If the board did a U Turn, how would it go down?

Papasmurf

Official Ticketer
If the 'right' manager became available in the next month or two and the board did a u turn, how would we react?

If the ideal manager was to be come available (whoever that may be, I still don't have any ideas), it would be negligent of the board not to act on it. I suspect they wouldn't see it that way though.

After results like today I’d guess we’d be over the moon.

For me though there is no right man. Big difference between who we’d like and who we can attract. I also think the board have effectively just brushed the issue aside in the hope that something does come along.

The way the Club is being run it's almost a stick on that they are going to do something different to what they've just said.

Saying that, they'll probably now go for Tommy Wright as the 'right manager'.

We would react how most of us have been reacting to their decisions of late that they don’t know what they are doing. However takes more courage to hold your hands up & say we got this badly wrong knowing they will get criticism on the back of this. This board would rather bury their heads in the sand hoping that’s it will all turn out ok. They really aren’t fit for purpose.

I don’t trust this board to make any sort of appointment. Robertson is needing chased down Edmiston Drive and King has to stand down as chairman and let someone else take over the reigns. We really cannot continue like this.

I do not and will not see Murty as anything more than a caretaker. He is not a manager. He's been in the dugout for some games when we haven't had a manager, THAT IS IT.

There's nothing more to say. He isn't a football manager. He's just not.

I like the guy, but I'd be saying a huge thank %^*& were he to be removed from his post tomorrow. But he won't be. Because we don't have a pot to piss in and we've given him a contract til the end of the season worth at least 100k.

As someone said above why not McLeish.A treble winning manager who knows the club inside out and was in charge when we were downsizing so can work to a tight budget.
He's available and would improve us so just bloody ask him.

They've shot themselves in the foot by announcing Murty til the end of the season. If they had announced for the time being and been flexible with their wording they would not have a timeframe to work to. Now, if results continue to go downhill, they may have to relieve Murty of his duties prior to the end of the season. Resulting in more pressure on them.

It is clear there is not only a lack of management at Rangers but a lack of intelligence also.

The way the Club is being run it's almost a stick on that they are going to do something different to what they've just said.

Saying that, they'll probably now go for Tommy Wright as the 'right manager'.

Right now, I'd take that. He gave us a footballing lesson last week that Steve Clark managed to repeat today.

I do not and will not see Murty as anything more than a caretaker. He is not a manager. He's been in the dugout for some games when we haven't had a manager, THAT IS IT.

I like the guy, but I'd be saying a huge thank %^*& were he to be removed from his post tomorrow. But he won't be. Because we don't have a pot to piss in and we've given him a contract til the end of the season worth at least 100k.

Where did you get that figure?

It's not "if", it's when.

This appointment is only going to end one way, it's only a matter of time.

I'd take McLeish or even McCall right now. Anyone, really.
They said Murty until January
Yesterday, it was Murty until end of season
If they hire McLeish as another interim appointment, they deserve to be hounded out

There is no way Bradford will let McCall go. Not the way he's got them playing

Is that true though? If we’re that bad off financially then why get rid of Pedro, there going to need to get a better quality manager in at some point or do they expect to wait for the share issue? Is it more that they couldn’t come to agreement on a decision for manager and have stuck with Murty for ‘stability’.

We will implode some point soon, Mark Allen and Murty will get horsed and we will go back for McInness.

I have no issue with them saying we got it wrong and appointing someone soon. It would at least show they learn, albeit too slowly. If they watch over a mediocre season in which we're lucky to finish 3rd then they need to go. That simple. I appreciate they're investors but if I won the lottery and put my cash into Rangers I'm realistic to understand I do not have the attributes to sit on a football board. I wish they were as realistic too.

Just don’t understand why they said till January. We lose to StJ then they appoint him until the end of the season.
We’ve had some shocking results and performances under Murty.
Seen nothing that makes me think he should be getting the job.

I would applaud them - they simply CANNOT stick with Murty - its not even a decision ?

they can say what they like, we were made aware and thought the timing is right to now appoint ..........

time they manned the fek up and took action

I just cannot see Murty continuing unless the results pick up.

If Fraserburgh beat us then surely that’s the end.
Lose to Motherwell/filth ought to see him binned.He won't be though so we are stuck with him regardless.

Is that true though? If we’re that bad off financially then why get rid of Pedro, there going to need to get a better quality manager in at some point or do they expect to wait for the share issue? Is it more that they couldn’t come to agreement on a decision for manager and have stuck with Murty for ‘stability’.
We're not skint. The money was there for McInnes's compensation

The right candidates ( plural)exists , we have no money to get them. Therefore it’s murty or if he chucks it , going by the boards logic , the canteen managers next.

We were told at the AGM that Pedro was the preferred candidate after undergoing a lengthy in depth process. We were also told that a similar process was undertaken again to find our new manager. Who do we get? The f*cking youth team coach. Questions must now be asked about these processes as that is twice this board have come up with duds.
No doubt a "big" name will be rolled out just before season ticket renewal time!

If the 'right' manager became available in the next month or two and the board did a u turn, how would we react?

Its too late
They fucked the season off months ago when we were five behind

What will change their mind now that we are eleven back.

They need hunted.

We will end this season around 30 points behind... Again

The thing we have to consider is what manager is going to want to work with this board? They very well may be the stumbling block for us to get anyone.

The Board will come out with tbe usual if we don't buy season tickets we are putting the club back years.
It will be all our faults .
44k this season and they have just given up on it.

A rudderless ship is what we are going in no particular direction

If we miss out on the chance of europe heads must roll starting with king Stepping down as chairman .

Forget it this board appointed someone who has lost 6 out of 16 matches. That shows you the level they are happy with. As I've said on various threads they could not organise a piss up in a brewery. I fully expect them to miss out on most of their targets in January also.

Back