If we buy Hagi for €5m.

The way he put the team on his back last night, outstanding, he kept trying some stuff and it wasn’t coming off but last half an hour it started to come off. That’s a winners mentality

Big occasion, odds stacked against us and this 21 year old Romanian kid who’s only been in the door 5 minutes drags the entire team and support back in it and on to victory.

I’d pay the €5m today.
Hundred times this. Character like he showed last night even hints of future Captain material.

I agree with OP...play the kid as a number 10 with 2 holders behind him. Get Kent to hug the touch line & see if we can get him back up a few levels.

I agree he has to be played centrally just off the striker. It reminds me of Thomas Buffel who was a real threat playing central as a 10 but was a passenger if played anywhere else.

To do as you said takes big balls.

This boy is blessed with them.
He wasn’t particularly playing that well in the first half but crucially he never let it bring him down and destroy his confidence.
That is why we need to sign him, that is a winners mentality.
Seems like a very low risk investment, if he maintains that form we'd make at least 5 times that amount if we chose to sell after a season or 2.

We'll make more than that in the sell on clause we put in any future sale of him never mind the actual fee it's self.

It's a no brainer for me to buy him

Looks like a steal of we’ve agreed that. Hope the pound continues to rise against the Euro and we’ll get him even cheaper.

Thought he'd be a luxury type of player that doesn't do much defensively as he's in the playmaker role but last night he was digging deep and even won the ball brilliantly at the edge of our box to launch a counter.

2 footed, not scared to track back, can hit free kicks and corners (he's scored directly from corners before), was a captain for his Romanian club team and brings a big name with him. What's not to like at €5million?

I really wonder why Genk have loaned us with the option to buy, why are they not all over him??

A fair few posters who have been doing a huge amount of whingeing recently about the manager have delusions, without Stevie G do you think we would have Hagi or Aribo

Or Kent for that matter, young guys with their whole career in front of them. With good coaching and good management they can all go on to better things

Back