If only our players can shoot like the gaffer

cooperman

came across this on youtube, what a shot Gerrard had on him, I know there were other players who can hit the ball harder, but I can't think of one who was as accurate and score as many goals with long range shots as Gerrard. anyway check it out, it's a good wee watch

I've posted this before that him and McAllister were two of the best, and you would think this would come into play.

Did we score many goals for outside the box? I’m so frustrated at games we have lovely play around the box yet are always trying to walk it into the net.

unbelievable ability, quite ridiculous to be able to strike a ball that far, that fast and that accurate as often as what he did throughout his career.

Wowsers. Up there with the very very best in his position every season for years. Had everything and some

Some absolutely ridiculous finishes in there.

The second in the West Ham game is just unbelievable, most players could try that 100 times and get nowhere near scoring it.

That lad could hit a ball. Our players should be paying particular attention to proper pro's, guys who wanted to win, guys who were loyal to the club and the cause. Our local lad was Halliday and in no way am I comparing them but it shows how important local talent is. Gerard was the heartbeat of that club for so long.

The guy is a winner and he will win with us next season. I have no doubt. He has been robbed out of a cup this year. He won't let it happen again.

came across this on youtube, what a shot Gerrard had on him, I know there were other players who can hit the ball harder, but I can't think of one who was as accurate and score as many goals with long range shots as Gerrard. anyway check it out, it's a good wee watch

Try tracking my posts re the Gaffer and our deplorable shooting by our players. We pussy foot and pass back where a shot is on. Stevie Gs stock and trade was his shot, you would have thought it would be trained into our players, but No!

Watched the two he scored against West Ham in an FA cup show that was shown this afternoon. What a couple of strikes they were!

The second one he was limping minutes before it and looked as though he was done in.

Try tracking my posts re the Gaffer and our deplorable shooting by our players. We pussy foot and pass back where a shot is on. Stevie Gs stock and trade was his shot, you would have thought it would be trained into our players, but No!
Agreed, we just don't shoot enough outside the box, Arfield and Jack are the two that comes to mind whose scored, that's it really, most of the time it's no on target, I think Kent's been guilty of that quite a bit, I know our players are no gonna be able to do it like Gerrard does, no mtter how hard they train, but at least get them on target, though I think Hagi may buck that trend as he's got solid technique with both feet, we should also practice pens a bit more, can't remember how many we've missed in a row so far

Agreed, we just don't shoot enough outside the box, Arfield and Jack are the two that comes to mind whose scored, that's it really, most of the time it's no on target, I think Kent's been guilty of that quite a bit, I know our players are no gonna be able to do it like Gerrard does, no mtter how hard they train, but at least get them on target, though I think Hagi may buck that trend as he's got solid technique with both feet, we should also practice pens a bit more, can't remember how many we've missed in a row so far
Surely our players can’t help but be inspired by SG, an absolute legend with balls of steel. A true story of a local kid growing up and playing for and captaining his boyhood team in amongst global superstars. I thought he was great before he came to our team. Some of his touches from the sidelines to pluck the ball out the air when it’s went out of play have been sublime, wish he could pull on a shirt for us as he could still make most of the SPFL dobbers look like a bag of tits.

Surely our players can’t help but be inspired by SG, an absolute legend with balls of steel. A true story of a local kid growing up and playing for and captaining his boyhood team in amongst global superstars. I thought he was great before he came to our team. Some of his touches from the sidelines to pluck the ball out the air when it’s went out of play have been sublime, wish he could pull on a shirt for us as he could still make most of the SPFL dobbers look like a bag of tits.
you can be inspired by the gaffer, but you can't do what Gerrard does if you ain't got his talent. but hopefully Hagi can solve our long shooting problem as he seems to have a decent shot on him, and more importantly he gets them on target most of the time. Who would you put on pens next season?

Or pass like the gaffer, or step up in big moments like the gaffer, or lead like the gaffer. If our players had even a couple of the traits he had as a player we’d a lot better off.

Watched the two he scored against West Ham in an FA cup show that was shown this afternoon. What a couple of strikes they were!

What a game he had that day. Passed to crouch for the goal that was chopped off, set up Cisses goal, hit t(e bar, scored two the second being up there with the best FA Cup goals ever and then scores a pen.

Back