If it is Mick, let's give him a chance

Well let's get behind him,I'm in the camp it's a lazy appointment and the board have jumped at his enthusiasm for the club and past record,I personally think he turned down the wolves job because he didn't want to get dragged into a relegation battle that would've tested his coaching abilities and nerves,let's hope the board back him cause if not he's gonna be stuck with the players who have shown they're lacking at the moment.
All I want is someone who can get us going again .

Didn’t really have a favorite mainly down to my ignorance of available managers but have went off the idea of Beale,Simply because the last person I want is some Mick in the managers office at Ibrox,If Beale is your favorite please refrain from using Mick as a form of endearment .

Didn’t really have a favorite mainly down to my ignorance of available managers but have went off the idea of Beale,Simply because the last person I want is some Mick in the managers office at Ibrox,If Beale is your favorite please refrain from using Mick as a form of endearment .
There's a reason folk are calling him Mick on here. It's because that's what he's known as, the name he goes by and what everyone who knows him calls him.

Very important the board back him, get him what he needs for a support team. Money tight, so we need to use it wisely for players, not something you could say we have done recently. And if there are problem players in the dressing room Beale needs to be backed in removing them

The very fact that this thread exists is disturbing to me. That MB fans are already pleading he “gets a chance” is frightening. Even Liz Truss supporters were more confident than that on day 1. Like true Bears, I will do that and hope like the gamble on Wattie, it pays off, but I just don’t get this one. There is nothing in QPR’s season that shows me Mick is ready to manage this job, or indeed any job. He is still learning his trade.

Wasn’t he top of the league with QPR a few weeks ago then hit a 5 game run of mixed results?
I am confident he can reignite the place. He is no one’s mug and is by all accounts a superb coach and man manager.
If he comes and brings Culshaw with him for set pieces he deserves backing and a bloody good go at it.

I genuinely think we need more experience than Beale if truth be told. However, he'll get my full support and time if it is going to be him. He's a good coach - whether he can deliver as Rangers manager is anyone's guess really. Guess any manager we take is a risk regardless, just the nature of the role at Rangers.

As some others have mentioned. I think the board is a far bigger problem and they could ultimately have him doing the job with both arms tied behind his back. I don't trust them even a little bit at the moment sadly.

One thing I am confident on though - I think Beale would get a lot more out of the current stock of players than Gio did.

If its him (highly proabable), then one thing you have to admire is his confidence in his own ability. Unlike most of the other candidates (if there are any) he will know exactly the state of the squad he will have to work with.

Good video from Emi Martinez - Aston Villa goalie - talking about Beale & the influence he had at Villa. Unsurprising they struggled after he left?

Worth noting several players have said similar about MB from his time with us.
It's easy to see Beale has really impressed players & directors alike on his journey in Football.
It's no surprise to me that Rangers came calling. It's as simple as that.

I really don't want Beale.

We need an experienced manager.

His record at QPR is Myeah.
He clearly isn't getting the job on the back of his record at QPR, as he hasn't been there long enough. Notwithstanding that, when you say his record at QPR is 'Myeah' - what is that based on? Do you know for example that in getting them to the position they are in he has had little to no budget by comparison to others around him and in actual fact they significantly over performed in the first 2/3 of his short tenure or are you literally looking at their results and therefore assessing his suitability on the last 3 or 4 weeks results?

He clearly isn't getting the job on the back of his record at QPR, as he hasn't been there long enough. Notwithstanding that, when you say his record at QPR is 'Myeah' - what is that based on? Do you know for example that in getting them to the position they are in he has had little to no budget by comparison to others around him and in actual fact they significantly over performed in the first 2/3 of his short tenure or are you literally looking at their results and therefore assessing his suitability on the last 3 or 4 weeks results?

Myeah is based on his record since joining in June. Disregarding the last 5 or so games.

Yes, he helped bring home 55 but prior to that was part of a team who won nothing.

All this chat about him being the brains behind it all, I don't buy.

We really need someone with more experience to at least try and salvage this season.

I'm not at all keen on the appointment, but if it is M. Beale, he'll have my support. If he fails however, which thinking with my head over heart, think will happen, should finally see the removal of barrow boy Wilson.

Whoever gets the job ( and it’s odds on Beale by the look of it ) he will get backed by the fans.

Just hope the board will back him with decent funds to build a team that will use the rest of this season to be ready for next season.

Still have the cups to look forward to as well.

Less than a fifth of posters on here have voted him as their first choice for new manager (Just 18% of over 2000 votes cast so far).

Hardly a ringing endorsement from the fans. If that's the overall feeling throughout the wider support, he's facing an uphill struggle from day one.

In some quarters, its being seen as yet another dangerous miscalculation made by a sporting director whose track record in recruitment has been littered with costly mistakes.

Less than a fifth of posters on here have voted him as their first choice for new manager (Just 18% of over 2000 votes cast so far).

Hardly a ringing endorsement from the fans. If that's the overall feeling throughout the wider support, he's facing an uphill struggle from day one.

