If Morelos goes.

Southsideblueblood

Let's face it. He could go anytime. With roofe injured and it itten currently quite a bit off it what a mess we would be in. We would probably start with Defoe. Lots of talk about defence today but for me this season up front is a bigger concern alongside midfield. We would be gone from let him go to he must stay. Mental.

It’s got to the point now that he’s going to have to stay unless there’s a guaranteed replacement being signed.

Defoe will go down injured again soon enough as we’ve seen, and Roofe seems injury prone the last 18 months.

We need to react quickly to anyone wanting Morelos. I’m now starting to think he’s got to stay as I can’t see the two mentioned staying fit

Difficult to judge , based on game time , but itten , roofe and Defoe are not in the same league when Morelos is on it .

but he needs to be mentally right andhe’s atarget for refs .

imo , if we sell Morelos we will struggle to finish first

Reactions: dmg
I'm of the opinion he needs to go.

We need the money he'll bring in to strengthen. Two dominant central midfielders are a must for me.
Agreed.

And I'll be honest, as team unit I don't think we will miss him as much as many think. Up top on his own in games like today he offers very little at times.

We need the money he'll bring in to strengthen. Two dominant central midfielders are a must for me.
I wouldn’t trust Gerrard with the money to do that. That in itself is an issue. We all know two are needed but all we seem to hear is he wants one.

Gerrard is kidding himself on if he thinkS that midfield is going to drag us to anything.

Agreed.

And I'll be honest, as team unit I don't think we will miss him as much as many think. Up top on his own in games like today he offers very little at times.

a part from a goal , a wrongly disallowed winner and a few good chances today .

I hope you’re right , but no one in our team is going to replace Alfie’s goals although anything over £20 million andhe willbe gone .

I'd be sad to see Morelos go but, I can't say we are getting the same performances from him anymore.
The player that bullied n rag-dolled defenders hasn't been seen in a while
And yes whislt he has started scoring again we need to make a decision and soon as to who will be at our club for the season and get a style of play in place to suit that.
And if Morelos stays then he MUST get back to his style of play that defenders can't cope with, with discipline added.

I wouldn’t trust Gerrard with the money to do that. That in itself is an issue. We all know two are needed but all we seem to hear is he wants one.

Gerrard is kidding himself on if he thinkS that midfield is going to drag us to anything.

Depends on the midfielder we bring in I guess. A box to box central midfielder who scores 10-15 goals makes a huge difference to this team.

Depends on the midfielder we bring in I guess. A box to box central midfielder who scores 10-15 goals makes a huge difference to this team.
It would, but the way we seem intent on playing means midfielders are rarely threatening. we’ve seen our cms struggle to get a handful of goals let alone the numbers needed.

I think the time has come for the board to say to Gerrard “no more spending until you sell”
It’s dangerous ground, but I see the point. They’ve backed him and he’s not using the budget wisely in terms of the midfield compared to other areas. It’s there in black and white.

Quite unbelievable given the midfielder Gerrard was.

Losing Morelos and not replacing him means we would be left with Roofe, Defoe and Itten.

That's not landing a league title. Two our of the three have had injury problems over the last few years. Defoe is near on 38 and Itten is unproven at our level.

Losing Morelos and not replacing him means we would be left with Roofe, Defoe and Itten.

That's not landing a league title. Two our of the three have had injury problems over the last few years. Defoe is near on 38 and Itten is unproven at our level.
Depends on who we replace him with.
Weve got to be looking

If he goes, we will be battling second place. No natural striker when he's off form. Roofe too injury prone and never should of been brought in

Reactions: dmg
Depends on who we replace him with.
Weve got to be looking
If you think any of the money from a potential sale will be used to replace Morelos then you’re going to be disappointed I think. We have 4 players just now competing for one position up front.

If he goes, we will be battling second place. No natural striker when he's off form. Roofe too injury prone and never should of been brought in

Thats a bit harsh on Roofe

If anything he shouldn't have been risked on a plastic pitch v part time players. - that's beyond belief.

