If the window slammed shut?

If it's slamming shut for both teams then 100%.

Look at their bench on Sunday and look at our's last night.
They were at full strength and we still have McGregor and Defoe to add to our's.

We have by far the stronger depth and quality of squad now.
Interesting, I have considered them to have more depth. Going through it position by position,
  • GK - Tie
  • CB - Easy win for us here
  • RB - They win here, their backup is an established player who did well last season and ours is a youth player who is untested (though I personally have full confidence in him)
  • LB - In terms of depth they've probably got this one too, Bolignoli is 25 and did fine last season (though his future is now in question), Bassey is untried as of yet and only 20
  • CM - We play different formations so this one is hard, but you are comparing Davis, Arfield and Docherty to Ntcham , Bitton and Soro. I don't think there's much in that but I'd give them the edge
  • AM - Purely to allow for comparison we'll push Aribo into this position, that would make our current "backups" Roofe, Barker, Stewart, Jones. Theirs would be Johnston, Rogic, Shved, Henderson and wee Dembele. Considering Rogic and Shved aren't making the bench and Johnston has been injured for ages I am very surprised but we win this one
  • ST - Klimala and Griffiths vs Itten and Defoe. Considering Griffiths is the way he is and Roofe plays here too I am surprised to be awarding this one to us too.
So all that just to come to the conclusion that it appears I actually do agree with you. We could certainly do with upgrades in both centre mid and attacking midfield though.

They've only lost Forster, Simumovic and Bauer, if my memory serves me correct.

They've replaced Forster, probably don't think they need to replace Bauer (and I'd agree with them) , but they haven't replaced Simumovic.

They only currently have the 2 central defenders and neither impressed last Sunday, so they are light in there too.

This season will be very condensed and it'll be a tough ask for Brown and McGregor to play every weekend and midweek throughout.

Their squad is definitely light in a few areas and they have a fair bit of work to do in the transfer market.

Don’t disagree MU, but they will spend.

If we match their squad depth, we win 55.

Our best 11 are better, now we need to match
Their second string.

And I’ll meet you at George Square ;)

Yes im confident we will win the league , our defence is better , our forward line is better , their main CB is a big cart horse who has openly admitted he doesnt like playing against strikers who rough him up, would feel more confident with another right sided midfielder but if we were to go with what we have then im confident

Don’t disagree MU, but they will spend.

If we match their squad depth, we win 55.

Our best 11 are better, now we need to match
Their second string.

And I’ll meet you at George Square ;)

They will definitely strengthen mate, but that wasn't the OP.
It was more about the current squad.

See you there. ;)

Interesting, I have considered them to have more depth. Going through it position by position,
  • GK - Tie
  • CB - Easy win for us here
  • RB - They win here, their backup is an established player who did well last season and ours is a youth player who is untested (though I personally have full confidence in him)
  • LB - In terms of depth they've probably got this one too, Bolignoli is 25 and did fine last season (though his future is now in question), Bassey is untried as of yet and only 20
  • CM - We play different formations so this one is hard, but you are comparing Davis, Arfield and Docherty to Ntcham , Bitton and Soro. I don't think there's much in that but I'd give them the edge
  • AM - Purely to allow for comparison we'll push Aribo into this position, that would make our current "backups" Roofe, Barker, Stewart, Jones. Theirs would be Johnston, Rogic, Shved, Henderson and wee Dembele. Considering Rogic and Shved aren't making the bench and Johnston has been injured for ages I am very surprised but we win this one
  • ST - Klimala and Griffiths vs Itten and Defoe. Considering Griffiths is the way he is and Roofe plays here too I am surprised to be awarding this one to us too.
So all that just to come to the conclusion that it appears I actually do agree with you. We could certainly do with upgrades in both centre mid and attacking midfield though.

Agree with most of that mate.

I do think you're doing Arfield and Davis a serious injustice in the central midfield though.

Both of them are current international captains and have dominated the midfield in recent old firm matches.

Bollingoli will never play for them again either.

He will need replaced.

But surely they're doing all they can to ensure Celtic don't get 10 in a row??? I mean the harsh punishment of postponing 2 fixtures is surely proof that everyone is against Celtic...

I was genuinely baffled when I saw some of them complaining along these lines, must have completely forgotten January to July
Or the fact they haven't been punished by docking points for fielding a player not eligible by law to play

I do think you're doing Arfield and Davis a serious injustice in the central midfield though.

Both of them are current international captains and have dominated the midfield in recent old firm matches.

He will need replaced.
You’re probably right. Davis is another year older and Ntcham has done very well in this league. Soro is untried as of yet but from YouTube (yes I know) he actually looks like a big prospect. Here and now though you’re probably right.

And yes if Bolignoli doesn’t play for them again then they have big problems at left back.

He will need replaced.

I think he’ll use Davis especially quite sparingly mate.

Wonderful footballer but we saw the impact of a heavy season on him last season if he’s not rotated enough. Even in his first spell with the club two games a week all season pushed him to the limits on occasion.

As most people have stated we are one big aggressive box to box midfielder from winning the league. Kamara and jack whilst tidy on the ball aren’t offensive enough when your playing against teams who are parking the bus

I think he’ll use Davis especially quite sparingly mate.

Wonderful footballer but we saw the impact of a heavy season on him last season if he’s not rotated enough. Even in his first spell with the club two games a week all season pushed him to the limits on occasion.

I agree Grigo.

Thought he looked lively enough when he came on last night.

Gerrard was very complimentary of both him and Arfield.

Kamara and jack whilst tidy on the ball aren’t offensive enough when your playing against teams who are parking the bus
Looks over to @MearnsUnionist
giphy.gif

Don’t be surprised if we sign Bradley dack from Blackburn, know he’s not fully recovered from injury but there’s been contact made and he’s also in Glasgow just now

This team plays some good football but can be a bit brittle under pressure and too often slows down the tempo too much which plays into the hands of those teams which defend deep. We need a real bully who can take a game by the throat and (1) kick ars* in our team when we start to f*rt about and (2) sort out the bullies in the opposition. Preferably a mid-fielder.

Defo not made up, think it’s a weird one with him not recovered from his injury yet but I think he’s going into his last year of contract so might get good value on him
Would definitely take him on a bosman but I’d imagine some higher end Championship or lower end EPL team would take a punt on him

Right now we’re better on paper by a distance imo,but the fact is the window has a while to go.
If we get a Skov Olsen type and a discount Fabinho type in,I actually don’t think they’ll be able to stop us however if the players play anything like they can.

The DM is key for me though.

With me it's a fear of getting my hopes up as usual, mate. This time, i think you are correct though
I understand that and u feel the same but God our midfield is better than all these other teams we drop points against, its a mental thing with us.

Back