In some quarters, its being seen as yet another dangerous miscalculation made by a sporting director whose track record in recruitment has been littered with costly mistakes.
You think a poll on FF means absolutely anything,really?

Beale is a very fine appointment in my book. That aside all bears should be encouraging ANY new Rangers manager.

32% of the vote was for Dyche who I’m not sure was ever a real possibility for the job. I’m honestly not sure, but I’d love to have seen a list of the boards real prospects, to compare with Beale, if a list even existed mind you.

As long as supporters know it will be when the team is revamped and that's not anytime soon, the squad we have at present is nowhere near good enough even to compete for our league.
Crap, the reason we are behind is injuries as well as collum officiating, imagine that lot having to play Welsh at the back partnered by a midfielder

It's the laziest appointment imaginable, yet not surprising in the slightest.

The fans are bored of the football this season, not remember it being boring under Gerrard/Beale a lot of the time too?

Was really hoping for a completely fresh approach and optimistically an attacking style of football. Ah well.
Totally agree mate ...... I would put money on most of these responders to this thread were singing the praises of GVB before the European final and again before the cup final which he won! ....... I remember it well!

So what happened to GVBs charisma .....He lost nearly a full team of first players to injury and became the scapegoat for a boardroom of snakes that would not invest in the team when they had the chance?
Instead put their money on the over the hill mob and left GVB up the creek without a paddle?

On Beale, he had lost his last three games with QPR and now sits in seventh place,
Are people trying to tell us he is good enough for Rangers?

Not the Rangers and the Rangers supporters I know and at 74 years of age I've seen a few good and bad managers at Ibrox.

Sometimes I think these type of threads are being Orchestrated by the board or we are being infiltrated by the scum from the east end of Glasgow?

Beale has no CV as such other than being a part of Gerrard backroom team which won 55 ...... I wonder how many responders to this thread will be shouting for Beale's head on a pike come the end of the season.

Have we not seen it all before many times? Have we not learned by our experience?

For me the future does not look to good with this candidate we need experience to move forward with Beale we will be taking a step back.

First of all, there’s no way I want a Micky managing Rangers so can we please use his full name.

Secondly, I think the support would be behind him. Many like myself have strong reservations but if he is the appointment I’ll be behind him 100%.

All I really ask is that the board investigate all options and don’t rush into this just because they think he’s the fans choice. It’s of paramount importance we get this appointment right, so I want due diligence done on all potential candidates and I’m not sure we’ve seen that yet.

Any new manager coming in needs a bit of a miracle to begin with.

Hibs, Aberdeen, Mortherwell, Ross County & Celtic before the transfer window really opens.

Can't see the huge injury list clearing before that time either.
It's amazing how quickly injuries can heal up when the players have a manager they respond to.

Really? If he was confident he would hold out for a job in one of the top leagues in the world, not the backwater that is the SPFL.

What's telling for me is that QPR do not seem bothered in the slightest about him leaving. Got to ask ourselves why that is??

Off course we support him if he gets the job but I am sure I am not the only one who has severe reservations.
Because its been clear since before he even took over at qpr he's wanted the Rangers job

It would be like if Liverpool Came for Gerrard when he was with us. Noone would blame him, be upset etc, we'd just simply wish him well and move on.

On the flip side- they're not exactly overly happy to see the back of him either like we are with Gio.

Cards on the table, I wanted Beale. His experience (as a coach), reputation, and passion for the club won me over.

He could yet be a disaster, but I think he has the man management skills and coaching credentials to be a success.

I've read a lot about this being a "lazy appointment" and his imminent return seems to have really divided us.

I understand both camps, but let's give him a chance, eh? What can't be denied is that we are getting a talented and highly rated coach who loves our club enough to knock back a crack at the EPL.
I posted something on another thread which got a :oops: emoji.

Beale was in the exact same space Walter was in; he was number 2 to an icon. I know Walter had us in his DNA but there is no doubt that Beale wants to be here and he will bring in and inject fitness and intent back to the team. I'm not suggesting he is Walter but like Walter I think he will get the "we play second fiddle to no kunt" back into the team. I'm not convinced our Euro nights will be great, but I'll suffer that to see the filth back in the vice champion position.

Maybe he’s better suited to being a coach, taking training and having looser relationship with players.

Different kettle of fish when you’re the manager.

Walter being the greatest exception for us, but usually the #2 guy isn’t the best #1.

But if he gets the gig, he gets the fans’ backing.
And if it goes south, sadly, he’ll get chased same way Gio did.

Realistically, the league’s gone, but a dramatic improvement in performances, - maybe even a cup - will stand the club in good stead come next season.

I’m sure the vast majority of our support will get behind Beale once his appointment is officially rubber stamped by the board as we all love the club. I hope I’m proved wrong about this appointment if true and he goes on to bring the club more continued success.

