If it is McInnes - realistic signings

LB - Graeme Shinnie
RB - Shay Logan
LW - Chris Brunt, Jordan Jones
RW - Jamie Walker, Chris CaddenI
CM - James McArthur , Kenny Mclean
AM - Steven Naismith, Lewis Morgan
FW - Louis Moult

suggestion from me - Sam Vokes from Burnley as he is not getting a game at the moment. No idea if he'd be well out of price range or not.

Any others suggestions ?

What a depressing read that makes for....think I'm changing mind mind on McInnes if that's what we've got to look forward to!

In my opinion the first pieces of business that will be done by Mcinnes will be initially tying up Moult & McLean on pre-contracts and then perhaps even bringing them in for small fees in January.

Jamie Walker may also be part of that, but to be honest I've gone right off the idea of us signing him lately, and i'd much rather we opted to go for young Lewis Morgan instead, as he's also out of contract and I see greater potential in him than what Walker would bring us.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Carlos Pena loaned out to a Mexican side in January with Steven Naismith coming to us on loan in the same window.

I can't really see much more business being done than that until the summer.

In my opinion the first pieces of business that will be done by Mcinnes will be initially tying up Moult & McLean on pre-contracts and then perhaps even bringing them in for small fees in January.

Jamie Walker may also be part of that, but to be honest I've gone right off the idea of us signing him lately, and i'd much rather we opted to go for young Lewis Morgan instead, as he's also out of contract and I see greater potential in him than what Walker would bring us.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Carlos Pena loaned out to a Mexican side in January with Steven Naismith coming to us on loan in the same window.

I can't really see much more business being done than that until the summer.

Don't think you will be far wrong there.

That's where I think mcinnes will make his life so much easier. When you look at pedros signings herrara and Pena, the safe option would of been Naismith and moult. It's not rocket science that a guy that's done it in the division will hit the ground running where as Mexican players who's never played outwith Mexico will take a lot of time (if at all) to acclimatise.

Naismith I said in the summer was a no Rainer for the potential outlay and what he brings. Moult again was a cheaper/safer option for up front.

Yes there is gems abroad we should and will at some stage unearth but some times the best solution is right in front of you and you don't need to look that far.

That's why for the minimum outlay I'd expect moult, Mclean, jones and Morgan all to be targets in January. You simply can't lose out of it. They will always be moved on to someone.

This obsession with Naismith.

Over thirty, can’t get a game for Norwich, but will come back up here and turn the clock back?

I don’t see it.

Naismith pisses on anything we have in that link between midfield and striker. That's a fact.

There are a fair few decent Bosmans around which should help.

Declan John - Bosman - LB
Andy Yiadon (Barnsley) - Bosman - RB
Michael Dawson / Gareth MacAuley - Bosman - CB

James Morrison - Bosman - CM
James McArthur - Bosman - CM
Jamie Walker - Bosman - LW
Lewis Morgan - Bosman - AM

Louis Moult / Oliver McBurnie - Bosman - ST
Cyle Larin (Orlando) - Bosman - ST

Spend a bit of money on a goal scoring winger (Weiss mould) and an impressive AM/10 (Naismith mould) and we're sorted.

Out: Hodson, Wilson, Kranjcar, Dalcio, Nemane, Miller, Hardie. Probably both Mexicans too.

Is it? I’ve no idea. I haven’t watched Norwich reserves recently.

He's not out the Norwich team simply on ability. They are going a new route and mostly blooding younger players and wanting big earners off the wage bill. I think Russell Martin is in the same boat as Naisy.

In any case, Norwich have some smashing players in Naisy's position like Pritchard and Hoolahan. He's hardly sitting on the bench or in the stands with a Carlos Pena getting a game ahead of him.

Moult to play alongside Morelos
Walker to replace windass
McArthur and/or Morrison to replace Pena
McLean to rotate with Dorrans/Jack.

Strength in depth is what we’re lacking.

Last edited:
McLean and Moult are almost definitely targets of McInnes gets the job. I’d like to see Shinnie sign too and possibly play at left back although I doubt we’d get him for under £2m given that we might possibly already have taken Jack, McLean and McInnes from Dolly for under £1m.

Signing the likes of Morgan seems no a brainer but he wouldn’t be ready to walk straight into the first team, we would probably need to loan him out for a year to a team like Aberdeen or Hibs (for example, I wouldn’t give them the steam off our piss).

I wouldn’t be too keen on signing too many over 30s on high wages. If they don’t hit the ground running from day 1 then they’re not worth it.

Out -Windass Rossiter Nico Pena Herrara Dalcio Nemane Hodson Wilson

In-McArthur McLean Moult Morgan Walker Naismith + 3 others

Easily challenge the poets

This obsession with Naismith.

Over thirty, can’t get a game for Norwich, but will come back up here and turn the clock back?

I don’t see it.
The obsession with Naismith on here borders insanity at times.

It clearly hasn't registered with many that this is not the Naismith of 5 years ago.

But it is the kind of uninspiring signing I fear a McInnes would maybe go for.

