If Olympiacos were to lose tonight

Sebrof61

Official Ticketer
Who and where do they play in the Europa League next week or are they out of Europe altogether

They are in the CL and would play Porto or Krasnodar at home next week if they get through.

If they get knocked they drop into the EL (maybe not)

Last edited:
Can’t see their name in the europa league play off draw
POAK are in the champions route

They go in to the Group Stage of the Europa League if they go out the CL tonight.

Wouldn't they play a qualifier? Pretty sure they would have to.

Must admit I was surprised when I read it but it say's what I said here (scroll to third qualifying round):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_UEFA_Champions_League

The third qualifying round is split into two separate sections: Champions Path (for league champions) and League Path (for league non-champions). The losers from the Champions Path enter the 2019–20 UEFA Europa League play-off round, while the losers from the League Path enter the 2019–20 UEFA Europa League group stage.

Olympiakos are in the League route.

If correct bud (not doubting you) if Olympiacos go out it would leave next Wednesday free should we go to Athens.

True Stevie, though they're already in front on aggregate with their away goal, so the Turks need to up their game somewhat.

Must admit I was surprised when I read it but it say's what I said here (scroll to third qualifying round):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_UEFA_Champions_League

The third qualifying round is split into two separate sections: Champions Path (for league champions) and League Path (for league non-champions). The losers from the Champions Path enter the 2019–20 UEFA Europa League play-off round, while the losers from the League Path enter the 2019–20 UEFA Europa League group stage.

Olympiakos are in the League route.

Not if they go out tonight. It’s a qualifying round, not playoff round.

Not that it matters now.

Nah, read the thread and links mate.

As well as Basak Basel, Dynamo Kiev and Porto are also now in Europa League Groups as a result of going out of CL tonight.

They were saying on Radio Scotland that they'll be playing europa league football next Thursday...

Edit - just read above.... that is fucking shocking they're in the group stages.

I give up!

"they" has always referred to Olympiakos when I have said it, like the opening question asked!

Last edited:
Back