If the board did a U Turn, how would it go down?

It’s like the board shit themselves with that Dave King story yesterday and thought, ‘hang on, get on the blower to Cardiff about Declan annnnnnd just make Murty manager for the rest of the season, quick!”

I get the feeling this board would intentionally pass up on a decent manager to avoid the embarrassment of removing Murty after announcing him for the rest of the season.

I have zero faith in them making sound footballing decisions.

We're not skint. The money was there for McInnes's compensation

Ahem do you think the money was actually there? Milne wanted £1m up front next thing McInnes ‘bottled’ it. Just saying if you join the dots all may not have been what we’ve been told. The reality is there is a story here which will come to light one day it always does. I’d love just once to get the truth.

I’d look at it as finally seeing sense. If the right guy becomes available get him in ASAP

I just cannot see Murty continuing unless the results pick up.

If Fraserburgh beat us then surely that’s the end.

Don’t count on it. We got beat from the Fraserburgh of Luxembourg. Board were quite happy to continue the charade after that.

Ahem do you think the money was actually there? Milne wanted £1m up front next thing McInnes ‘bottled’ it. Just saying if you join the dots all may not have been what we’ve been told. The reality is there is a story here which will come to light one day it always does. I’d love just once to get the truth.
Are you saying McInnes wasn't in Glasgow and an hour from signing? The Money was there and he was coming til he had "second thoughts"

Last edited:
Are you saying McInnes wasn't in Glasgow and an hour from signing? The Monet was there and he was coming til he had "second thoughts"

That is one version of events but there are others. I think there is a connection between Kings court case and appointing Murty. Equally there MAY be a connection between Aberdeen’s request that the £1m be paid in full and this ‘second thoughts’.

I don’t know but I’d like to and I’m not alone am I?

If they done a u-turn of such monumental capacity, then there would be a complete loss of confidence in their decision making ability. Instead of fans having an opinion that they do not know what they are doing, they would be making that statement themselves with such a decision.

This board gave up they wanted in and got in but now they are in they stumble from one mistake to the next I think running a football clubs harder than they thought.

There is one capable candidate staring us in the face from the home dugout today

For me its a no brainer but the board and Stewart Robertson are footballing rookies who havent got a clue

There is one capable candidate staring us in the face from the home dugout today

For me its a no brainer but the board and Stewart Robertson are footballing rookies who havent got a clue
I agree, but there is every chance that if we approached him he would turn us down.
How would that look for the board?
I'm not saying this would happen but it is a possibility given Clarke has no Rangers leanings and has a reputation that he may feel will only get damaged at our club.

I agree, but there is every chance that if we approached him he would turn us down.
How would that look for the board?
I'm not saying this would happen but it is a possibility given Clarke has no Rangers leanings and has a reputation that he may feel will only get damaged at our club.
And I agree with you. This board are rapidly building a bad reputation in the football world and there will be managers unwilling to work under the leadership structure we have

Doesnt mean they shouldn't be swallowing their pride and asking the question though

The way things have went we would have been better keeping pedro until the board actually had an action plan on what they would do after they sack the guy

If the 'right' manager became available in the next month or two and the board did a u turn, how would we react?

It wouldn't be a u turn them, in as much as sacking a manager midway through the contract isn't a u turn.

I don't think this is likely to happen though. Lets be honest, if we couldn't get mcinnes then who can we afford to get in a few months time? Everyone has a price, and clearly what we offered mcinnes wasn't enough to sway him away from his existing job.

[Q,UOTE="Kaiserweiss, post: 628937, member: 2761"]I don’t need to back up facts when they are out their[/QUOTE
I don’t need to back up facts when they are out their
If you are going to make serious allegations you need to back them up,or did you just read them on the Fuddleboard?

[Q,UOTE="Kaiserweiss, post: 628937, member: 2761"]I don’t need to back up facts when they are out their[/QUOTE

If you are going to make serious allegations you need to back them up,or did you just read them on the Fuddleboard?

I don’t venture over to the pedo board mate I have more than enough to do with my life.

I think Mark Allen’s comments today back up a number of things that i have posted recently suggesting that thereabouts a rift between the board and that it will get worse before it gets better.

Sure we all thank the Board but now questions must be asked

If Murty can't stabilise things, there will be a mutual consent deal done, and the managerial merry go round will continue.

To answer OP as this thread has derailed, I’d say most definitely if they find an option then Murty is back with the U20’s. It would go down very very well.

I think we would all be delighted and ok we will feel sorry for GM but we need someone with a pedigree.

We need a lot of change and money but cannot see this in the short term

I don’t venture over to the pedo board mate I have more than enough to do with my life.

I think Mark Allen’s comments today back up a number of things that i have posted recently suggesting that thereabouts a rift between the board and that it will get worse before it gets better.

Sure we all thank the Board but now questions must be asked
Posting opinions about the decisions the Board have made is fine,yes mistakes have been made and they would expect to receive a level of criticism for that,but they do not deserve to be called crooked.

If the board had appointed a new manager then Murty would have gone back to his day job with our thanks for stepping up. Now his reputation could go up in smoke thanks to a board who have thrown him under a bus.

Don't we as supporters deserve a proper Manager in charge of the first team ?

Absolutely. It's a disaster that's entirely of the board's making so when they inevitably have to replace him (probably soon) then a decent bloke's pride takes an absolute kicking. He shouldn't have been given the gig full time but the very least he deserves is to be treated with respect and that's the opposite of what is going to end up happening.

Some of them don’t but I wasn’t referring to them all.
If you think you know something then you should enlighten us all rather than making vague statements about it being *out there*
It doesn't sit right that a Rangers man would make these accusations against guys who in the main working for free and putting in several millions that they will likely never see again.
So if you have any evidence that will benefit the fans or the Club to know about then let us know,otherwise your comments remain susicious.

Back