If you think any of the money from a potential sale will be used to replace Morelos then you’re going to be disappointed I think. We have 4 players just now competing for one position up front.

So if Roofe is out for a few weeks or whatever and we sell Morelos then we are likely to start matches with Defoe up top?

you do know gerrard has said himself several times we/he needs at least one midfielder.

so really he doesnt think ‘that midfield is going to drag is to anything’ does he?

in fact you could argue he has said exact the opposite of what you have posted, couldnt you?

I think that time has already come which is why Gerrard is making noises about need a midfield player and nothing is happening.
Then he evaluates the squad and makes a tough call. Who could he get maybe £2m plus for out the midfielders? Now Kamara is an asset that could probably fetch decent cash next summer after the euros. So he won’t be sold.

If we need cash now ? Someone in the championship would take a gamble on Ryan Jack given his injury record and offer £2m surely. He’s expendable. I’d look to move him on

Then he evaluates the squad and makes a tough call. Who could he get maybe £2m plus for out the midfielders? Now Kamara is an asset that could probably fetch decent cash next summer after the euros. So he won’t be sold.

If we need cash now ? Someone in the championship would take a gamble on Ryan Jack given his injury record and offer £2m surely. He’s expendable. I’d look to move him on
No chance I would be selling Jack , he was missed today.

He can’t leave this window now. I wanted him gone last week but if Roofe is out, Defoe can’t play every game and this Itten hasn’t impressed , we need him
to stay. Otherwise we need to have a replacement ready to come in and play instantly.

I highly doubt we’ll get two. Gerrard loves Jack and Kamara is also quite obviously rated by him. It’ll be one only, but I think after today it needs to be a player that looks better on paper than the Preston lad.

If Morelos stays however, that might be our whack.

Itten needs starts, he will never make an impact coming off the bench, how on earth can you say he looks off it.

He couldn't get in the side when Alfie was benched and the manager brought 38 year old Defoe on before him today.

He's plenty of time to prove himself, but the management team clearly don't have a ton of faith in him yet

Let's face it. He could go anytime. With roofe injured and it itten currently quite a bit off it what a mess we would be in. We would probably start with Defoe. Lots of talk about defence today but for me this season up front is a bigger concern alongside midfield. We would be gone from let him go to he must stay. Mental.
This is harsh in a way as he scored a very decent goal today and had another chopped off but he missed another 100 per cent chance thought his general play was poor.

I think both Kent and Hagi find him hard to play with. His touch when linking in tight areas is very erratic. And just once when we’re chasing a game I’d like to see him make a near post run. Always standing at the back stick does work at times but it’s a low yield.

I think we’ve looked better this season when he hasn’t played. I’d rather he was gone.

Let's be honest he did bugger all else apart from score which I get was important.

We need the money to strengthen his position and elsewhere.

Today's game was tailor made for the old Alfie, this time last year he would have rag dolled that defence and came away with at least two goals to his name.

Instead we got another really haphazard performance and, despite his goal, was a complete passenger for much of the game. I think it's time we move him on in all honesty.

To anyone watching the game today its blatantly obvious but then it has been all season today just highlighted it.
Of course and I don't really know what you are getting at with me? The comment of mine you initially quoted was me, replying to someone thinking that we where going to sell Morelos and replace him with another striker.

Of course and I don't really know what you are getting at with me? The comment of mine you initially quoted was me, replying to someone thinking that we where going to sell Morelos and replace him with another striker.
Not meant as a dig , tbh in my initial reply I think I took your comment out of context but I am actually agreeing with you in my second reply.

Doubt he will go now but this team needs 3 quality additions. DM CM and a RF are all needed especially considering our growing injury list and lack of options now.

I don't care if he scored today, other than that he was poor. Did next to nothing in the second half.

We've got problems in a few areas of the park.

Back