If they go 9 points behind us on Sunday

Wonder what the odds are on him being sent off.

I think we just need to concentrate on the task in hand against Hibs and if by some miracle Aberdeen turn up against them it’s a bonus.
And if you don't concentrate on Hibs, how will that impact Rangers?

Let’s get Hibs beaten first and then look at their results.

Back to Ange, they offered him a contract and the very least they should do is honour it. And if they want to progress with the full-on angeball revolution that they all love so much, then maybe offer him an extension before someone else snaps him up.
They play 3 hours before us

Their fans still weirdly love him.

He'll be there for a while yet, but I still expect to see Clarke in the role by the end of the season.

As much as I would love to see the sheep beat them, I just don't believe they have it in them. How many times over the years have they been there for the taking and opposition managers are too afraid to go for it? The mentality of the majority of teams and their managers is negative, fear based tactics. The sheep will continue with this attitude.

There's no guarantees they will win mate.

Both of them are pish, but Celtic's away record is worse than Aberdeen's home record.

With Celtic's injuries piling up too, plus probably coming off the back of a doing on Thursday night, even the sheep will fancy their chances.
I'm all for optimism when it comes to the filths misery, but I think Aberdeen taking anything from them is pie in the sky. I watched the second half v Dundee Utd as I saw they were drawing and they did create a lot of good chances that on another day could easily have been converted, probably resulting in a good win for them. Aunty had baws material I guess, but I just think they'll have too much for Aberdeen.

I did say on the SSB thread that if they DO drop points against them, considering how abject shite Aberdeen are, that could be the catalyst for Sharknado 2 so I would be more than happy if my pessimism is unfounded! B-D

Don’t forget the Sheep badly need to turn it around as well. Two poor teams scrapping it out has a draw written all over it. We just concentrate on our business and smash hibs.

We just need to focus on beating Hibs, This is going to be a tricky match. IMO Hibs are the in form team this season.
Thread full of Uri Gellers I think

If they concentrate hard enough, they can levitate the ball into the Hibs net. But that concentration has to start 100+ hours before the match. And if they use even 1% of their concentration on other football games, even on the Tuesday before the Sunday match, their special Uri Geller powers will fail them and they won’t be able to imagine the ball into the Hibs net.

And if you don't concentrate on Hibs, how will that impact Rangers?
Don’t think I’m the first person or will be the last to use the term ‘we’ for the club I support ie the players staff etc need to not worry about the other result.

I suspect you knew that though.

Don’t think I’m the first person or will be the last to use the term ‘we’ for the club I support ie the players staff etc need to not worry about the other result.

I suspect you knew that though.
Which seems irrelevant to this thread then, as ’we’: the players staff etc, are not on this thread.

Did the killjoys not learn last year this is all a load of bollocks.
Stop trying to stop people discussing football on a football forum.

I'm all for optimism when it comes to the filths misery, but I think Aberdeen taking anything from them is pie in the sky. I watched the second half v Dundee Utd as I saw they were drawing and they did create a lot of good chances that on another day could easily have been converted, probably resulting in a good win for them. Aunty had baws material I guess, but I just think they'll have too much for Aberdeen.

I did say on the SSB thread that if they DO drop points against them, considering how abject shite Aberdeen are, that could be the catalyst for Sharknado 2 so I would be more than happy if my pessimism is unfounded! B-D

Aberdeen just need to look at what Hearts and bottom of the league Livingston have already done to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which seems irrelevant to this thread then, as ’we’: the players staff etc, are not on this thread.

Did the killjoys not learn last year this is all a load of bollocks.
Stop trying to stop people discussing football on a football forum.

I made a footballing point regarding Scott Brown in the same post you picked up on.

Another football opinion was expressed that I don’t anticipate Aberdeen getting a result against them.

You seem to be the only one on this thread picking up on the way people post ironically.

I saw the scum game too mate and I agree that they did create a good few chances.
However, when you consider the key players Dundee United had missing (they'd a 16 year old playing in central defence) you wouldn't expect anything else.

However on Sunday they are away from home and are far more vulnerable on their travels, than they are at the piggery.

