If they go 9 points behind us on Sunday

Almost now at the point of the season where their results are irrelevant.

I can see them drawing at best on Sunday.

Not been known for being a panty wetter but I'm just hoping we can use their run of form as a means of motivation to improve ours.

That's what we done well last season. Ignored any other noise and just focussed on winning the next game. We've been far from good enough so far and seeing that we're 6 clear of them is both pleasant and a slight frustration when you look at the Dundee United and Motherwell games as 5 points dropped. It could have been 11!

Hibs is a massive game, I'm choosing to be optimistic them dropping points in the early kick off gives us a shot to the arm to go on and beat Hibs and really start to up the intensity and the gears.

And if the fans on follow follow use 10% of their concentration to laugh at Celtic, what happens?

A. %^*& all
B. Sweet nothing
C. Nada
D. ???
we're back to the nonsense of last season again 'let's concentrate on us', 'jinx' etc soon someone will hit us with the jackpot 'one game at a time'.

We can forget the sheep taking anything they are worse than awful and haven’t won in 8 games , when do they ever take a beam off that job happy to lie down and grunt sadly , focus on our game collect 3 points and burst hibs bubble I say

Celtic never won both their games up there last season, 2 draws. The only side Livingston have beat this season is Celtic, they are there for the taking for anyone that fancies it, especially away from home.

Already looking forward to Sunday but if they drop points first then the buzz will be even better.

We had some really good games against Hibs at Ibrox under Warburton and this could be up there for atmosphere.

we're back to the nonsense of last season again 'let's concentrate on us', 'jinx' etc soon someone will hit us with the jackpot 'one game at a time'.
Yep. Last year demonstrated comprehensively, for those who needed it, that all that is bs

The filth will get their first win away since February and broonaldo will shit the bed.

I would assume Kennedy/Strachan would take over as I can't imagine too many people would want to go to Parkhead at this time.

Hibs is going to be a tricky one, though. There's a possibility the yahoos could have reduced the gap by the end of Sunday.
Completely agree mate. The way we have been scraping results recently doesn't fill me with confidence against the team currently sitting second. If the scum drop points it's a bonus but we just need to focus on one thing, beating Hibs.

Big weekend coming up.

Hiibs won't be an easy game.

The points swing could be massive.. perfect scenario we go 9 points ahead of the beasts.. worst case they bring it back down to 3.

They play first so a chance for them to put some pressure on us before we kick off.

At the same time if they slip up at Pittodrie we have a great chance to pull further ahead so early in the season.

As long as we win I'll have no complaints.

I think we are getting way ahead of ourselves here particularly with the way we are playing
They have an easier game against the sheep than we do against the spoon burners so it could easily be three points and then this board will go into melt down
7 or 8 games into a season and even if it did got to 9 points means very little I still remember super ally having us 19 clear and still lost the league
We should just concentrate on ourselves and not get carried away with how poor they are

Almost now at the point of the season where their results are irrelevant.

I can see them drawing at best on Sunday.

Not been known for being a panty wetter but I'm just hoping we can use their run of form as a means of motivation to improve ours.

That's what we done well last season. Ignored any other noise and just focussed on winning the next game. We've been far from good enough so far and seeing that we're 6 clear of them is both pleasant and a slight frustration when you look at the Dundee United and Motherwell games as 5 points dropped. It could have been 11!

Hibs is a massive game, I'm choosing to be optimistic them dropping points in the early kick off gives us a shot to the arm to go on and beat Hibs and really start to up the intensity and the gears.
Imagine us being 11 points ahead of them already- seven games in!!!
The gallowgate would look like a post apocalyptic wasteland (I know) with deranged declans wondering the streets while bernadettes cower in the rubble , fearful of another beating from their husband/brother/ son. Barriers strewn across the landscape and 'lenny' emerging from the smoke, burping something about thunder while downing another can.
Scenes

I think we are getting way ahead of ourselves here particularly with the way we are playing
They have an easier game against the sheep than we do against the spoon burners so it could easily be three points and then this board will go into melt down
7 or 8 games into a season and even if it did got to 9 points means very little I still remember super ally having us 19 clear and still lost the league
We should just concentrate on ourselves and not get carried away with how poor they are
Why?

