If it is McInnes - realistic signings

Is Morgan not a wide player? I agree with Barjonas though he has real potential to be a top quality player
Not really my point about position more that we have good youth players in our squad who aren't good enough for first team yet.

So the Portuguese lads would have came for McInnes just the same then?

You're dreaming pal.

Nah, they would have rejected Rangers — along with the chance of playing in front of 50,000 and putting themselves in the shop window for a potential move to the EPL — in favour of staying at non-entities in Portugal and Turkey

Logan, Considine, Walker, Cadden, Shinnie... are we trying to make our team worse than it already is?

Thankfully our director of football won’t havr utter muck on his list of players and I doubt our scouts will either.

Nah, they would have rejected Rangers — along with the chance of playing in front of 50,000 and putting themselves in the shop window for a potential move to the EPL — in favour of staying at non-entities in Portugal and Turkey
I'm all for self-promotion mate,but we're not the draw we once were I'm afraid.Realism is required right now to a degree.

I'm all for self-promotion mate,but we're not the draw we once were I'm afraid.Realism is required right now to a degree.

Come on fella

Candeias has been out on loan at 4 clubs in 4 years. He was last seen at Alanyaspor in Turkey

Cardoso was at Vitoria Setubal

Alves was a coup, but given he told the board that it wasn't working with Caixinha when consulted, I doubt he's arsed about the whole debacle

To suggest Caixinha was the sole draw in these players arriving is just wrong

Come on fella

Candeias has been out on loan at 4 clubs in 4 years. He was last seen at Alanyaspor in Turkey

Cardoso was at Vitoria Setubal

Alves was a coup, but given he told the board that it wasn't working with Caixinha when consulted, I doubt he's arsed about the whole debacle

To suggest Caixinha was the sole draw in these players arriving is just wrong
Sole? Of course not.
Main? Absolutely.

I think I'm pretty safe in saying we won't be signing any Portuguese Internationals anytime soon.
It's not just us that's the problem.It's this country and it's backward ways.
Word gets about in football circles,and no foreign manager is likely to get a fair go at us for some time imo.

For those saying no big name will sign for McInnes. The same thing could have been said about Walter Smith when he took over and we all know some of the signings Walter managed.

Being the manager of Glasgow Rangers gives you a gravitas that you wouldn't previously have. International players will be attracted to the fame of the club and the manager will be secondary to that.

Bruno might have came to Rangers anyway with the Pedro Mendez connection.

For those saying no big name will sign for McInnes. The same thing could have been said about Walter Smith when he took over and we all know some of the signings Walter managed.

Being the manager of Glasgow Rangers gives you a gravitas that you wouldn't previously have. International players will be attracted to the fame of the club and the manager will be secondary to that.

Bruno might have came to Rangers anyway with the Pedro Mendez connection.
1.We offered regular European football,with a genuine chance at CL.
2.Critically,we paid very good wages at the time.

We aren't able to offer either right now,in comparison to other clubs.That's just how it is unfortunately.Scottish football in general,was in a much healthier place back then.

We aren't able to offer either right now,in comparison to other clubs.That's just how it is unfortunately.Scottish football in general,was in a much healthier place back then.
Totally agree with the points you make.

My point was more that it doesn’t make a big difference who the manager is when it comes to players deciding to play for us.

Totally agree with the points you make.

My point was more that it doesn’t make a big difference who the manager is when it comes to players deciding to play for us.
I'm not so sure mate,if you're one of the big clubs and paying huge wages probably less so.
We're simply not in that position anymore,so the manager's 'project'as they like to call the job these days-has to appeal and therefore so does the appeal of said manager to a degree at least.
I hope I'm wrong,and players of a high calibre come if/when McInnes gets to the transfer windows with us that are outside of Scotland.But I have grave doubts.
Pedro wasn't a good manager-but his CV showed a league title in Mexico,managed in Portugal and the admittedly weird middle east.Studied similar theory stuff to Mourinho.

McInnes has managed at Aberdoom(very well) and Bristol City(on paper was a disaster).
I know that's not the whole story,but football players googling might not actually give two shits about that.Not all players are the brightest and on the face of it,McInnes may not appeal to a lot of them.

Yeah, you might be right. Each signing will be different depending on the player, the agent and probably many other factors.

Did Bruno come here because of Pedro or because of his agent Pedro Mendez.

One thing for sure is it will be far harder to attract the top players now compared to 20 or so years ago.

Yeah, you might be right. Each signing will be different depending on the player, the agent and probably many other factors.

Did Bruno come here because of Pedro or because of his agent Pedro Mendez.

One thing for sure is it will be far harder to attract the top players now compared to 20 or so years ago.
Yeah,the gig is so much more difficult now than in the past.One thing that I haven't accounted for is the DOF's role with us,I hope that we can evolve into a more modern club where it does matter less who the manager is.We won't be signing the very top players,so I'll be pinning my hopes on that.

