If we go in front

punk

Are the mhanks the kind of team along with their manager the type to shit themselves as they have
never been under any real pressure for years or do we think they could handle it. We seem to be in
the situation that every game is a must win, so how would they get on chasing us?

I don't think they'd shit themselves but it would put us in a good position. Scoring first would allow us to relax but remember what happened at new year.

Genuinely think they will shit themselves. especially if it's not exactly early doors. Get in 1 - 0 up and we might have a sneaky chance of taking the points

we went 1-0 up in december and should have put them to bed in the first 30mins. we lost 2-1.

we need to do them at Ibrox. Rodgers has never had any real pressure up here.

If we go in front we should be looking to get a 2nd as soon as possible. Every side is rocked a bit after going one down. The amount of chances we create and miss is astounding (the Hibs game springs to mind this season). Hopefully we can create that killer instinct to put games out of reach before opposition sides have a chance to react.

I think its more important that we dont shit ourselves if we go one up. If we score first we need to keep the head, not panic and think we need to see out the game (assuming its realtively early in the game). I'll take a 90th minute opener for us just now

Don't think they'd shit themselves to be honest. As mentioned above, we cannot afford to squander our chances, and if we do go in front we must go for a second.

The first 15 mins at new year we were brilliant then arses collapsed - changed days since then and have a bit of steel through the spine of the team now. If we go 1-0 up around the same time as we did at new year, I don't think we will throw it away.

This Celtic team so far under Brenda hasn't really had to deal with loss, well in the league anyway, a few bad results could well knock the shit out of them.

Here's hoping anyway.

Does OP not mean ahead as in above them in the league table, rather than scoring first on the 23rd?

It's a good question, like others I feel Rodgers will crack under any real pressure.

I am buzzing for this game. We need to lay down a marker and let them know it's on.

I really see us winning this game. Like TheWizard said earlier it need's to be killed off if we go ahead quick. Can't have us 1-0 at 60 mins then by the 85th minute they are somehow 2-1 up. We need to be ruthless.

Rogers is a narcissist. That's why he likes it up here so much. He comes under no pressure competitively or from the press. Let's change that.

It's insane how concerned people on here get about what the mentally challengeds will do in x situation or y situation.

I'm far more concerned about us. We've barely strung a few wins together for some time ffs. Nevermind them.

Were Motherwell not a couple up on them as well but they came back and won that game.

What we need to do is get the goal(s) and then try and dominate them and play with the same intensity that we started the Hibs game with

Difficult to compare us to last year as we have so many new players/mindset etc
I'm concerned that few of them have played in an old firm game though tbh

In regard to them, they've been behind in a few games and come back to win. They aren't 'used to it' but it has happened

I don't think they would shit themselves as such, it's just whether we go onto put them to the sword like we should have done in December. We blew it that game, but I'd like to think we have more players now who wouldn't panic and can see it out better.

I think they'll score first, and we'll win 2 or 3-1... will need to check the odds on us to win from behind, I'd imagine they'll be decent.
Just a hunch.

Difficult to compare us to last year as we have so many new players/mindset etc
I'm concerned that few of them have played in an old firm game though tbh

In regard to them, they've been behind in a few games and come back to win. They aren't 'used to it' but it has happened

It will be the making of Morelos... similar to Dembele last year, if he comes out of his 1st Old Firm game with a goal (or hopefully more!) that will be the marker set for the rest of the season.

This Rangers team is still getting to know each other. You can see they are not fully confident yet.

When County scored the other week we lost our composure and had a tough 20 minutes. In fairness they weathered that storm and got themselves right back into it and scored again to finish it off, so for sure they are improving as a unit, but we are a bit off celtc shitting themselves if we go 1 up.

Can this celtc team handle pressure, either in a one off game or over the course of a league with someone breathing down their neck? No one knows because so far they have not been put in that position. You have got to imagine it would affect them, how could it not. Rodgers is a good coach but he hasn't always handled pressure well in the past. A wee wobble at the top, just enough to be noticed, could send ripples right through their squad, sew seeds of doubt. That is all we might need to keep up close and ramp up the pressure. Perhaps capitalize on some dropped points.

But lest be honest with ourselves. We need to get our own house in order and start racking up some wins, find consistency and go on a run, before we get to a place where we can start to discuss the mettle of others.

If the Mhanks go 1 down, they'll come straight back at us, we need to learn to deal with the pressure, if we go 2 up it's a different matter.

St Johnstone were leading them for most of the game, when "they" equalized St Johnstone crumbled and they were lucky they didnt get beat in the end! So I dont think they'll shit themselves
Saying that this unbeaten run has to come to an end soon! Tomorrow night would be a good start!

This Celtic team so far under Brenda hasn't really had to deal with loss, well in the league anyway, a few bad results could well knock the shit out of them.

Here's hoping anyway.
Yip, and watch the toys get thrown out the pram when the do eventually lose a league match. Someone will be to blame, I pity the poor ref in charge of that game.

Does OP not mean ahead as in above them in the league table, rather than scoring first on the 23rd?

It's a good question, like others I feel Rodgers will crack under any real pressure.
Thats what i thought. If so then ive been saying this for a while, if we keep the pressure on they will start to make mistakes as they haven't been under any real pressure.

This is my predicament I think we will score first I am just worried about holding onto the lead. I fear us trying to hold on and them breaking us down to easily. If we held on at Hogmany to half time I think we would of seen the game out but its all ifs and buts.

We should do what Wibbles team done to lovenkrands reference Sinclair - give him the message early on - with different players having a good dig at him , with him nullified it takes a lot of their threat away !!!

And Tav if your looking in don't let the Kant cut inside !!!

It will be one of those games where with just one goal of a lead we'd never be comfortable. They've been behind in the past season and a bit and always at least got the draw.

I'd love to see how they would react to two quick goals. I feel we maybe need that to go on and win the game.

The guy had a bitch fit when they drew at home to st Johnstone.

It is pissing me right off that he has had it easy so far-he will lose the plot if things start going against him.

This is my predicament I think we will score first I am just worried about holding onto the lead. I fear us trying to hold on and them breaking us down to easily. If we held on at Hogmany to half time I think we would of seen the game out but its all ifs and buts.

We seem to be better at chasing a game than holding a lead.

i think we will be on equal pints after the next OF game.

Can see them folding this season if we get a result at Ibrox

I don't think there's anything to suggest they'd shit it to be honest, it's us that's not to shit it. If we don't get 6 points in the two games leading up to it then there'll be a lot of pressure on us again, we need to win the next two to build the confidence more.

Also we have to capitalise when we're on top during the game, the hogmanay game last year they only had a 5-10 min spell in that first half but got a goal during it.

I think we need to be 2 clear goals up before we start seeing their arse collapse. A goal just before and after half time would do nicely.

that's what I meant Mostin

Two goals in quick succession would kill the game and give the players and fans confidence which would lead to a thrashing. It will happen soon but unlikely to be the mentally challengeds unfortunately.

Back