If next Season Starts in October

Robert Marshall

I think most sensible people would void this season just now and concentrate on trying to save next season. It would give us 34 Weekends up to second last week in May if started on the first Saturday in October
This scenario would see us scrap the League Cup for this season and any SC replays.
If we ignore the winter break. we could have an entire League campaign with Scottish Cup and European games
This would allow all games to be played and the season to finish in time for the Euros.
I think this would be realistic and allow all Clubs to start making plans for next season.

Agree with this.

The League Cup can come back in 2021/22.

Once football resumes it's important that next season finishes in good time for the Euros next year.

I would think there would be a few adjustments at both Domestic and European Levels when we finally start next season

Would agree to bin League Cup for a season and Scottish Cup replays for good as I don't see us only playing 22 League games unless there is an agreement

I think most sensible people would void this season just now and concentrate on trying to save next season. It would give us 34 Weekends up to second last week in May if started on the first Saturday in October
This scenario would see us scrap the League Cup for this season and any SC replays.
If we ignore the winter break. we could have an entire League campaign with Scottish Cup and European games
This would allow all games to be played and the season to finish in time for the Euros.
I think this would be realistic and allow all Clubs to start making plans for next season.
Sounds like as good an option as any. My concern would be, scrapping this season means losing all the coefficient points we gained.

How would you divide the SPFL prize money.

And the more Saturday games the better.

Having 34 weekends available would mean around 10 midweek games on that short schedule

5 weekends for Scottish Cup from 4th round onwards would mean 10 for League at least since we would 38 League games unless you play some Scottish Cup round midweek

Having Saturday games would down to what we did in European games

Sounds like as good an option as any. My concern would be, scrapping this season means losing all the coefficient points we gained.
I think they have already said the gained points would stand, I think
Europe would need to scrap qualifiers and put every team into groups to protect their own tournaments

I would actually divide it equally amongst the 42 Clubs and let them have a vote on it

I know I have said this elsewhere, however it is important to note that would mean the bottom clubs, who would have expected between £45k and £65k, getting about £600k.

Rangers on the other hand, sitting in second place would be looking at £2.4m so would lose out on about £1.8m.

This would totally suit the bottom clubs, it would be be enormous for them. However it would just speed up the demise of the teams at the top.

I know I have said this elsewhere, however it is important to note that would mean the bottom clubs, who would have expected between £45k and £65k, getting about £600k.

Rangers on the other hand, sitting in second place would be looking at £2.4m so would lose out on about £1.8m.

This would totally suit the bottom clubs, it would be be enormous for them. However it would just speed up the demise of the teams at the top.
It's only my opinion. I think it would be a fair way to go

If the season doesn't start in October then the euros should not go ahead next summer. Domestic season should have priority in the next 15 or so months

If they persevere trying to get this season finished then the knock on impact will be felt for the next 3 or 4 easily.... The right thing to do is draw a line under it and move on once we are in a better place!

I posted the very same idea on a different thread. Only change I'd make is to run it October start, factor in international weekends, minimise mid week matches and tie it in with the 2022 World Cup schedule, eventually moving everything back to the current time schedule.

I don't think we will have many Saturday matches at 3 o'clock next season.
European fixtures would push us back to Sunday fixtures.
In addition I think that, as a sop to the TV companies, they will allow more of our home fixtures to be shown live on TV therefore moving us out of the Saturday 3 o'clock slot.

It's only my opinion. I think it would be a fair way to go

It would be the easiest way to go, absolutely.

However I don't see how it would be the fairest.

The clubs who bring the money in, via TV, sponsorship etc, getting the same as the clubs who bring very little financially. I really don't see how that is fair.

It would be the easiest way to go, absolutely.

However I don't see how it would be the fairest.

The clubs who bring the money in, via TV, sponsorship etc, getting the same as the clubs who bring very little financially. I really don't see how that is fair.

I would be fine with it if it’s a one off gesture of solidarity, on the assumption that a majority of clubs voted to void League Season 2019-20.

I would be fine with it if it’s a one off gesture of solidarity, on the assumption that a majority of clubs voted to void League Season 2019-20.

Several top clubs have already said they are in financial trouble or moving fast towards it. Hearts, in their current position would be giving up £0.5m, every club above them would be giving up more than that.

It's the top division which brings in the vast majority of the money, why would they be expected to give up so much of that when they are in such trouble themselves.

Several top clubs have already said they are in financial trouble or moving fast towards it. Hearts, in their current position would be giving up £0.5m, every club above them would be giving up more than that.

It's the top division which brings in the vast majority of the money, why would they be expected to give up so much of that when they are in such trouble themselves.

Hearts wouldn’t be getting relegated.

Up to them though.

I think we’ll be able to start the league easy mid August. Particularly in Scotland.

Hearts wouldn’t be getting relegated.

Up to them though.

I was just using them as an example, Rangers would be losing £1.8m. Motherwell would be losing £1.4m, Aberdeen would be losing £1.2m, Livingston would be losing £1m and Hibs just a bit under that. Based on current positions.

Two of those teams, 3 if you include Hearts have already spoken about their financial uncertainty. I am sure Livingston could do without losing out on £1m.

Whereas the bottom team would go from about £45k up to about £600k.

Seriously, how is that fair. Who brought the money into the league in the first place. I don't think it was Brechin City.

Wait till the SFA start wanting weekend slots for international games.

Those are already in place until 2024 - FIFA

Whether they play domestic games on them will be something that decide on at UEFA level at least with the 55 national associations

The focus needs to shift to being about a new campaign when football resumes. All this talk of resuming the current season's competitions is just kicking the can down the road. The football authorities need to face up to the fact that unless football resumes in the short term, which is highly unlikely, this season is gone.

Rescheduling the Euros to 2021, resuming this campaign when football can be played again, a 20/21 season to play, cup and European competitions as long as international qualifiers to be played. It's unrealistic and the proper decisions just know is simply being kicked down the road.

A Euros competition in 20/21 followed by a World Cup in 2022 with the conclusion of three league campaigns, multiple domestic cups, European competitions and international qualifiers in the same period. None of the possible scenarios for doing this seem realistic to me.

These are surreal times. Point made by OP is peoples health and safety are most important. I would bin the league cup as sponsors not exactly queuing up and winning it qualifies you for sod all. The crowds in early stages are poor which shows the fans interest also.
I'd bin the Euro's for next summer also - not a big fan of international football.
Scrub the winter break and whether we play league or SC games midweek you can bet your bottom dollar we will be at Aberdeen and Ross County for midweek league games.
Stay safe. WATP

They reckon social distancing could last another 12-18 months if this is the case then i can't see us playing in front of a packed Ibrox for the foreseeable future.

Back