If Morelos goes.

Let's face it. He could go anytime. With roofe injured and it itten currently quite a bit off it what a mess we would be in. We would probably start with Defoe. Lots of talk about defence today but for me this season up front is a bigger concern alongside midfield. We would be gone from let him go to he must stay. Mental.
I agree he needs to stay and it would be a foolish time to sell him, a bit harsh on Itten as he hasn’t really had a chance to get up to speed yet and it’s a worry that Roofe is out already

Counter point : I think SG wants midfield to be 'water carriers' like Liverpool. The creativity and threat is wide and up front. I'm not sure he sees a new goal scoring, creative, and dominant midfuelder as a priority at all.

if morelos goes and we strengthen midfield and defence anf not up front then just hand them the title. Alfie needs to stay.

Counter point : I think SG wants midfield to be 'water carriers' like Liverpool. The creativity and threat is wide and up front. I'm not sure he sees a new goal scoring, creative, and dominant midfuelder as a priority at all.

Trying to copy the Liverpool Philosophy with youth coaches and a fraction of the budget/quality of player continues to baffle me.

If the management don't address our midfield and add another attacker in the coming weeks I think we know the inevitable outcome we've seen it happen over the last two seasons.

He took Hagi off who was our most creative player is a concern, only a slight concern because we are top of the league and I fully expect us to be top once we've played a full set of fixtures and hammer the scum to be 4pts ahead come October

Alfredo was playing like a man possessed this time last year, maybe he is suffering without the energy from the crowd or maybe he’s keen not to pick up injuries etc.

As for Itten, Kamberi made more on an impact in the limited game time he had. He needs to get a goal to get his Rangers career started.
I fear that when Morelos goes, we are in serious trouble.

Trying to copy the Liverpool Philosophy with youth coaches and a fraction of the budget/quality of player continues to baffle me.

If the management don't address our midfield and add another attacker in the coming weeks I think we know the inevitable outcome we've seen it happen over the last two seasons.
I agree. I also slammed Warbs and the Barca Way with a budget of £3.50. It's horses for courses. We're not Liverpool. We need our own style which has passion, strength and hardness as well as technique.

Tbh his goal aside, he wasn’t that good either.

Not to mention he missed an absolute sitter in the opening 10 with that header.

I’ve no idea how he can score the headers against Feyenoord yet at other times like today, you could be forgiven for thinking he’d never headered a ball in his life before

He took Hagi off who was our most creative player is a concern, only a slight concern because we are top of the league and I fully expect us to be top once we've played a full set of fixtures and hammer the scum to be 4pts ahead come October

Other than setting up the Arfield goal he did nothing today he is starting to turn into a luxury player and it pains me to say it.

Other than setting up the Arfield goal he did nothing today he is starting to turn into a luxury player and it pains me to say it.
Set up Arfield for what should have been a goal first half, perfect through pass for Kent which also should have been finished, plus the assist for the 2nd goal. You're right he did nothing.

Dario Vizinger cost 1m, he's scored 2 in 2 for Wolfsberger can't believe we didn't go for him. Could have saved us money and used it for a CM.

Liverpool have midfielders that start attacks, control and dictate the midfield and pace of play. Player's that can carry the ball and play an attacking pass; Henderson, Keita, Wijnaldum, Fabinho and now Thiago.

They play with authority, the pass is made before they have even received the ball, they have pace in attacking areas.

Thiago came on at half time and his first ball was a first time 25 yard ball out wide left that drew James out of position.

Today Davis and Kamara gave the ball away too easily, they failed to raise the tempo, it was too one paced, they failed to make the attacking passes. How many shots at goal did they have - both had the ball 25-20 yards from goal and produced nothing.

Back