Aberdeen just need to look at what Hearts and bottom of the league Livingston have already done to them.
Oh I totally agree their away form is abysmal, especially with their injuries as you say, but this is Aberdeen we're talking about. They're really bad the now and with their past proclivities for them being happy to have their bellies tickled by the the filth, I just can't see it.

It's there if they want it though, no question. Needless to say, I hope you're right mate!

I saw the scum game too mate and I agree that they did create a good few chances.
However, when you consider the key players Dundee United had missing (they'd a 16 year old playing in central defence) you wouldn't expect anything else.

However on Sunday they are away from home and are far more vulnerable on their travels, than they are at the piggery.

16 year old CB

Christ, that wasn’t really mentioned

I made a footballing point regarding Scott Brown in the same post you picked up on.

Another football opinion was expressed that I don’t anticipate Aberdeen getting a result against them.

You seem to be the only one on this thread picking up on the way people post ironically.
I agree, I don’t think Aberdeen will get something this weekend.

There’s a whole army of bores who spent all last season preaching one game a time to the fans and arguing vociferously that what “Blueger1872” posts on FF about Celtic’s next match will have any meaningful impact on our match, theirs, or the league title. It was terrifically boring. And despite all of last season proving their argument was dumb as shit (which shouldn’t need proving) they are at it again this year.

If I have unfairly lumped you in with them, I apologise. But they are tedious. If they don’t like the thread, F off to a different one.

There is absolutely zero harm, zero, in people discussing the potential ramifications of Celtic continuing their poor form.

No matter how bad they are, I can't see Aberdeen beating them..... I hope like most of my football betting predictions I am wrong. I'd just like to see us hit top gear. Hibs and hearts next at home ! Couldn't be more of a perfect scenario. 1 nil wins would do but hope we smash them both!

The pleasing thing is that either Aberdeen or Celtic support are really going to have the pitchforks out. As long as we take care of our own business, it will be marvelous viewing watching either of them implode.

We’ll be coming off a hard European game and playing 2nd best team in the league, not a given!
yes they are in same boat but they’re playing a team on the down a team that never try against them.
This really could be a big big weekend coming up let’s hope it falls into our favour.

I agree, I don’t think Aberdeen will get something this weekend.

There’s a whole army of bores who spent all last season preaching one game a time to the fans and arguing vociferously that what “Blueger1872” posts on FF about Celtic’s next match will have any meaningful impact on our match, theirs, or the league title. It was terrifically boring. And despite all of last season proving their argument was dumb as shit (which shouldn’t need proving) they are at it again this year.

If I have unfairly lumped you in with them, I apologise. But they are tedious. If they don’t like the thread, F off to a different one.

There is absolutely zero harm, zero, in people discussing the potential ramifications of Celtic continuing their poor form.
Yeah I’d probably more excited if it wasn’t Aberdeen. Just the form they are in and the fact they traditionally only turn up against us as it’s their biggest game of the season. They are woeful too though and hopefully it’ll be on the back of a tanking by Leverkusen.

I take your point though and all want the same time outcome on Sunday.

The great thing for us is we’re sitting at the top without really playing a full 90 mins well yet. I also think playing Hibs will suit us as they’re more likely to try and play forward which will hopefully mean we can cut them open.

We’ll be coming off a hard European game and playing 2nd best team in the league, not a given!
yes they are in same boat but they’re playing a team on the down a team that never try against them.
This really could be a big big weekend coming up let’s hope it falls into our favour.
They drew twice against them last season

Watched Aberdeen’s game against st mirren and the game changed on the red, Aberdeen we’re winning that all day until the sending off and people saying Celtic will win easily haven’t been paying close attention Celtic rely on a 19 year old from Israel and a Portuguese 21 year old who hasn’t play a season in men’s football and with there injury concerns on top of a 12 o’clock kick off after a bum skudding of Leverkusen Aberdeen will fancy getting something coupled with Celtic’s away form

With them having an early kick off on Sunday - we will know before our game kicks off if the points gap can be increased

Yeah I’d probably more excited if it wasn’t Aberdeen. Just the form they are in and the fact they traditionally only turn up against us as it’s their biggest game of the season. They are woeful too though and hopefully it’ll be on the back of a tanking by Leverkusen.

I take your point though and all want the same time outcome on Sunday.

