If Rangers And Benfica Win Their Next 2 Games

alan78

Who tops the table?

Does it come down to goal difference? Or head to head?

3 each then 2 each. I'm guessing as things stand, Rangers have a better head to head as we scored 3 away goals? Is this correct?

Who tops the table?

3 each then 2 each. I'm guessing as things stand, Rangers have a better head to head as we scored 3 away goals? Is this correct?
Yes it’s a head to head and we will win the section and go through as the winners off the section I don’t know how that goes with the seedings if we are in pot one or not just as long as we get through to the last 32 will give us more cash anyway and we get the TV money like last year as we are the only Scottish team left in the competition

Reactions: TQ3
Yes it’s a head to head and we will win the section and go through as the winners off the section I don’t know how that goes with the seedings if we are in pot one or not just as long as we get through to the last 32 will give us more cash anyway and we get the TV money like last year as we are the only Scottish team left in the competition

Celtic qualified from their EL group last season but were knocked out in last 32 by FC Copenhagen.

I think that finishing first in your group in the EL is significantly less important than in the CL.

Last year would point to that aswell.

Re Seeding...

"In the draw for the round of 32, the twelve group winners and the four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage with the better group records are seeded, and the twelve group runners-up and the other four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage are unseeded."

I fear Liege may be a struggle and I wouldn't want to be going to Poland needing a result. Hopefully the team isn't beginning to show wear-and-tear. I'll take 2nd in the group.

Enx7WahXIAE9BVW

Last edited:
I fear Liege may be a struggle and I wouldn't want to be going to Poland needing a result. Hopefully the team isn't beginning to show wear-and-tear. I'll take 2nd in the group.
Same for me mate, a wee bit concerned that we might be showing signs of wear and tear.

I think that finishing first in your group in the EL is significantly less important than in the CL.

Last year would point to that aswell.

Usually, but the way the groups are shaping up this year I’d say winning the group is vital.

Reactions: TQ3
SG would have decision to make in our last game if we managed to get through before then as ideally I'm sure he would like to rest a few players if he could but got to way that against topping the group or not.

My expectation for Europe this season was to get out of the groups so I am happy with the position we are in. Obviously I'd be delighted if we went into the latter stages of the competition but a lot depends on the draw.

To be honest its the trip to Poland i'm wary of. They went toe to toe with us for long spells at Ibrox and are quite similar in style to us. On paper I think we are the better side, but in a one off match anything can happen. If we end up topping this group I think it will be a massive boost for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
I can see both us and Benfica winning our round 5 matches which creates and interesting predicament for the final game versus lech.

As I understand it we get approximately £500,000 for winning each game but would also get £1M for topping the group compared to £0.5 for finishing 2nd?

With £1M up for grabs could we afford to rest players in Poland even if we are already through?

I can see both us and Benfica winning our round 5 matches which creates and interesting predicament for the final game versus lech.

As I understand it we get approximately £500,000 for winning each game but would also get £1M for topping the group compared to £0.5 for finishing 2nd?

With £1M up for grabs could we afford to rest players in Poland even if we are already through?
If you can guarantee no one will get injured yes.

Where is this sign of wear and tear?
I reckon the majority of who started on Thursday night will not be playing today, so giving them some rest

No.
Not this season.

Who tops the table?

H2H hence why we are top just now.

Our previous two games were 4-0 and 8-0 tbf.
I know what the guy is saying,it’s the midfield more than anywhere we could fall short. Where is this Zungu character as Davis may run out of steam with the heavier pitches / winter conditions and Jack is always a concern with his knee.

I’m pretty much certain Benfica will take maximum points from the next two games. We should take care of Standard on Thursday will be down to the game in Poland. Not the easiest of places to go for a win but this Rangers side are more than capable.

A quick glance at the EL tables shows there could be quite a difference between finishing first or second. Some good teams at the top including us. Obviously, like Porto last year, you can still get an unlucky draw but the odds are on an easier game should we be top.

Based on what?
Quite clearly dropping a 2 goal lead against a Champions league last 16 level team, who out spent us by at least 5 times in the summer and have a world renowned Academy.

Dreadful signs of dropping standards

Goes on head to head in away goals scored. Great position to be in, ain't it?
Yip unless you looked at the bbc website.They had Benfica top at one point.Maybe it was the goal difference(they are +2)and a genuine mistake.I don’t believe that when they’re concerned. Petty cu*ts

Back