If the season is null and avoid, are goal records null and void too?

MrBearightside

I see Harry Kane says the season should be null and void if it cannot be completed before June 30th.

Shearer scored 260 premier league goals. If the season gets cancelled will Kane's 11 goals this season be void? Imagine he finished his career on 250 premier goals.

If Vardy got his 'scored in 11 games in a row' record this season, would that also be void?

Thoughts?

I think goals records etc should stand. They still happened in a completed game.

I think if a game was abandoned half way you would lose any goals from that match, and that's the more relevant comparison to the league as it's incomplete.
Good shout.

Otherwise we are losing a great performance at C****c Park.

I think there might be an argument to say that if the season is voided, then although those games happened they can only be seen as "non-competitive".

Not sure if such goals and "results" count for that much in that case.

Unless of course you're CFC, in which case every goal you've scored counts, but NOT the ones that went against you ...

Goals and results will stand it will just be

2019/2020 * season not completed

Don't think you can just pick and choose. If the season is ended null and void (which it should be soon enough) then all matches played should be null and void as well. You can't just void certain bits to suit.

If the league table is struck from record, the matches played in it to date should be as well.

I think goals records etc should stand. They still happened in a completed game.

I think if a game was abandoned half way you would lose any goals from that match, and that's the more relevant comparison to the league as it's incomplete.
Cautions still count in abandoned games.

Don't think you can just pick and choose. If the season is ended null and void (which it should be soon enough) then all matches played should be null and void as well. You can't just void certain bits to suit.

If the league table is struck from record, the matches played in it to date should be as well.
Yep. I agree. Downside is the games are removed from any records.

Nil and void means just that. Forgotten, zilch, did not take place.
I don't think you can pick and choose to keep the bits we want. Think coefficient points go as well.
Nil and void is a drastic solution.
It is however the only solution.
World football bodies must show leadership as soon as possible.
People before profit.

Anything completed should stand

You either null and void a season or you don't. Only null and voiding certain parts of it isn't an option. This season becomes invalid and is removed from record. There'll be winners and there'll be losers but when you think hard about it, it is the only sensible course of action available.

You either null and void a season or you don't. Only null and voiding certain parts of it isn't an option. This season becomes invalid and is removed from record. There'll be winners and there'll be losers but when you think hard about it, it is the only sensible course of action available.

i’ll go with your version. Not only is their 9IAR gubbed we will also witness another meltdown when they take the League Cup off them.

I don't see any reason why the league needs to be declared "null and void" and believe it is a phrase being used by scaremongers working to an agenda and suggesting that it can't happen, otherwise huge pay-outs will be due to tv companies, fans who attended earlier games etc.

Why not officially declare it as "League abandoned, due to Coronavirus" or "League abandoned due to football being suspended by the SFA and trophy withheld".

There is a precedent for this in Season 1939/40, which is listed as "League abandoned due to outbreak of WWII". Incidentally, we were top of the league when that happened (albeit after only 5 games).

Using the above, all records etc still stand, as matches were played, but no awards were given, in relation to leagues/cups that were not completed.

Last edited:
Never mind whataboutery. The buzz word should be brassneckery, them bastards are without doubt the world champions - closely followed by Sinn Fein. Now I wonder why such organisations have so much in common?

i’ll go with your version. Not only is their 9IAR gubbed we will also witness another meltdown when they take the League Cup off them.

It would be funny but that won't happen. The League Cup finished and there was a winner, it won't be taken away. Even if the league is abandoned, there is a chance that they could complete the Scottish Cup.

It would be funny but that won't happen. The League Cup finished and there was a winner, it won't be taken away. Even if the league is abandoned, there is a chance that they could complete the Scottish Cup.

Stop being such a killjoy on Lockdown Monday:mad::D:D

I still don't see the season being nul and void. It looks like Italy are close to announcing Juventus champions. If they do that in one of the closest leagues in Europe, all other FA's will follow suit. Particularly EPL and SPFL who are desperate to award Liverpool and the scum.

