If we get Kent signed is that us finished with incomings

Would hope we could shift a few on but more likely loan deals and payoffs as per with us. Another lb also if we sell barasic

Would like to see Kent back - he’s gutsy and a real winner who can beat defenders with trickery and not just raw pace. Unless Barisic miraculously turns back into the player we thought he was, we need a left back. Another striker while welcome, would be a financial indulgence for now, much as I would like to see it. How far we’re prepared to ‘indulge’ might depend on moving on the deadwood.

I'd like a new natural LB aswell. Does anyone know if we have any from the academy who could possibly make the step up? Cause I think if we get Kent on loan with the option to buy we might still have some spare funds ro go sign one. Bit I'd love it if we had a decent young prospect so we can save some of the budget for January. I've 1 last question is Adam Lewis at Liverpool still with them or has he been loaned out? I've heard he's supposed to be highly rated at anfield. I wouldn't mind Taylor from killie either. I know some don't rate him but everytime I've seen him play he looks like a decent solid full back plus he's a gers fan so I can see him giving us 110% all the time. Just wish barasic could kick on he's one of the players we all want to see do well but he needs to man up a bit. I've we can get his confidence up and toughen him up he could be a real asset for us bit I think the league we play him. Doesn't suit him. He'd probably kick on in a more technical league

I reckon we'd need to qualify for Europa groups and shift a few, we're probably close to the ffp limit just now as it stands

Tell me you're joking,in England and all around Europe they're spending millions on a single player and we're reaching the FFP limit by spending a measly few million compared to others,ffs.

We have 2 fantastic strikers, but we won't go through over 50 games without 1 or both being unavailable through injury or suspension.
We need a 3rd centre forward more than we need another winger, even if the winger is really good.

Finding a good enough striker willing to be 3rd choice is the problem though.

I also worry that Liverpool insist on big financial clauses if their loan players don't play often enough and we would have 2 wingers from them on loan. Would it force us to play more often the 4-3-3 system with 2 out and out wide men that we abandoned to such success?

Tell me you're joking,in England and all around Europe they're spending millions on a single player and we're reaching the FFP limit by spending a measly few million compared to others,ffs.

Suggest you look into what financial fair play is, before having a pop at someone.

Apparently any deal for Kent would be deferred payment for next season FFP is a monitoring period of a few years and not a season.

Ffp relates to proportion of spend to income. We've had a wage bill around 20 million for couple years now, and our main income has been season ticket money (roughly 15 million) before we qualified for the group stages last year

We don't have 150 million in TV money, so yes we are still under the auspices of FFP. It doesn't just apply to clean bs spending millions and millions

Would love to see him back but it’s taking a bit of a risk.

We absolutely would have to win the league this season if we plan to shell out £6m next summer as that would pretty much be all of our summer budget in terms of transfer fees spent on one player without the chance of CL football.

Financially I can’t see Rangers even attempting this without getting to the Europa league group stages first.

Would love to see him back but it’s taking a bit of a risk.

We absolutely would have to win the league this season if we plan to shell out £6m next summer as that would pretty much be all of our summer budget in terms of transfer fees spent on one player without the chance of CL football.

Financially I can’t see Rangers even attempting this without getting to the Europa league group stages first.
Financially winning the league doesn't get anywhere near the cash from getting to the Europa League group stage so I doubt that would have an affect however the league needs won for other obvious reasons

I was hopeful that group stage qualification would see us sign Kent but with the possibility of further UEFA sanctions hanging over us I don't see us spending any more money.
As things stand there aren’t any further UEFA sanctions hanging over us. This is our ‘warning’. If the songs continue then yes there will be further sanctions but I think and hope our support understand the seriousness of this charge

I don't think we can complain about our signings so far at all. If we get Kent it I think it'll have been a very good window for us. We do perhaps need to shift some more players out though.

As for left back - I don't think it's as big an issue as some of us think.

There is a lot of news outlets (the usual daft football ones) all reporting that we have made a £6m loan to buy offer for Kent. Is this just guessing or can anyone with some sort of insight confirm whether there is anything in it or if it’s made up?

As things stand there aren’t any further UEFA sanctions hanging over us. This is our ‘warning’. If the songs continue then yes there will be further sanctions but I think and hope our support understand the seriousness of this charge

How do you know mate? According to numerous rumours on here FARE report, and have reported, us after every single game. UEFA have chosen not to take action until now. Common sense says they give us time to address the issue having now been sanctioned for this singing - but when did common sense and UEFA ever walk hand-in-hand? There are rumours that we were reported for the home games against the Danes and again for last Thursday. Hopefully either the rumours are wrong or UEFA choose to ignore the FARE reports in these instances to allow us to address the issue. I cant say I'm not nervous about where this is headed.

How do you know mate? According to numerous rumours on here FARE report, and have reported, us after every single game. UEFA have chosen not to take action until now. Common sense says they give us time to address the issue having now been sanctioned for this singing - but when did common sense and UEFA ever walk hand-in-hand? There are rumours that we were reported for the home games against the Danes and again for last Thursday. Hopefully either the rumours are wrong or UEFA choose to ignore the FARE reports in these instances to allow us to address the issue. I cant say I'm not nervous about where this is headed.
We were punished for the st Joseph's game .If we make the same mistake again at any point then they will close the ground.

I think getting Kent back will depend on getting to the Europa league group stage.

I think our chances of getting him back are slim but, if it’s to happen, it will be as you say (group stage qualification) PLUS getting there without any further sanctions.

We should not underestimate how serious the situation we find ourselves in is. On many different levels.

I think our chances of getting him back are slim but, if it’s to happen, it will be as you say (group stage qualification) PLUS getting there without any further sanctions.

We should not underestimate how serious the situation we find ourselves in is. On many different levels.
I agree mate we need to box cleaner as we ate under the microscope not just domestically but on the European stage as well.

Never thought I'd be so happy to see another Kent thread cheers OP . No proof but just got a feeling SG keeping Kent announcement back for maximum affect hope so we need a bit of good news right now

Kent is superior to anything we currently have in the 'inside forward' positions.He can also play as a false nine should both Morelos and Defoe be injured.

Don't get me wrong the figures quoted in the 'loan to buy' option are an awful lot of money if at all true,but he could well be the difference in clinching 55.

Fwiw I think he will be should we get him.

Seems like it would be our last signing unless we shift a good few out

If we get into the group stages we might sign a striker aswell but who's going to want to be third choice. Unless we sign someone who's better than the two we have but that's majorly unlikely.

Back