If it is McInnes - realistic signings

LB - Graeme Shinnie
RB - Shay Logan
LW - Chris Brunt, Jordan Jones
RW - Jamie Walker, Chris CaddenI
CM - James McArthur , Kenny Mclean
AM - Steven Naismith, Lewis Morgan
FW - Louis Moult

suggestion from me - Sam Vokes from Burnley as he is not getting a game at the moment. No idea if he'd be well out of price range or not.

Any others suggestions ?

If its McInnes I would think Mclean and Shinnie are a stick on.

Moult I think has burned his bridges regarding coming to us,plus there are a host of teams down south watching him.

Jamie Walker is another Templeton,always injured.

Tav is better than Logan and don't think Cadden would improve us.

Mclean and Moult on pre contracts would be a good start. Then hopefully Shinnie to follow. If we could get McArthur it would be brilliant but can't see it.

Tav is better than Logan and don't think Cadden would improve us.

Mclean and Moult on pre contracts would be a good start. Then hopefully Shinnie to follow. If we could get McArthur it would be brilliant but can't see it.
Cadden is a diving ,time wasting supporter of the mhanks dont want him near our team.

Tav is a considerably better player than Logan, I am also becoming less convinced by McLean and walker.

I think quality wise, we should be considering Naismith and McArthur ( not sure how realistic hes is ) I think Morgan is someone we should be signing asap as he is attracting interest from lots of clubs. Moult as the final signing is a no brainer for minimal fee.

If we could achieve these 3 or 4 of these in jan then I think under a competent manager it sets us up for a good run in for the rest of the season.

Surely our new DOF would be building the shortlist’s and using the scouting network he’s just out together rather than us going for players that McInnes knows?

If its McInnes I would think Mclean and Shinnie are a stick on.

Moult I think has burned his bridges regarding coming to us,plus there are a host of teams down south watching him.

Jamie Walker is another Templeton,always injured.

Think Shinnie would be very good for us but far from an easy acquisition. If McInnes came, McLean would almost certainly follow given his contracted situation. The sheep would then go absolutely mental if they sold us their best player too.

Logan defensively on a par with Tav, maybe a bit better. Certainly isn't better going forward

I'd say Moult and Mclean would be stick on, maybe 1 or 2 others on your list with appear on the DOF's shortlist. I'd hope they'd identify players further afield

Shinnie's contract runs until summer 19, Aberdeen will not sell at a reasonable price if we pinch their manager, Mclean and Jack.

The concern is will very good players want to play for Derek McInnes.By that I mean players the likes of Alves or Candeias?

The OP's list barring McArthur is not exactly inspiring,albeit I would take a few on pre-contracts for next season for squad players to replace the ten or so outgoing ones next summer.

Surely our new DOF would be building the shortlist’s and using the scouting network he’s just out together rather than us going for players that McInnes knows?

Any successful team would have a mixture of both.... Mcinnes will want to & should bring in a few of his own players. DOF will simply offer recommendations for youth players and players transfer listed/Loan listed that maybe Mcinnes would feel we are light in areas. Mcinnes should have the final say on every signing for the 1st team.

LB - Graeme Shinnie
RB - Shay Logan
FW - Louis Moult

suggestion from me - Sam Vokes from Burnley as he is not getting a game at the moment. No idea if he'd be well out of price range or not.

Any others suggestions ?
No way are we ever signing Sam Vokes. Getting a game or not he would still command a hefty fee and wage.

As others have said - Kenny McLean and Louis Moult have both said they will be leaving their current clubs and given McInness signed one and tried to sign the other it's a fair assumption he'd like both again.

If we are to go with a core of SPL based players then Graeme Shinnie is another I would like.

As others have said - Kenny McLean and Louis Moult have both said they will be leaving their current clubs and given McInness signed one and tried to sign the other it's a fair assumption he'd like both again.

If we are to go with a core of SPL based players then Graeme Shinnie is another I would like.
I think Shinnie is easily their best player,getting those sheepy basturts to part with him before 2019 would however,be mission impossible imo barring a ridiculous overpaying of fee from us.
Should we take their manager shortly,I highly doubt McLean will follow until out of contract next summer either.

They really do despise us,their hatred might actually hold them back from further improvement given their lack of funds.Quite Ironic.

An SPL select.

Last season’s Aberdeen midfield won’t improve us one bit.
I agree in isolation but we need options in our squad and we have a few that will leave. Some of those mentioned, allied to a few decent overseas additions will undoubtedly strengthen us. Aberdeen consistently beat dross that we have dropped points to and we don’t play the mentally challengeds every week.

LB - Graeme Shinnie
RB - Shay Logan
FW - Louis Moult

Any others suggestions ?

I would add John McGinn to the list as he's a very good midfielder, and would give us the drive we need in that position.I couldn't care less what he is, as long as he pulls on the Rangers shirt and play his heart out.
I didn't hear too many complaints about most of the players that played in Advocatt's team, and they all busted a gut when they played for us.If we want to reach the top again, it shouldn't matter who or what they are, if there good enough for us lets get them signed. And that's coming from a Brigton trueblue of the older generation. WATP.

Unlikely on McArthur due to his wages but Shinnie, McLean and Moult would be good additions with hopefully a few talented foreign players courtesy of our new scouting operation.

Would he really get another EPL club down there paying him 40k a week though? It all depends whether he's invested his money wisely etc. He shouldn't be short of money if he has been smart, and when we punt Pena we will have >20k a week off the wage bill. Could easily give that to McArthur.

Ironically, we picked up Steve Davis due to the fact Roy Hodgson didn't rate him. Hopefully the same thing can happen again with McArthur.

Would he really get another EPL club down there paying him 40k a week though? It all depends whether he's invested his money wisely etc. He shouldn't be short of money if he has been smart, and when we punt Pena we will have >20k a week off the wage bill. Could easily give that to McArthur.

Ironically, we picked up Steve Davis due to the fact Roy Hodgson didn't rate him. Hopefully the same thing can happen again with McArthur.
Does he not have 2 yrs left at £60k a week though? I could see it being more likely next year. Palace would also want a fee surely?

as I've said before on this forum I'd take John McGinn in a minute but sadly think we've left it would require a transfer fee outwith what we would be willing to spend. As others have pointed out I would be surprised if Moult and Mclean weren't targets

Some of these players would be a good start. The scum have some of the best Scottish talent in the country in Tierney, McGregor and Armstrong and will likely sign John McGinn sooner or later. We should absolutely be snapping up the best of the rest and start laying foundations.

To me pace has been a concern in our side especially going forward so not sure Moult would solve that, however would be a decent addition to the squad. McInnes has recruited well at the sheep in the years he has been there, I'm sure between him and Mark Allen they'll have players in their thoughts that we know nothing about

Would be massively underwhelmed if we did get McInnes, but most of those signings would improve us - if only to improve our piss-poor options from the bench

Wouldn't want Logan or cadden, no better than what we have. Pick of those for me would be Shinnie & Naismith, they're considerable upgrades on what we have & we could realistically sign them. I'd like McArthur but don't think we'd be able to afford him, depends if he harbours any desire to play for us before retiring like Dorrans

McLean, Moult and Walker on pre contracts in January - am immediate improvement on what we have. spend 4 million on a decent LM and CF and our team would look completely different. our problem has been lack of creativity in the middle of the park to unlock a defence and not capitalising on the possession we have.

Back