If SFA appoint that drunk, Scottish national team will

Scotland will probably win a few games with him in charge, but they'll be mind numbingly boring. If that keep the willie wavers happy, so be it.

On a side note, have Kilmarnock ever scored in the last couple of seasons with a goal that doesn't come from a mistake?

Sorry OP but you are talking nonsense.

I think he is the best fit for the Scotland job, his brand of defensive football is perfect for a national team with crap players. Say what you like about him but his transformation of Killie with almost no cash is nothing short of remarkable.

He's a good choice for Scotland, good manager and has kept Kilmarnock up there. Can get the best out of what he's got available to him and that's a key requirement or Scotland I think.

Yup, if he sets up a Scotland team to cheat and dive in the international stage it'll end in tears.

We've truly got one of the worst group of referees I've ever seen. International referees won't fall for it.

Be even worse than it is.
International refs won't bend over backwards to award them games, 4 points they have won in space of a week with ridiculous decisions.

Diving and gamemanship won't be allowed.

Honestly, scunnered looking at his ugly smug 19th Century Terrorist face.
No diving and gamesmanship in international football?? I think there might be a wee bit of it

Sorry but I don’t give a shit about a Manager of Hammer Throwers, to take over a National Team, that I’ll, One, not bother about going out of my way to watch. Two, for someone who’s looking forward too a nice pay package when he’s Sacked, a right F******

Clarke has worked a miracle at Kilmarnock but let’s see how he does with a handful of training sessions a year and players dropping like flies when it suits them. It’s not like he had much experience of the international scene as a player to know what he’s getting into.

He should do a decent job with Scotland and the Nations Lesgue play off probably represent the best chance any Scotland manager has had of reaching a major finals since Craig Brown.

He's taken Killie from bottom of the league to 3rd place and barely spent any money to do it. If that's what the bevvy does to a manager they should all be on it.

International refs won't bend over backwards to award them games, 4 points they have won in space of a week with ridiculous decisions.

He has taken Kilmarnock with a team of at best journeymen into Europe and a third place finish - not to mention his results against and the bheasts from the east.

Anyone suggesting he is not w good manager is deluded - he will 100% be an upgrade on that clown McLeish.

Clarke learned how to set up teams under Mourinho, and that is exactly what he’s done at Kilmarnock.
Absolutely terrible to play against and to watch.
His success at Kilmarnock is down to his negative tactics, and a pitch that gives Kilmarnock a huge advantage.
I think his appointment will get us some results, but good teams can break down packed defences.
As I don’t watch Scotland anyway, the way ahead is of no real concern to me, but for the game in Scotland going forward, his appointment is a negative step.

Frankly he is the best Man for the job , he will make Scotland hard to beat and will make best use of the players available. Scotland won't be nice to watch but might qualify for something. My main complaint with him his his comments about not hearing the abuse of Kris Boyd by Celtic support but then having a go at our support.

Hope they employ him then.

[QUOTE="frankfurterbear1, post: 3620382, member: 3475"]Be even worse than it is.

Honestly, scunnered looking at his ugly smug 19th Century Terrorist face.[/QUOTE]

Hope so

If he gets the job then good. It won’t make me go to see them though and I do hope he refuses to pick any rangers players. Over emotional flakey prick. A part time job with lots of money is perfect for an alky.

He’s a Jake ball, piss stained mentally challenged wanker. But he is the best person for the Scotland job. Plus it keeps his greeting face away from the SPL.

He's a better manager than the SFA could have hoped for. Possibly his personal circumstances have allowed such an alignment. Good appointment in MHO, the piss stained alcoholic cuunt

He seems to have done pretty well against us

11 points behind and put out of a cup by a 38 year old rookie manager in his first season.

Depends on your take on it. They’ve benefitted from some very generous refereeing against Rangers.

Good move for Scotland and Clarke IMHO as there isn't people clambering for the position, and Clarke gets loads of duty free booze, win win.:)) made for each other.

His time with Kilmarnock qualifies him for the Scotland job perfectly. It’s like for like in terms of managing players with limited ability to get results. As someone else said, the challenge will be doing that when you only get your squad together 4 or 5 times a year.

Not that I’ll lose any sleep over the fact, I don’t expect him to involve many Rangers players.

A good manager.....we'll see, this thread bookmarked.

He turned a relegation level team into one that qualified for Europe.

Being able to get a tune out of average players is a skillset you need as Scotland manager. I think that, on paper, it's a decent appointment.

Back