Totally agree mate ...... I would put money on most of these responders to this thread were singing the praises of GVB before the European final and again before the cup final which he won! ....... I remember it well!

So what happened to GVBs charisma .....He lost nearly a full team of first players to injury and became the scapegoat for a boardroom of snakes that would not invest in the team when they had the chance?
Instead put their money on the over the hill mob and left GVB up the creek without a paddle?

On Beale, he had lost his last three games with QPR and now sits in seventh place,
Are people trying to tell us he is good enough for Rangers?

Not the Rangers and the Rangers supporters I know and at 74 years of age I've seen a few good and bad managers at Ibrox.

Sometimes I think these type of threads are being Orchestrated by the board or we are being infiltrated by the scum from the east end of Glasgow?

Beale has no CV as such other than being a part of Gerrard backroom team which won 55 ...... I wonder how many responders to this thread will be shouting for Beale's head on a pike come the end of the season.

Have we not seen it all before many times? Have we not learned by our experience?

For me the future does not look to good with this candidate we need experience to move forward with Beale we will be taking a step back.
Beale apparently "gets it" and has posted a few staunch tweets and that's enough in the eyes of a lot of supporters. Massive backward step if he is appointed.

Totally get where you’re coming from. I think that Beale can get key players like kamara contributing. Big he gets the job he will becoming with his eyes open. I hope he can bring Tom Culshaw with him as well pal
Totally get where you’re coming from. I think that Beale can get key players like kamara contributing. Big he gets the job he will becoming with his eyes open. I hope he can bring Tom Culshaw with him as well pal
Yes, I agree completely. I think Beale could get a tune out of some players GVB didn’t but it doesn’t sit right with me if certain players have “downed tools” and not given a toss, why can’t they get the sack (sell or not renew contracts) like GVB. They are just as responsible for us being 9 points behind Celtic. If we could cash in on Kamara for a good fee, to get a few players in, I would but I wouldn’t sell on the cheap. If we could get a few million for Morelos and Kent, I would take it and I think the board need to look to offload them in January if it’s clear they want to leave (although that is out with our control if they want to stay until the summer and leave for free). I would like Kent to sign a contract but I personally would get rid of Morelos asap, he’s unfit, undisciplined, his attitude stinks and Colak is a better striker (finisher) imho. My only worry is that Roofe might not be fit to replace Colak if he gets injured and Tillman could possibly play that role but it’s a gamble we might not be able to afford.

The moment I knew he was coming was around 5-6wks ago when he let us know with a slightly cryptic message. He said he was never close to taking the wolves job, he also said that had he been close to taking the role then he wouldn’t have considered it a step up from where he is.

That was the green light to say, come get me Rangers as you all know I consider the famous as the biggest club and a much bigger step up than either QPR or Wolves, much to the dismay of all the arrogant peckers down south who don’t realise just how big the famous RFC are.
We also run the risk of not appointing him, he’s successful with QPR over the next few years and perhaps a mid table EPL club come in for him. Then we can’t afford him ( we might have a manager that is successful and we don’t need Beale) and even though he has a genuine affection for Rangers, he might want to test himself in the EPL at a higher level. If he comes to Rangers and is successful for 3-4 years, no one would grudge him leaving if an EPL club came in.

'Ifs & buts' time again
But if SG had left without taking all of his backroom staff with him - then I (& I suspect a few more of us ) wouldn't have been over concerned if Beale had been given the reins at that stage - for at least the remainder of that season

Obviously that would have given him a chance to show his worth
But Beale's time at Villa didn't over impress & his time at QPR is a bit mixed
So in a way he's now had a chance to prove his worth - albeit in very differnt curcumstances - to carrying on after SG's tenure

But I can't help thinking he's failed to show anything particularly substantial since he left us - even allowing for the different & difficult tasks he's had.

I gather that most of those backing him - on here at least - see his coaching & tactical skills as a big selling point
But when SG was with us we went through lengthy spells where we couldn't find adequate tactics to break down ten man defences & were often stale & predictable
I said in another thread there were times when it seemed SG & his backroom staff reverted to Warburton's 'do plan A better'

I know it's impossible to tell what plusses & minuses were down to SG, Gary Mac, MB etc. but they all contributed & presumably approved of what the end product on the park was

I sincerely hope that if we do appoint MB he is as successful as possible & I'll back him to the hilt - but as you can tell I have serious reservations about the reasons behind this choice

Cards on the table, I wanted Beale. His experience (as a coach), reputation, and passion for the club won me over.

He could yet be a disaster, but I think he has the man management skills and coaching credentials to be a success.

I've read a lot about this being a "lazy appointment" and his imminent return seems to have really divided us.

I understand both camps, but let's give him a chance, eh? What can't be denied is that we are getting a talented and highly rated coach who loves our club enough to knock back a crack at the EPL.
Frankly bud, he has a honeymoon period that’ll last only till the first reverse, in my opinion.
I’d then expect all the naysayers to have daggers drawn and ready to act.
Only there will be no action, just noise.

Back