If it is Mick, let's give him a chance

Jamie19892017

Cards on the table, I wanted Beale. His experience (as a coach), reputation, and passion for the club won me over.

He could yet be a disaster, but I think he has the man management skills and coaching credentials to be a success.

I've read a lot about this being a "lazy appointment" and his imminent return seems to have really divided us.

I understand both camps, but let's give him a chance, eh? What can't be denied is that we are getting a talented and highly rated coach who loves our club enough to knock back a crack at the EPL.

The guy literally knocked back the wolves job as he knew we would be needing a new manager soon and he’s held out for us tells you a lot about the confidence of the guy to turn this around that he’s knocked back the EPL for Scotland, wasn’t my first choice but I’m fully behind him and actually quite excited by this appointment now.

I don’t think there’s any issue with the fans giving him a chance. He has enough good grace from his previous spell here.

The question is whether the board will really give him the chance to go and compete or whether he’ll be fighting with one hand tied behind his back. That’s the real concern for me.

The guy literally knocked back the wolves job as he knew we would be needing a new manager soon and he’s held out for us tells you a lot about the confidence of the guy to turn this around that he’s knocked back the EPL for Scotland, wasn’t my first choice but I’m fully behind him and actually quite excited by this appointment now.
100% this. We go on about "Rangers men", it sounds like we are about to have one as our next manager.

I think most reasonable fans can recognise that Beale is a likeable guy and will give him full support when it’s announced.

Think people are quite right to voice concerns aswell though because there is a few red flags. Mostly for me around our boards selection process for new managerial positions. An ex coach and now an ex player suggests the net isn’t being cast wide enough and all options aren’t being fully considered

Very important the board back him, get him what he needs for a support team. Money tight, so we need to use it wisely for players, not something you could say we have done recently. And if there are problem players in the dressing room Beale needs to be backed in removing them

I have no issues if it's Beale,but I have serious concerns with Wilson and the board in backing him. He'll get the backing and support from us fans that's for sure. Let's hope the players that have clearly chuck it under Gio get back on board and give their all!

I fully expect Mick to give his all he loves the club. He may be inexperienced but his no.2 has a big responsibility in helping him through and advising him through difficult periods.
Excited to see him wearing the suit and brown brogues on the touchline.

Interesting perspective.

Cards on the table, I wanted Beale. His experience (as a coach), reputation, and passion for the club won me over.

He could yet be a disaster, but I think he has the man management skills and coaching credentials to be a success.

I've read a lot about this being a "lazy appointment" and his imminent return seems to have really divided us.

I understand both camps, but let's give him a chance, eh? What can't be denied is that we are getting a talented and highly rated coach who loves our club enough to knock back a crack at the EPL.
Totally agree, Beale no1 target for me. For all those opposed to it Walter was seen as an underwhelming appointment and look what he achieved.

Not saying he will necessarily get to Walter's level, but I think he will do very well.

He’s not my first choice but I’m not against this appointment either. He is an intelligent man and coach. I know he has only been away a year but he has had time in the EPL with Villa and now QPR as manager so I’m sure he has developed well in that time.
Ill certainly back any appointment and give him a chance to turn this around.

not my choice i think we needed a tough talking no nonsence type manager,he seems another who dosent come across as having that needed ruthless streak.
but will get behind him 100%.
two things that need to happen though
1 brown brogues back on
2 lets get back to calling him michael !!!!
Agree. My uber-staunch toenails have been curling whenever he has been referred to as Mick.

Really? If he was confident he would hold out for a job in one of the top leagues in the world, not the backwater that is the SPFL.

What's telling for me is that QPR do not seem bothered in the slightest about him leaving. Got to ask ourselves why that is??

Off course we support him if he gets the job but I am sure I am not the only one who has severe reservations.

Not convinced he has the aura and leadership for a club our size and the demands we place on managers. I've no doubt in his coaching ability. Also think he might be too close to the players who have downed tools and look to appease them rather than be ruthless with them. But if appointed, he will obviously get my total backing.

Really? If he was confident he would hold out for a job in one of the top leagues in the world, not the backwater that is the SPFL.

What's telling for me is that QPR do not seem bothered in the slightest about him leaving. Got to ask ourselves why that is??

Off course we support him if he gets the job but I am sure I am not the only one who has severe reservations.
You literally realise how stupid what you’ve just said is he literally already turned down the biggest world in the league in the wolves job lol

I think most reasonable fans can recognise that Beale is a likeable guy and will give him full support when it’s announced.

Think people are quite right to voice concerns aswell though because there is a few red flags. Mostly for me around our boards selection process for new managerial positions. An ex coach and now an ex player suggests the net isn’t being cast wide enough and all options aren’t being fully considered
My thoughts too, although our finances will dictate a lot of that. The larger the net, the more options we can grasp.

Any new manager coming in needs a bit of a miracle to begin with.

Hibs, Aberdeen, Mortherwell, Ross County & Celtic before the transfer window really opens.

Can't see the huge injury list clearing before that time either.

I hope he does well, I’ll back him and I love that he loves our club.

I just hope Wilson isn’t going to drag us back another few years with this appointment.

Good video from Emi Martinez - Aston Villa goalie - talking about Beale & the influence he had at Villa. Unsurprising they struggled after he left?

Worth noting several players have said similar about MB from his time with us.
Things like this make me feel hopeful about the inevitable appointment.

In the end, football is a job & when any of us are in a job, if you have a manager who is well informed in the industry & communicates that well to you, then you inevitably perform better.

I think the other aspects like presence & stature are possibly being overthought & will be things he will grow into when in the role.

I said the same when we signed Gio and was pretty much shot down.He may well be a success but I am fed up with players and managers coming to us to " learn there trade"We should be employing a manager who has been over the course and has a track record of success.

I think he knew at the time the job with us was his.

not my choice i think we needed a tough talking no nonsence type manager,he seems another who dosent come across as having that needed ruthless streak.
I’m not sure about that, he was never afraid to get stuck in or get his points across when he was on our bench as assistant. I also can’t see him sticking by players who aren’t performing. He’s built up a really big reputation all his career and he even turned down an Premiership job to get here, I don’t see why he’d risk all that to stay pals with players that were here with him before.

I'd have thought that the players have been consulted and backed Beale. It's as seamless a transition as we'll get with him already knowing the vast majority of the playing staff and those at the top of the club.

Reservations about this, managing a huge club like Rangers is not easy big difference between us and QPR expectation wise, but will give him my full support and fingers crossed the board do likewise, Let's go Michael. NS.

He won’t get that on here! The know alls on here have already decided it’s a “lazy” appointment .If it’s Beale he will need someone hugely experienced alongside him,someone who is big on discipline.

I said the same when we signed Gio and was pretty much shot down.He may well be a success but I am fed up with players and managers coming to us to " learn there trade"We should be employing a manager who has been over the course and has a track record of success.
That’s nice and easy to do lol

Not my choice but he will have my full support. I just hope he can get a better tune out of the players than Gio did this season. Hopefully the board support him in the January window, as it's so needed.

Back