Would he really get another EPL club down there paying him 40k a week though? It all depends whether he's invested his money wisely etc. He shouldn't be short of money if he has been smart, and when we punt Pena we will have >20k a week off the wage bill. Could easily give that to McArthur.

Ironically, we picked up Steve Davis due to the fact Roy Hodgson didn't rate him. Hopefully the same thing can happen again with McArthur.

Davis was in his early 20's when we signed him and McArthur is in his 30's! No chance he would have the same impact! He may be good for a year or two but when I've seen him this season he's looked less mobile than he used to be and may not be worth the high wages. I'd rather a younger player with sell on value especially in the middle of the park.

The obsession with Naismith on here borders insanity at times.

It clearly hasn't registered with many that this is not the Naismith of 5 years ago.

But it is the kind of uninspiring signing I fear a McInnes would maybe go for.

It's not insanity mate it's filling a squad with good players and don't say he wouldn't piss all over the Scottish league

Look at that 9 I posted hopefully to leave further up it's criminal there even in our squad wouldn't fancy one of them to change a game or do anything when starting.

Some good suggestions but we will have to buy cleverly as we don't have a massive pot

If its McInnes I would think Mclean and Shinnie are a stick on.

Moult I think has burned his bridges regarding coming to us,plus there are a host of teams down south watching him.

Jamie Walker is another Templeton,always injured.
Why has Moult burnt his bridges? We welcomed Ian Black with open arms Ffs.

Im not talking about money im on about big name players who were atracted by the manager

We should only sign players who would be honored to play for us regardless of the manager! Also, we should be signing players from lesser teams that have the ability to make the step up e.g. Morelos and not has been's from better leagues e.g. Barton, Kranjcar etc.

The Aberdeen fans will be in meltdown if we sign Shinnie. I reckon they would want silly money. He would need to really push it through for it to have any chance.

Makes for depressing reading that list.

Besides Mark Allen is in charge of player recruitment
Hes in charge of looking for and looking at players but the manager will have the final say.

Any manager will also have his own contacts and his own tupe of player.

Why would Moult have burnt his bridges. He fights for his jersey and has quality. In my opinion we made a mistake not signing Mcdonald way back when and I think he is a similar player.

Defo Moult and Mclean

Mcarthur would be great but if not we should go for Fleck.

I've gone off walker what about Jamie Murphy.

I do think we need someone who can realistically give Candeias competition.

Playing games FIFA here but I want a CB with pace like Ike Opara with our US connections could we get someone like him?

I would hope the new manager in conjunction with the d.o.f. will have more ambition than putting together the Aberdeen midfield 3 from last season.

This.

DM has already basically said he has no chance of catching Celtic with Aberdeen so why would he then want to take over us and take all the Dons players with him when he knows this won't help him topple those c*nts.

In terms of Scottish football i would take Graeme Shinnie, Lewis Morgan, Jordan Jones & Louis Moult.

Steven Naismith
Lewis Morgan
Louis Moult
Jamie Walker

I think we'll get these four in January.

Davis was in his early 20's when we signed him and McArthur is in his 30's! No chance he would have the same impact! He may be good for a year or two but when I've seen him this season he's looked less mobile than he used to be and may not be worth the high wages. I'd rather a younger player with sell on value especially in the middle of the park.

I agree with your lack of mobility shout. But I don't think he's ever been particularly fast has he? We do need more energy in the middle of the park though. Our midfielders can't get near Armstrong when we play them simply because he's too sharp and his engine is frightening.

I'd see McArthur more as our holding player. Quite simply he's a better player than Ryan Jack so if we could get him, we should certainly be aiming for it. McArthur and Dorrans with a dynamic box to box player with energy in the Armstrong mould would be ideal.

There seems to be an obsession with Lewis Morgan of St Mirren at the minute.

Put Jamie Barjonas in that side and he'll shine, like Morgan is. Granted hes a bear I just don't get the mass hysteria around a youth at St Mirren. It took Kenny McLean probably 5/6 years from being linked with us to being good enough for us.

I can see Mciness trying to get Christie who is the sheeps best player.

Don't know if the poets would sell him though.

There seems to be an obsession with Lewis Morgan of St Mirren at the minute.

Put Jamie Barjonas in that side and he'll shine, like Morgan is. Granted hes a bear I just don't get the mass hysteria around a youth at St Mirren. It took Kenny McLean probably 5/6 years from being linked with us to being good enough for us.
Is Morgan not a wide player? I agree with Barjonas though he has real potential to be a top quality player

McInnes certainly knows the calibre of player that can get you second place a distance behind Celtic.

He'll also know that we ultimately require to be seriously challenging Celtic and therefore need an upgrade on the standard of player that has contributed to his achievements so far when he is supplementing our current squad.

When he assesses who might fit the bill from SPL teams he'll need to be cock sure they at least have the potential to help us bridge the gap.

Would the signings not be mostly the same no matter the manager since that's the Director of Football's job?

Are we limited to signing ex Rangers players/Rangers fans/Players from Aberdeen?o_O

There may be the odd good shout there, but somehow I think Mark Allen's contact list might be a bit wider

Back