This is one of my worries about DM. Our signings will be low profile, as in, no more big names.
No doubting some of the OPs list would improve us in some areas, but they're not going to get us much closer to winning the league anytime soon.

Why would Moult have burnt his bridges. He fights for his jersey and has quality. In my opinion we made a mistake not signing Mcdonald way back when and I think he is a similar player.

Defo Moult and Mclean

Mcarthur would be great but if not we should go for Fleck.

I've gone off walker what about Jamie Murphy.

I do think we need someone who can realistically give Candeias competition.

Playing games FIFA here but I want a CB with pace like Ike Opara with our US connections could we get someone like him?

Jamie Murphy is a great shout. Not getting much of a look in at Brighton and you would imagine he’d rather come to us than drop down to the Championship or League One. Different option to Candeais and Windass, more of a goal threat too.

I can't really detect much charisma associated with McInnes ?
I wonder what sort of player would be inspired to sign for him - presumably only those that already know him - can't see much to attract any others personally

What "Big names" have signed for Celtic past few years?

They days are gone for not only us but them as well. Best we'll get is guys like Bruno who is nearly finished and will give us a year or 2.

If its McInnes I would think Mclean and Shinnie are a stick on.

Moult I think has burned his bridges regarding coming to us,plus there are a host of teams down south watching him.

Jamie Walker is another Templeton,always injured.

None of these players will get us close to them

What "Big names" have signed for Celtic past few years?

They days are gone for not only us but them as well. Best we'll get is guys like Bruno who is nearly finished and will give us a year or 2.
As much as we don't like to admit it,Dembele was a real coup for them.Many not an established big name as yet at the time,but certainly a player that was chased by clubs in a better league that could pay superior wages.
They really should have signed more tbh,but they're so far ahead of us they haven't had to bother which is quite depressing tbh.

Jamie Murphy is a great shout. Not getting much of a look in at Brighton and you would imagine he’d rather come to us than drop down to the Championship or League One. Different option to Candeais and Windass, more of a goal threat too.

Went to school with the guy he is a big bluenose.

Are we limited to signing ex Rangers players/Rangers fans/Players from Aberdeen?o_O

There may be the odd good shout there, but somehow I think Mark Allen's contact list might be a bit wider
I’d certainly hope so. Most mentioned prior to your post aren’t massive upgrades on what we have.

The obsession with Naismith on here borders insanity at times.

It clearly hasn't registered with many that this is not the Naismith of 5 years ago.

But it is the kind of uninspiring signing I fear a McInnes would maybe go for.
Bit obsessed with telling everyone you don't want mcinnes at least 20 times I've seen you post it on different threads ,now you don't like the guys someone suggests he should sign

Moult, McArthur and Arfield would make a huge huge difference. All out of contract and although on big wages, lack of fee and losing Miller and Kranjcar plus a few other losers from the wage bill could see us afford them. McArthur and Arfield are both big Rangers fans too which make the deals doable IMO.

I don’t see it with Walker and although I rate McLean I don’t see him making us that much better.

Morgan should be snapped up. I would try my best to get the Hearts 16 year old too - watched him a few times now and he plays with so much maturity.

Jamie Walker is not a winger. He lacks pace to play on the wing. His best position is just off the striker. He is similar to Windass. Not what we need. Lewis Morgan would be a good signing.

Jamie Walker is not a winger. He lacks pace to play on the wing. His best position is just off the striker. He is similar to Windass. Not what we need. Lewis Morgan would be a good signing.
I fear you're bang on about Walker,I really wanted us to sign him in the summer if the fee was reasonable but it might actually be a bullet dodged.He definitely does not look like a wide player which we need,and probably too similar to McLean which would make his signing a bit pointless anyway.

The poster above mentioning McArthur and Arfield,along with McLean would be better business if we can get all on frees but paying higher wages within reason for the current EPL players.Should hopefully leave more in the pot for a wide left player that we need so badly too.

We now have a scouting department. If it is decent we will be absoloutely nowhere near the likes of Logan, McLean, Walker & co.

I though Arfield was a Tim?

He’s gone under the radar a bit. Unbelievable that Scotland didn’t get him capped and he had to go and play for Canada.

McInnes comes to us. Aberdeen will move for Eck or Tommy Wright. If Tommy Wright gets the gig, we offer MOH in part exchange for Shinnie along with a cash amount.

You've got a better chance of a move to the EPL from Portugal or Turkey than from the SPL.

Think Moult is a stick on we would move for if McInnes does come in.

But we shouldn't be too hung up on the type of player McInnes has looked at previously, he will look at a different level of player if he steps up to manage us.

Back