If the season finishes trophyless

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, Gerrard and his team have done a good job so far, and remain the best hope for victory and a re-establishment of the club's rightful position in Scottish football.

To put it further, I'd go as far as saying that Gerrard is one of the best things to happen to this club in years.

I'll be sticking by them.

Last edited:
Aye cause that's never happened before.If we win nothing in all pprobability that's another treble for them.In what world other than Charles Green or Craig Whyte in charge is that acceptable for Rangers management team to be in charge for those 2 years?Answer is it's not no matter what anyone says about progress or anything else on here.
The world we live in now.we still have not recovered from 2012 and we are still not anywhere near pre 2012 levels.in two seasons we went from being humiliated in Europe and ripped apart by Celtic to two very impressive European performances and three victories over the yahoos that to me is progress and a foundation to build on.

If we end the season trophy less it’s quite obvious what will happen. What will happen is exactly what should happen. The club continue to build and improve on a squad that has clearly improved under a young manager in Gerrard. Gerrard stays in charge and continues to improve us. It’s quite obvious and simple that it’s the correct thing to do.

We have came a long way under Gerrard, improved performances in all competitions. Do we just forget that we are performing better in the league this year to last? Do we forget that we have reached a final of a domestic completion? Do we forget that we have reached the knockout round of European football? A few bad results does not change that. We are not miles behind them in the league.

My personal opinion, i would stick with the management team that has us improving year on year, than sack them, gamble on a new management team. Everyone has a right to be pissed off with the performances lately, but realistically sacking the manager sets us back, not forward

I think it's more likely he walks if we sell Alfie. If he didn't realistically think we're good enough to stop 10 theres no way he'd want to be around for the aftermath

There's always an alternative. Heard this so many times on here over the years.Who we going to get to take over?Be plenty of options if it comes to it.Hope it doesn't and hope he is the one.But the warning signs that he's not are pinging for me.

So what is the alternative? What sort of manager would be coming in with a 1 season remit to beat the team with 3x our budget to a league title?

I’m not throwing in the towel but if it goes tits up this year then it’s bitterly disappointing. The coaching team gets next season though, they deserve it because they have improved the club no end. If it happens again next year then maybe they get punted?

Isn’t ideal but he was utterly cheated of the LC. In his two seasons he’s excelled and exceeded what’s expected of him and the team in Europe. Worth noting we hadn’t beaten the smellies since 2012 before he came in.

That said the way the teams shat the bed after the winter break two years in the trot is alarming.

I’d want him given next season unless we really really go on a bad run of form. A SC final is the baw hair minimum for me also.

Agree with what you’ve said there.

But that’s not true about beating Celtic

Even talking about getting rid of Gerrard at the end of the season even if we end up trophyless is just insanity.
We've improved beyond all recognition in his short time here and I'm quite sure we'll continue to do so.
Rip it all up and start again?
C'mon...get real!
No one is doubting where he has brought the team from to where it is now. But he is no novice now. And there is some decisions that are just baffling. With the superstar he is,and obvious respect for him, I simply can't fathom why the team throw in these pitiful performance's. This is Scotland, a footballing backwater and a league full of aggressive non entities. Surely a team managed by Gerrard with our budget should be at least getting by against these doolies, if not annihilating them. The only nip and tuck games should be against the enablers and we've shown we can take them.

No one is doubting where he has brought the team from to where it is now. But he is no novice now. And there is some decisions that are just baffling. With the superstar he is,and obvious respect for him, I simply can't fathom why the team throw in these pitiful performance's. This is Scotland, a footballing backwater and a league full of aggressive non entities. Surely a team managed by Gerrard with our budget should be at least getting by against these doolies, if not annihilating them. The only nip and tuck games should be against the enablers and we've shown we can take them.
Fair point, we're all disappointed by the recent results but let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater!

It took over 50 yrs 4 they cunts to win 3 trebles. They are now on course for a quadruple treble. And we have won %^*& all in nearly 10. Hang ur head in shame Murray this is all down 2 u!

The world we live in now.we still have not recovered from 2012 and we are still not anywhere near pre 2012 levels.in two seasons we went from being humiliated in Europe and ripped apart by Celtic to two very impressive European performances and three victories over the yahoos that to me is progress and a foundation to build on.
And there lies the problem ,we are still recovering from 2012,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back