If Butland was to go, any thoughts on a replacement?

We are obviously trying to implement a player trading model. We got him in a free

• Yes

Votes: 602 43.2%
  • No

Votes: 791 56.8%

• Total voters

Greggy83

We got Jack on a free when it seemed there wasn't a lot of offers for him. To bank £10 million would be great business but I'm torn as I want him to be our number 1

We can’t make the same mistakes as we have done in the past so as much as I would hate to say it sell!

We rejected more in January.

Ultimately, we don’t need a Jack Butland to win the league and a good fee would go a long way. However, I’d be wanting more than £10m. Think it’s one of those where he’s more valuable to us, than what he’s actually worth to other teams.

If it was take or leave it, then I’d probably take it.

Closer to 20 million would be a no brainer.

Would have been nice to have had him in the Champions League for us but I doubt he'd want to waste another year here.

At the same time, this time last year he was wasting away on the Man Utd bench so who knows.

100%

It’s the part fans are really going to struggle with, £10m profit on a player in a season is numbers we would struggle to turn down, obviously more would be better but it’s a fantastic return for us

We rejected more in January.

Ultimately, we don’t need a Jack Butland to win the league and a good fee would go a long way. However, I’d be wanting more than £10m. Think it’s one of those where he’s more valuable to us, than what he’s actually worth to other teams.

If it was take or leave it, then I’d probably take it.

Disagree.

Jack Butland is exactly the guy we should be planning a rebuild around.

Title winning Rangers sides over the past 20-30 years have included goalkeepers on a level as good as, if not better, than Butland.

Losing Butland and going for a replacement could set us back.

But of course, money talks.

Unfortunately we could not turn that down imo.

F.uck me what a job our gaffer has on his hands rebuilding our team/squad.

Rangers fans will never willingly accept a player trading model.

They will always think that selling good players is a sign of capitulation and that not selling our shite players for big money to compensate is a sign of failure and not matching the mentally challengeds.

The minute we hit £8m-10m profit on any player should be the signal to sell. People won’t accept this though.
Hence why we didn’t sign Morelos for £16m because the board thought people would think they were weak because they’d already mentioned 20.

The OP was on the other thread where the OP of that thread says he was connected family wise to Butland and the fee was 21 million. He was heavily disputing that fee.
Now starts this one?

Yep, we need to take these good bits of business when they come up. Would hope for a touch more though. Great keeper and man. If he stays then fine too.

10 million ha! Double and that's it.
£20 million would put him just outside the top 10 most expensive goalkeepers in history. He's playing in the SPL, that's absolute dreaming. Especially when he's played in the EPL for years, his age and we got him for free a year ago

There's absolutely no chance we would get offered £20 million. Realistically £10 million would be a massive offer

Wasn’t there a relation of his telling all on here during the week he was away for 21m down south and deal done .
Or was that usual pish ? Can’t remember the poster

Realistically yes. If the lad hadn’t claimed we were set to get double that (which I’m still no closer to believing) then think more would be in favour. Outstanding player but don’t think we’re in a position to turn it down

Rangers fans will never willingly accept a player trading model.

They will always think that selling good players is a sign of capitulation and that not selling our shite players for big money to compensate is a sign of failure and not matching the mentally challengeds.

The minute we hit £8m-10m profit on any player should be the signal to sell. People won’t accept this though.
Hence why we didn’t sign Morelos for £16m because the board thought people would think they were weak because they’d already mentioned 20.

I think if we were truly offended £16 million for Moreles he would have been sold in a heartbeat

As much as we love our players, if we want to be sustainable and buy players, we are going to have to sell. I'm torn over Butlins tho as he's someone we can build a spine with

Playing in the SL is a hinderence thigh, the scum sold Van Dijk and Frimpong for £24 million combined. A couple of years later the were valued at nearly over £120 million

The league we play in dictates the value, just like Sweden, Denmark and even Holland to a certain extent

Last edited:
Back