If we beat the Germans.

I think it'll be very tight over the two legs. We're a tough nut to crack for anyone but we are massive underdogs for this one, thats just the reality, but we also rightly dont fear anyone either. Losing to Leverkusen is no disgrace in any way. They are a genuinely top team. Getting to the last 16 was beyond almost anyone's wildest expectations this season. Beating a team of Leverkusen's calibre would not have been on anyones radar and would be a crowning moment for the team.

IF, and its a massive IF, we put them out, then i will start believing we can at least equal 2008. They are, at worst, the 2nd or 3rd best team left in this competition, and quite possibly the best.

We have the top scorer in the competition, who's going to hit form again very shortly. I think Morelos will show his class and blast us into the next round.

At this point I'm just disappointed we won't get the chance to retain it.

The Champions League place will soften the blow.

I was day dreaming at work today and worked out a scenario where we win the Europa league

Automatic qualification for CL finnish 3rd in group and drop into Europa and retain it :)

Don't be fooled by the odds given , Man utd are favourites, & we are well organised to beat anybody over 2 legs , let's avoid inter & Sevilla, let Man utd deal with them , then in a one off final anything can happen , as big Marv said BELIEVE

I hadn’t heard much of LASK to be honest, looked them up and their pedigree is good. Teams won’t fancy us either though

LASK are quality. Theyve been severely underestimated so far and it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if they put Man United out.

We wouldn’t be favourites in any of those hypothetical last 8 ties mate, other than maybe Copenhagen.

Maybe so, but if we put out leverkusen and then drew Copenhagen or possibly Shaktar, I could see us being favourites based on what we've continued to achieve in the tournament.

We've become very hard to ignore as a threat.

LASK are quality. Theyve been severely underestimated so far and it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if they put Man United out.

really? I’d honestly never heard of them. I’m not a massive beacon of knowledge of European teams but guessing their rise is fairly recent?

really? I’d honestly never heard of them. I’m not a massive beacon of knowledge of European teams but guessing their rise is fairly recent?

1st in Austrian League with a comfortable lead over Red Bull Salzburg who are a quality outfit. Finished 2nd behind them last season. They are basically a very efficient, well organised side who play in a tiny stadium with mainly domestic (Austrian) players. They are a small side even by Austrian standards and got back to back promotions fairly recently i believe.

In the Europa League this seasons they've only lost 1 game against Sporting Lisbon, topping a group with them, PSV and Rosenborg, and knocked out AZ Alkmaar comfortably.

In saying that, if we were both to progress to the next round they'd be one of my ideal picks alongside the winner of Istanbul v Copenhagen or Shakhtar v Wolfsburg.

You should realise though, that if we win the Europa League, Gerrard will overnight start interesting PL clubs. Remember, both Steve McLaren and Roy Hodgson got the England job off the back of reaching the UEFA Cup final.
Hopefully we don't do too well then as we want to keep Stevie G under the radar,FFS :) :)

Didn't know that.

They aren't though at all. Its pish. They are about 4th or 5th Favourites.

Also they ain't a Barcelona, Juventus or a Liverpool the way people are making out.

Yes a slight step up again from Braga but they are Far from unbeatable.

Get the result like Bremen at Ibrox and a clean sheet at least I'd fancy us over there scoring.

Leverkusen are a world class team. That being said we defied odds by beating Porto at home and Braga away and they have similar terms of quality.

Leverkusen’s main striker is also injured but we really need to watch out for Havertz. Quite possibly one of the best players in the Bundesliga and is only 20.

In the event we do not progress the players deserve our support for such a great run. In the event we managed to knock Leverkusen out we could have a decent chance of making it to the final as confidence would be high.

It feels a bit like 2008 for me but a bad result tomorrow night and this place will be unreal!
We are so much better when teams attack us , just wish we could take our euro form into league

You should realise though, that if we win the Europa League, Gerrard will overnight start interesting PL clubs. Remember, both Steve McLaren and Roy Hodgson got the England job off the back of reaching the UEFA Cup final.
Ffs...away and boil yer heid within pish mate

No reason why we can’t progress to the quarters.
Not being over confident but European competition just seems to bring out the best in us this season.

This is a massive test for us, we have to be very disciplined at Ibrox and try not to give an them an away goal or limit them to one.
I fancy us to score at least one in Germany which could take us through on away goals.
It’s going to be a hard ask but we could it.
We seem better suited to European football.

By this stage there are no poor teams left, if one team underestimates another or doesn't turn up on the night then they'll be punished. We are capable of beating Leverkusen, but it's going to take everything we've got.
This all day long. On any given day, it has been proven that any professional team can beat any other professional team.

The better teams that try and play football allow Gerrard and his team to play the tactics they want and know. On our day I think we are capable of beating anyone, but it’s a tough ask. The staff obviously study everything and have very precise instructions for the players, but the first hour against Braga shows it can go wrong sometimes, and it was almost too far gone to recover. Leverkusen won’t allow us to recover from being 2-0 down.

1st in Austrian League with a comfortable lead over Red Bull Salzburg who are a quality outfit. Finished 2nd behind them last season. They are basically a very efficient, well organised side who play in a tiny stadium with mainly domestic (Austrian) players. They are a small side even by Austrian standards and got back to back promotions fairly recently i believe.

In the Europa League this seasons they've only lost 1 game against Sporting Lisbon, topping a group with them, PSV and Rosenborg, and knocked out AZ Alkmaar comfortably.

In saying that, if we were both to progress to the next round they'd be one of my ideal picks alongside the winner of Istanbul v Copenhagen or Shakhtar v Wolfsburg.

Sounds like a team on the rise. I always felt Salzburg would be a tough tie but your right theirs no poor teams left. Think Wolfsburg would be tricky. Shakhtar would be great but not such a good away trip!

Two world wars and one Europa League last 16 tie!
KolVzv8.gif

:))

We play better against the football teams of Europe but struggle against the hammer throwers and absolute hatred of Scotland. The sooner we join the English league the better.

Inter Milan v Rangers, Europa League Final, May 2020. Now that is a match that would have the great unwashed touching cloth.

Beat them and no one will want us in quarters

We’ve done amazing so far in EL

Players have over achieved and hope we can go through to the next stage

Reckoning Leverkusen will be more concerned about us than we are of them. After all there expected to be there or there abouts, whereas we should of went out ages ago(if you listened to some folk).

Our style is suited to European games where the teams actually try and play football.

This allows us to counter attack

I always like ties against German teams as they are never defensive sides.

It'll be a great challenge, but one we can overcome with Top displays and hopefully Alfie back on form

Hope they’re another attacking team who play high defensive line. That would play into our hands.

Beat Leverkusen and I'll be dreaming of a manchesteresque final again, They are the best team left in the tournament

Effectively we need Leverkusen to field an illegible player against us for us to win that tie.
Look at how Bayern Munich dismantled Chelsea very recently. They took Chelsea apart like a surgeon cutting out a tumour.

Back