and a decent second half against the tims.

We need a proper manager.

Why not give him it .if he finished 2nd not far behind the rotten mob ,wins the SC & beats the rotten mob at least once then surely he deserves it and players seem to like him

Murty to his credit hit the nail on the head - a team is only as good as its poorest level of performance - if he can keep the players motivated against dross like Ross County etc he will rightly be in with a great shout.

I think as well looking at the body language of the players the like him / his methods and are clearly playing for him.

Any Manager would be able to finish second with the players and resources that we have. For Murty to get the gig full time, it’s not finishing second that secures that, it’s the manner in which it is achieved, and how close to Celtic we can get.

The goal is to finish as high up the table as we can... the only way to do that is to win every game. If Murty and the players can do that, then Graeme may well have a good chance of becoming our manager for next season.

2nd is the bare minimum. I'd be looking for us to finish comfortably ahead of the Sheep, Hibs & Hearts and also close the gap on the Bheggars. Winning the Scottish Cup should also be achievable for this squad.

Those sillly games where we dropped “easy points” are haunting. A nightmare week in November and the same in December saw us drop 12 points v Hamilton and Dundee and then St J and Killie.

I can’t wait to put them under real pressure. They’ve had it far far too easy, strolling about as if they own the place.

A simply disastrous managerial appointment, an array or injuries and sinister refereeing decisions (Jack v Hibs being one example) coupled with the above have us 11 points behind the Pure Greatestestest Team Ever.

We’ll have an idea by how he sets out the team with all our new signings and injured players returned, and of course how results and performances pan out. Since the tim game signs have been very positive, but if the inconsistencies continue in results and performances seen in the early part of his tenure, he won’t survive. On the basis of our recent signings and the quality of players out injured still to come back, I think the outlook is brighter than it’s been for years. There seems to be a great team spirit now, and if pushed I’d predict second place and Murty, Johansen and Nicol to continue into next season. That would be a start but we’ll need investment and continued shrewd player recruitment to improve enough for 55. Since the tims are awash with cash, this will be difficult but perhaps this is where Murty and Allen will really earn their corn.

I have been very impressed with the way he plays football however we do seem to give up too many clear cut chances. Especially when mcrorie doesn't play CDM.

No, big fucking whoopee, 2nd place. Anyone with half a brain should be finishing 2nd.

Project Rangers is alive and well. I now feel that we have a "plan" and that is recruit Scottish/British mixed with a few Latin types and promote from within and sell on to England and if Murty doesn't work, Mark Allen will have already sourced the replacement.

Our problem this season has not been in competing with teams who come out and play against us ... the big test will be games against Partick, Ross County and the like who come and sit in a Ibrox.

If he finds away to put these teams away comfortably then he should get the job permanently in my opinion

It's easy to get carried away. Let's take each game as they come and reassess at seasons end. Second place within ten points of the scum and a SC final appearance are the bare minimum

The guy took over a team that was low in confidence ,not easy to get them up in few games. He s brought in some good players and confidence is a lot better and it can only get better still.

I think bringing in jimmy nichol was a very clever move
Great man to have at your side

I also have a wee feeling Micheal O Neil could be our next manager
I am not in the know
Just a wee feeling.

No, big fucking whoopee, 2nd place. Anyone with half a brain should be finishing 2nd.
We won’t win the league unless the filth have a complete collapse, they are 11 points ahead of us and have lost only one game this season so its highly unlikely.

The terminal damage was done to our title chances long ago and Murty is as much to blame for that as Caixinha although he could do nothing about injuries and chancers.

Not all our fault I might add. We have been poor in a lot of games but Beaton and other cheating bastard refs have to take a lot of credit for our situation as well.

I don't doubt our ability to beat the likes of Aberdeen etc.

It's our performances against the likes of Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Dundee, Ross County and Partick Thistle which will decide Murty's fate. Plenty of times this season we've beaten one of the bigger sides well (Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen) and then we've dropped silly points to one of the above. We need to be beating all these sides or else we will be no further forward.

I am confident however, that the side we now have together should fair alot better at these sides.

Long way to go yet...
If we finish 2nd comfortably & we show enough consistency that would allude to a title challenge next season then it shouldn't even be a question. However, we took 10 points from Hibs, Aberdeen (twice) & C*ltic not so long ago & in amongst that we were beaten by Hamilton & Dundee. It's pointless winning these 'big' games if you can't beat the 'smaller' clubs, which should be your bread & butter.
3 points against County at the weekend if vitally important, otherwise, winning last night was a waste of effort & we are back to square one.

We won’t win the league unless the filth have a complete collapse, they are 11 points ahead of us and have lost only one game this season so its highly unlikely.

The terminal damage was done to our title chances long ago and Murty is as much to blame for that as Caixinha although he could do nothing about injuries and chancers.

Not all our fault I might add. We have been poor in a lot of games but Beaton and other cheating bastard refs have to take a lot of credit for our situation as well.

Of course we aren’t going to win the league but finishing 2nd isn’t the credentials to get the job.

If we win the Scottish cup and have a 2nd half to the season that’s title winning form then perhaps. Let’s see Murty start winning games against the shite in the league first because up to now his record against them is nothing short of embarrassing.

The thing is just recently we gained an exceptional ten points on our travels at Murrayfield, Pittawdry, Fester Rd and the scum hut. We've taken nine out of nine against Dolly in two months and are only level on points with them. That's simply unacceptable.

I'm prepared to give some leeway for the five points lost when Jack was ridiculously red carded, which were subsequently rescinded, but some of the other points dropped have been nothing short of scandalous.

If we finish in second, and yes I do believe we can beat the filth if we find a settled side, then we'll need to cut out the horror displays.

Every manager has got to start somewhere. I'd rather that somewhere wasn't Rangers.

Not going to get carried away but I'm a lot more optimistic for the remainder of the season now that he's put his stamp on the team

Winning the Scottish Cup should not come into the equation. A lot rides on luck in the competition. We could win the cup without winning a game, scraping through on penalties with bad performances. Or we could lose the final having steamrolled teams along the way. The latter would be a better indicator of improvement

Murty should be judged on performances and how he improves the team. If he does that then he would be a worthy manager going forward

I still haven't given up on 1st.

Neither have I.

It’ll be murderously difficult, with them 11 points clear, but if he can cut that to 5, get us at least a clear 2nd in the league and entry into Europe, and get us to a cup final, I’d say the gig is his.

That type of performance would demonstrate we were the strongest side in the division during the second half of the season.

If we slip to 20 points behind that lot, however, I’d have second thoughts. It’s all about how he gets the team performing.

Our problem this season has not been in competing with teams who come out and play against us ... the big test will be games against Partick, Ross County and the like who come and sit in a Ibrox.

If he finds away to put these teams away comfortably then he should get the job permanently in my opinion
Totally agree with this about beating the Particks ,Ross county etc. For the fact is that we are sitting in second place level on points with Aberdeen despite having beaten them in all three games that we have played against them so if we could replicate this level of consistency against the smaller teams we should get 2nd place no problem , maybe even give the tims a run for their money . So the acid test could be on Sunday against Ross county a team who gave us problems at Ibrox with their physical !!! approach to the game so a convincing win there could set us up nicely for the rest of the season

2nd place is a must, murty and the team need to close the gap on them and beating them in March is a must if we can do that the jobs is his in my eyes,

Back