The great thing for us is we’re sitting at the top without really playing a full 90 mins well yet. I also think playing Hibs will suit us as they’re more likely to try and play forward which will hopefully mean we can cut them open.
As you say, Hibs won’t play a back 10 so their should be spaces and opportunity to play real football. No better opportunity to go and show what we can really do.

I hope Ange stays.

One thing we need to remember is that Lennon had some credit in the bank with fans and the board. Ange doesn’t have that and if they fall 9 points behind us after only 8 games, the only thing stopping them from binning him will be the cost of replacing him.

Thanks for the info, genuinely don’t usually know when they’re playing - unless it’s been mentioned on here. By no means trying to sound uber-staunch but only concerned with Rangers tbh
Fair enough. Just the realities of Scottish football. Two things needs to happen for us to win the title. Rangers get a good result and Celtic don’t. So I will usually keep an eye on what they have next. Glad I did for the DU game. Enjoyed following that one, albeit on flashscore for most of the game

We really need to focus on the task in hand and let them worry about their own failings.
This.

Stop focussing on them and what they do, it would be a miracle if the sheep took anything against them they are celtics bitches, we all have to concentrate on our own game our own performance and play and not be distracted. The minute you take your eye off the ball is when you get stung and hibs are flying , having said that I believe we can take 3 points on Sunday if we approach it like the OF game and I think we will at a packed Ibrox crowd full on for 90 mins 2-1 to us Morelos and Hagi

Ideal scenario is a Sheep win, a St Mirren win and a Rangers win. They would be eighth and closer to the bottom than the top.

That said, our form is rank at the moment, but maybe an open game vs Hibs is exactly what we need.

Ideal scenario is a Sheep win, a St Mirren win and a Rangers win. They would be eighth and closer to the bottom than the top.

That said, our form is rank at the moment, but maybe an open game vs Hibs is exactly what we need.
We can forget the sheep taking anything they are worse than awful and haven’t won in 8 games , when do they ever take a beam off that job happy to lie down and grunt sadly , focus on our game collect 3 points and burst hibs bubble I say

As much as I would love to see the sheep beat them, I just don't believe they have it in them. How many times over the years have they been there for the taking and opposition managers are too afraid to go for it? The mentality of the majority of teams and their managers is negative, fear based tactics. The sheep will continue with this attitude.
What about the 3-3 last year when Aberdeen we’re gonna turn over

Its the obsession with them that gets me more than anything from some.

I don't mean the OP i mean folk that are banging on to others who are more focused on us winning our games (given our start).

If they do go and drop points, great, but my god folk will actually just ignore what we are doing to have a go at others that can see we are 7 games in and staying grounded.

On the note of the thread IF they do go 9 points behind and we don't change our form I think the same concerns will remain for most over what we are doing, regardless of what happens with that lot.
Folk who watch them will be able to assess how bad they are but for many they will ignore them and see how we progress over the coming weeks.

Take care of our own business and find form before worrying about any potential comedy from them.

We do our thing and nothing they do or don’t do matters

"Stop focussing on them and what they do,"

Why? What will happen if we dont?

"it would be a miracle if the sheep took anything against them they are celtics bitches, "

Like the 2 home draws Aberdeen got last year?

"we all have to concentrate on our own game our own performance and play and not be distracted."

No we don't, this is a meaningless cry that has no basis in logic.

"The minute you take your eye off the ball is when you get stung"

You are confusing the follow follow members with the Rangers playing and coaching staff

"and hibs are flying"

I thought so too. Those who have watched them say they are poor and have been lucky to squeak a couple of draws and a win with a dodgy pen.

We can forget the sheep taking anything they are worse than awful and haven’t won in 8 games , when do they ever take a beam off that job happy to lie down and grunt sadly , focus on our game collect 3 points and burst hibs bubble I say
What happens if you or I or tagsbear don't focus on our game?

I give you a clue. Starts with "n" and ends in "uffin"

Take care of our own business and find form before worrying about any potential comedy from them.

We do our thing and nothing they do or don’t do matters
They play first
I could laugh at them and then watch us.

Because what I or you or anyone else does on this forum has nothing to do with what happens on the park on Sunday.

Back