Who stole your scone. ? IM Jolly. ? lol

Its only a positive thread with the possibility of good times on Sunday if things go our way. Have a laugh sometimes, mate.

That was then....this is now, we are a different animal now.

It’s a big if. Would not be overly surprised if they failed to win, but we have hardly kicked a ball this season. We need to up our game against a confident Hibs. Would be funny though If it happened.

Too many on here starting to post like that lot !

Let's not start counting chickens etc - this "9 points gap" can just as easily be 3 point gap and also find us 2 points behind the leaders !

More than likely we go into Sundays game v's the hiv's not top of the league as expect hearts to do a number on murderwell.

To go 9, or 8, points clear of them would be magnificent, but let's concentrate on only one thing - turning Hibs over, which won't be easy.

He’s doing a great job getting them to the level they should be at. He’ll need the season though to get them to finish ninth.

"Bluesquare 10" made a perfectly rational opinion, well stated.
I think you're just looking for an argument.
"We should just concentrate on ourselves and not get carried away with how poor they are"

I stand by this is a meaningless comment, opinion, perspective on a fans messageboard

I was gonna leave it there today after @artificialintoleranz fair post to me in the other thread. But as you quoted me directly I replied.

"We should just concentrate on ourselves and not get carried away with how poor they are"

I stand by this is a meaningless comment, opinion, perspective on a fans messageboard

I was gonna leave it there today after @artificialintoleranz fair post to me in the other thread. But as you quoted me directly I replied.
Ah fark, now I'm feeling guilty.

Go for it @Tailwind, let rip and give them hell! ;) :D

I’ll be interested to see how broon plays against them. There’s not much left of the team he played with and you’d think he’ll want to put in a performance.

I’ll be interested to see how broon plays against them. There’s not much left of the team he played with and you’d think he’ll want to put in a performance.
Agree. I just think he's always been a limited footballer.

Like a Savage at Leicester, run around fouling people while the real footballers on your team damage the opposition. Aided by being almost uncardable

Like a Savage at Leicester, run around fouling people while the real footballers on your team damage the opposition. Aided by being almost uncardable
He doesn’t have the football intelligence the likes of Davis has to be able to change his game to be less physically demanding while still controlling a game. His game was kicking people and staring at them. When he can’t get close enough to kick he’s done and people laugh at the glaikit stare.

There's a fair number of complete mentalists on the board today.

Sorry to piss on your chips lads but neither you nor I actually play for Rangers. We don't have to focus only upon ourselves or the next game. It won't affect the team.

I can also handle more than one thought at a time and find it perfectly easy to know we are underperforming and that they are total shite. One does not affect the other. Speculation can be fun.

Try enjoying yourselves, you might like it.

Folk get a bit carried away on here sometimes. I’m guilty of it as well.
The season is still young and we will face serious competition (from Hibs and Hearts) for the CL pot of gold at the end of the year.

In all seriousness, if they could sort that defence and stop leaking goals every game then they’re actually decent. BUT his philosophy is leaving them wide open. I watched the second half against Dundee United and the DU players were playing passes about in the Celtic half under no pressure and if they were better could have got a couple of goals. But the flip side is Celtic looked dangerous at the other end as well. They’ll drop more points for sure. My worry is that we are still stuttering along, if we can click and get moving properly this could be out of sight by new year again.

If Broonaldo had signed for us then Walter would have been able to make something of him, especially because he played the best football of his career at Hibs alongside Kevin Thomson. I'm sure his meaningless trinkets will keep him warm at night, the sell out.

Folk get a bit carried away on here sometimes. I’m guilty of it as well.
The season is still young and we will face serious competition (from Hibs and Hearts) for the CL pot of gold at the end of the year.

In all seriousness, if they could sort that defence and stop leaking goals every game then they’re actually decent. BUT his philosophy is leaving them wide open. I watched the second half against Dundee United and the DU players were playing passes about in the Celtic half under no pressure and if they were better could have got a couple of goals. But the flip side is Celtic looked dangerous at the other end as well. They’ll drop more points for sure. My worry is that we are still stuttering along, if we can click and get moving properly this could be out of sight by new year again.
No we won't. Hibs and Hearts will be a minimum of 20 points behind us in May, more likely to be 30, like they are in almost every other top flight season.

Back