If I “move overseas”

davyloyal

And I already have a RTV account, what happens as they have my details, as in UK address? Do I have to open a new account and then register my “overseas” details?

No you don’t, your current account will work regardless of the country you’re moving to.

Are you sure about that?

Don’t you need an overseas subscription to be able to watch all the live games?

If the op is just wanting to watch all the other RTV videos out with the matches then yeah it would still work.

It’s based on your IP address. I’ve found myself watching my VST from home one week then “overseas” for an away game the next.
I’m paying on a game by game basis for the away games though.

Are you sure about that?

If the op is just wanting to watch all the other RTV videos out with the matches then yeah it would still work.
That’s a completely different situation.

You just need to be “overseas” to watch live games if not on the VST.

The OP does not need a separate account with overseas details in order to appear to be overseas for the purposes of watching live games.

Games can be bought on an individual basis or by having the overseas unlimited package.

Are you sure about that?

You need an overseas subscription but your actual address can be anywhere. You won’t get the option to buy an annual subscription or even an individual game unless you log in from ‘overseas’.
It‘s a pity the monthly overseas subscription isn’t available now. I work shifts and would occasionally subscribe for a couple of months at a time when my shifts fell on a few weekends in a row and I couldn’t make it to Ibrox.

Are you sure about that?

Yeah but you don't need to create a new account in order to buy the overseas subscriptions/packages.

Simply log in as yourself while 'overseas' and you'll see those options become available to buy.

And I already have a RTV account, what happens as they have my details, as in UK address? Do I have to open a new account and then register my “overseas” details?
If you move ‘overseas’ your UK Standard account will continue to work as normal. You will still only have access to the same content you see now, in the UK.

However, if ‘overseas’ you will have the option to change your subscription to the Annual Unlimited (£240) and get all games live (except Euro group stages and beyond) or will be able to purchase said games on PPV.

You don’t need to change your address or registered credit card for either.

If you move ‘overseas’ your UK Standard account will continue to work as normal. You will still only have access to the same content you see now, in the UK.

However, if ‘overseas’ you will have the option to change your subscription to the Annual Unlimited (£240) and get all games live (except Euro group stages and beyond) or will be able to purchase said games on PPV.

You don’t need to change your address or registered credit card for either.

I‘ve been seriously considering subscribing to the unlimited package and binning the other subscriptions I have. I have Sky, BT and Premier and barely watch another game apart from Rangers games.

I‘ve been seriously considering subscribing to the unlimited package and binning the other subscriptions I have. I have Sky, BT and Premier and barely watch another game apart from Rangers games.
I was the same mate. So I ditched both BT Sport and Sky. I miss watching the odd EPL game on a Sunday evening but I can live with that. The main problem is our European games at group stage and beyond. Thankfully I have a mate who gets his BT Sport package through Sky. That means he can watch on his TV whilst he lends me his login to watch BT Sport via his SkyGo. It works well for me but obviously needs a mate who trusts you enough to give you access to his Sky account.

It has saved me an absolute fortune.

Are you sure about that?

Nope. Just a normal subscription.

Does an annual overseas RTV subscription come with any MyGers benefits?

Asking for an ex-Pat friend with a standard MyGers membership :shh:

Are you sure about that?

If the op is just wanting to watch all the other RTV videos out with the matches then yeah it woucan
You can boy a subscription anywhere, you just need to be overseas to watch it

Does an annual overseas RTV subscription come with any MyGers benefits?

Asking for an ex-Pat friend with a standard MyGers membership :shh:
An annual unlimited(overseas) package earns you 40 MyGers points. An annual UK MyGers gets you 25 points.

Cann anyone tell me when they review the subscription cost and does it cover a calendar year or football season, as I may look at this for my 80 year old uncle?

Thanks in advance.

Cann anyone tell me when they review the subscription cost and does it cover a calendar year or football season, as I may look at this for my 80 year old uncle?

Thanks in advance.
The annual subscription runs for a calendar year from when you take it out. Similarly, a monthly sub runs for a month from when you take it out.

Your Uncle is an auld fella. If you’re talking about the overseas package then, if he’s genuinely overseas, he should have no issues if you take out an Annual Unlimited (£240) subscription. If he’s in the UK you will probably need to introduce him to the delights of using a VPN in order to use that package. If you’re talking about the UK Standard package bear in mind it doesn’t include live matches. Bear in mind also how we would plan on viewing. On a desktop or laptop is easy. On the browser of a tv it can get complicated.

Last edited:
The annual subscription runs for a calendar year from when you take it out. Similarly, a monthly sub runs for a month from when you take it out.

Your Uncle is an auld fella. If you’re talking about the overseas package then, if he’s genuinely overseas, he should have no issues if you take out an Annual Unlimited (£240) subscription. If he’s in the UK you will probably need to introduce him to the delights of using a VPN in order r9 use that package. If you’re talking about the UK Standard package bear in mind it doesn’t include live matches. Bear in mind also how we would plan on viewing. On a desktop or laptop is easy. On the browser of a tv it can get complicated.
Thanks for the info. The delights of working a VPN is what puts me off as he can hardly browse the internet on his iPad so I could look forward to more phone calls but with repetition I would hope he would get the hang of it.

if I do it I will be easily recognised at the games. I’ll be the one on his phone for the first 20 minutes of each game trying to talk him through the process. LOL.

Thanks for the info. The delights of working a VPN is what puts me off as he can hardly browse the internet on his iPad so I could look forward to more phone calls but with repetition I would hope he would get the hang of it.

if I do it I will be easily recognised at the games. I’ll be the one on his phone for the first 20 minutes of each game trying to talk him through the process. LOL.
The good news is your saying he will be using his iPad. Using a VPN on iPad isn’t so bad if he’s content to watch on that device. Easily taught. The complications come if he wants to then get it on his tv screen. By far the simplest way is via a cable. The genuine Apple Lightning-to-HDMI adapter costs circa £50 but it works. There’s fake versions but quality is questionable. More expense though I’m afraid.

The good news is your saying he will be using his iPad. Using a VPN on iPad isn’t so bad if he’s content to watch on that device. Easily taught. The complications come if he wants to then get it on his tv screen. By far the simplest way is via a cable. The genuine Apple Lightning-to-HDMI adapter costs circa £50 but it works. There’s fake versions but quality is questionable. More expense though I’m afraid.
Thanks, I’ll speak to him about it and see if he wants to do it for next season. Football is his only real interest and I have given him access to my BT Sports so he seems happy to just use the iPad but if he wants the bigger TV picture then I don’t mind the extra expense and knowing him he’ll want to pay for it himself anyway.

Back