If we beat them at Ibrox

tomvallance1983

If we beat Celtic at Ibrox next game. It gives them something to think about (again) their fans start getting frustrated, reduces the gap to 4 points, puts a bit of pressure on them. They drop points in one game outside of the next one at Parkhead it’s game on again.

Looked like the sheep might take a point from them until the 81st. You just never know.

It’s unlikely but then again so was Scott McDonald scoring 2 against them on helicopter Sunday

Back the team and don’t give up

If we beat Celtic at Ibrox next game. It gives them something to think about (again) their fans start getting frustrated, reduces the gap to 4 points, puts a bit of pressure on them. They drop points in one game outside of the next one at Parkhead it’s game on again.

Looked like the sheep might take a point from them until the 81st. You just never know.

It’s unlikely but then again so was Scott McDonald scoring 2 against them on helicopter Sunday

Back the team and don’t give up
Mate we need to beat st johnstone next week 1st..

We got a.couple of games before the OF, so let's.just get over those hurdles first before we look at the game against them, one game at a time OP.

In the current climate there's not a mission we get a fair crack at the league towards the end of any season.
Only way we're winning the league again is by having a double figure lead over them.
We need to start winning cup final's to put pressure on them.

They will have dropped 2 points by then. We could reduce it to two points then it is game on, however we need to concentrate on winning the next league game and if we did reduce it to 2 points don’t go fucking it up again! It’s one thing beating them, it’s another to lead the table. We need to learn how to be top and stay top!

The wont drop any points outside any we take of them. Teams just don't play as well against them as they do us look at Hearts Sheep and now Killie today put so much effort in against us they lose their next games.

We can't look that far ahead tbh OP. We just need to concentrate on winning by hook or crook, and see where we are come the next OF game.

We are in a rut right now of our own making. They have managed to ensure they get the points even when playing poorly. They have had a couple of handers to do so I will admit, but they've done it.

It’s game on if we don’t drop anymore points till then.

Last edited:
The wont drop any points outside any we take of them. Teams just don't play as well against them as they do us look at Hearts Sheep and now Killie today put so much effort in against us they lose their next games.

They were lucky today,have got euro games coming up
Hibs and Livi away it’s a long way from done.

We have been stinking and today was another day we managed to get across the finish line.

Livi hit the post late on and the result could have been different.

If and it's a big if we regain form then we will take the game to them. If we play like we have been we will be lucky to get a draw.

I think we’ll be fine in the Old Firm games.

It’s the other domestic games that I worry about and that I have little confidence in us negotiating without dropping further points.

Could see us beating then twice but we will drop more points against the dross

Nice sentiment but it seems it's one day- not even one game - at a time just now.

I think we’ll be fine in the Old Firm games.

It’s the other domestic games that I worry about and that I have little confidence in us negotiating without dropping further points.

Agree with this. We seem to have found a way to play against them and dominate them. need to find a different way against the rest

They will drop points at some point soon, it just looks like we will as well!

We are scraping through games, unless something changes seriously with our form theres no chance we are beating them twice and then beating everyone else, that's fantasy shit.

We had to come back after the winter break as strong as before we left for it, unfortunately the team completely buckled.

The results they are getting, it’s going to pretty much take us winning out the rest of the season to win the league. They simply won’t drop many, if any, outside our games with them. We haven’t won anymore than six in a row under Gerrard in the league.

If they had beaten us on the 29th they would currently be on a 19 game league win streak. As it is it was an eleven game, one defeat and they are back on a seven game win streak.

Last edited:
I think we'll win our game in hand and beat them twice. Unfortunately, we are very likely to drop too many other points in between

if us beating them reduces their lead to say 15 or 16 points im sure they will be able to live with that,its ourselves that in all probability will be shipping points in the game running up to playing them

Said Motherwell was our chance of them dropping points. They pumped them.

We were cheated at Killie after leading.

Aberdeen in those conditions was always gonna be awkward. They still dig out the win with two shocking decisions on their favour.

They'll absolutely rape Killie on Sunday whilst we need to beat St Johnstone.

The next chance of anything is Livi away on 4th March same night we are at home to Hamilton.

If they did then and we beat them assuming we win at St Johnstone and Ross County then Easter Road after they've played Us could be interesting indeed. They have struggled there last couple of seasons.

In our current form can you honestly see us going on a run till end of season.
Again when we come back from break we haven't performed and it's worrying.

In our current form can you honestly see us going on a run till end of season.
Again when we come back from break we haven't performed and it's worrying.
I guess there are questions to be asked about what happens in/after the break. Do we overtrain? Is there fatigue? Is that down to lack of squad depth? Is it a mental problem? Both times we've been considered to be in a real title race and have immediately collapsed. I think some of our best form came when we rotated quite a bit, and that stopped as the pressure increased.

As others have noted the 10 (possibly 7) point gap is not the issue, if we were playing as well as we were before the break I would be confident of getting that back but our current form is just dire.

It’s not the form of a team that wins the league.

After December, Easter Road and Parkhead in particular it’s just soul destroying to watch and the next month will be even tougher to watch - they will pick away while we will be one last minute equaliser away from meltdown.

A lot can change very quickly in football but Ive seen this movie before.

they will drop. It’s just a matter of time. Hopefully we sort out our play to take advantage.
Teams take the week off when playing them. They accept that they have no chance of points. Teams believe they can beat us, or at least draw. I think they could realistically go the rest of the season dripping no points against the other teams.

The old adage "one game at a time" is the best way forward, and, saying that, we really cannot afford to drop any more points, a tough ask for us on current form though.

But, as big Marv said back in '05, keep believing.

It looks to me as if the players have chucked it before the rest of the fans have

the attitude shown has been pretty poor

definitely something missing from them

Back