Sorry but that could lead to an argument that scum have most points so should be champions.
Nil and void means exactly that. Everything is reset. As I said, we cannot put forward this argument but somehow keep the bits that suit us.

The mental gymnastics for some on here to say the league should be voided, but all our goals and good results should stillcount. You don’t get it two ways, if the league is voided, which it won’t be unless UEFA order it or almost every other league are doing it, then it’s as if it never happened. That includes our goals scored and co-efficient points gained, if you’re saying anything else, it’s not because you think this is the right thing to do, you want it because it hurts them and are just as bad as their lot who go on about being handed it.

If its null and void only the cups not won are scrapped and relegation avoided, thats it nothing else goals were scored matches were watched 8 games the fans lost money wise its nothing.

I see Harry Kane says the season should be null and void if it cannot be completed before June 30th.

Shearer scored 260 premier league goals. If the season gets cancelled will Kane's 11 goals this season be void? Imagine he finished his career on 250 premier goals.

If Vardy got his 'scored in 11 games in a row' record this season, would that also be void?

Thoughts?
I'd imagine so.

To the people saying the goals should stand but the season should be null and void.. How can that possibly work? It's either null and void and all goals are also no longer or the positions are declared as is and they stand. You simply cannot have both.

Null and void is hardly rocket science, it really does mean "null and void" its forgotten about, capoot, finito. No points, no goals, no games, no records, nothing to see, nothing to win, nothing to lose. Hope this clears null and void up.

aye ok mate, we should lose our record as the only team ever to get as far as we did in Europe because it never finished, games stand as they have been played league was just never finished there for no winner. tell me with hearts being bottom where would you place them for prize money if games were voided?

aye ok mate, we should lose our record as the only team ever to get as far as we did in Europe because it never finished, games stand as they have been played league was just never finished there for no winner. tell me with hearts being bottom where would you place them for prize money if games were voided?

bud that’s exactly what voiding the competition would do like it or not. Nobody would be happy losing a record or missing out on winning the league but if you void something all those things have to happen.

There's a bigger picture than Rangers getting to the last 16 of the Europa League mate

Prize money should be shared out based on the current league positions.

If you want the European run to stand as final then I presume you want the same to apply to the Domestic campaign and you'll be sending over your congratulations to the bheasts on their title win?

Or are you simply picking and choosing to suit?

Look up the meaning of null and void then come back to me. This season isn't going to be completed. If everything is voided (which it should be) then everything is voided. Not just certain parts of it.

There's a bigger picture than Rangers getting to the last 16 of the Europa League mate

Prize money should be shared out based on the current league positions.

If you want the European run to stand as final then I presume you want the same to apply to the Domestic campaign and you'll be sending over your congratulations to the bheasts on their title win?

Or are you simply picking and choosing to suit?

Look up the meaning of null and void then come back to me. This season isn't going to be completed. If everything is voided (which it should be) then everything is voided. Not just certain parts of it.

Would you then say that Hagi never played for us?

Hagi saying "Ibrox baby" should be forgotten too?

Wiped, gone, never happened?

Would you then say that Hagi never played for us?

Hagi saying "Ibrox baby" should be forgotten too?

Wiped, gone, never happened?

Yes that's the definition of null and void. You can't just pick and choose what you want to count and what you don't to suit.

The 19/20 season will be wiped from the record books.

Null and Void = not (legally) valid.

The alternative is to end the season as it is. Allow all team and players records to stand and count League positions as final. Celtic Champions, Hearts relegated, Dundee Utd up etc.

You can't just half void it!

Yes that's the definition of null and void. You can't just pick and choose what you want to count and what you don't to suit.

The 19/20 season will be wiped from the record books.

Null and Void = not (legally) valid.

The alternative is to end the season as it is. Allow all team and players records to stand and count League positions as final. Celtic Champions, Hearts relegated, Dundee Utd up etc.

You can't just half void it!

So if Suarez did his 'biting' 6 weeks ago, and he was banned from football for 2 years, should that be null and void too?

Back