If we got put out of Braga and they went through

CNICHOLL2910

Was having a look at our fixtures and their fixtures last night and also the dates when the last 16 Europa games would be, which are 12th March and 19th March.
Now I reckon they will go through against Copenhagen. I think Braga will be a difficult tie for us. If we were to get put out, would we be allowed to play our game in hand on the 11th March? Possible scenario if both keep winning it puts us top going into old firm game. They would also have a Europa Thur game before coming to Ibrox (hopefully chasing shadows aginast one of the better teams)
With this looking like a really fine margin season, would see this as a small positive in light if how we have done in the Europa last 2 years? The league is a must and I think every bear knows, we win that, they crumble and potentially fall into a decline.

Let’s face we are not going to win the Europa, while I want the Bears to win every game they play I wouldn’t be gutted if we lose to Braga, as the OP said, might give us a wee edge in the title.

I think if we had two positive games and went out on the finest margins against them, it would soften the blow too. Be interesting if the SFA (or Liewell!) agreed to pencil our game 11th March

I will be gutted if braga beat us as always, I want us to win every game

However, I feel happy enough with our European run this season, and would be more than happy to clear up our game in hand and concentrate on the league

It's the most important of them all especially with the possibility of CL football next season and the advantages it would bring

1. The cash
2. The prestige
3. They would always be playing catch up playing on a Thursday/Sunday

I’d be happy to concentrate on the league, although I keep thinking about the possibility of us drawing the legions of scum in the next round - and 3 games against them in a row !!

Gotta be the League.

Only way into the CL next year plus the stopping them/55 aspect.

Whits the deal with the CL anyways? 2 spots the year after?

I want us to win every game, but some less than others. I wouldn’t lose sleep if we got eliminated and the filth went through. Can definitely see us having an advantage based on the OPs timeline.

Let’s face we are not going to win the Europa, while I want the Bears to win every game they play I wouldn’t be gutted if we lose to Braga, as the OP said, might give us a wee edge in the title.

I wouldn’t rule out anything in Europe with this team. Best European record of my lifetime.

If we win this game, we’re in the last 16 and it’s anybody’s from there on in.

i hope we go as far as the mentally challengeds say if both go through no shift of fixtures to help steve clarke but if they go out and we go through they'll shift our league games to help the national side , i want every break possible as decisions will be done to aid them but impede us

Take the emotional conflict out of it - I want us to win but I’m concerned about it distracting us from the league - and look at the finances of it all: winning the league will be worth more to us with champions league money a real possibility vs the money we would get from another two legged tie in Europe.

We’ve fairer better than we could have hoped at the start of the season. Europe helps us financially but the bigger picture is 55. If we went out and they didn’t I could live with that.

Would be absolutely gutted to get knocked out but afterwards you do look for any positives and that may well end up being one if it helped our cause later.

Europe is a bonus, bread and butter is the league.

Always want us to do well and love seeing Rangers in Europa League, and goes without saying I'd be gutted, but it's a different level of want for the league this year.

Whilst the league is definitely the priority, we have played our best football in Europe. Braga will be an extremely difficult tie but doable. Plus the fact I’m going and want to see us progress!

Was having a look at our fixtures and their fixtures last night and also the dates when the last 16 Europa games would be, which are 12th March and 19th March.
Now I reckon they will go through against Copenhagen. I think Braga will be a difficult tie for us. If we were to get put out, would we be allowed to play our game in hand on the 11th March? Possible scenario if both keep winning it puts us top going into old firm game. They would also have a Europa Thur game before coming to Ibrox (hopefully chasing shadows aginast one of the better teams)
With this looking like a really fine margin season, would see this as a small positive in light if how we have done in the Europa last 2 years? The league is a must and I think every bear knows, we win that, they crumble and potentially fall into a decline.
They will not crumble and fall into decline.
However, it will be catastrophic if we don't win the title.

I want us to win every game we play and them to lose every game they play. I also don't see them crumbling, when we beat them we will have an advantage but it is hardly likely they are then going to get spanked by Hamilton, St Johnstone etc. I say this to be realistic because every point between now and the end of the season will be hard won.

The braga tie is winnable and I think momentum is really important. Main thing is not to pick up injuries and where we can rotate 1 or 2 players each week. Easy scottish cup ties will also help that.

Gotta be the League.

Only way into the CL next year plus the stopping them/55 aspect.

Whits the deal with the CL anyways? 2 spots the year after?
Not really, winning the Europa would also get us in :p

We are already further in Europe than most expected & there would be no shame in going out to Braga. League is always #1 & if bowing out to Braga helped us secure 55 I'd happily accept it.

I can see both sides of the argument but winning games creates a winning mentality.

Another round in Europa brings in more money for the club.

I’m away to Braga as well so personally for me I want to be celebrating after the game with a pint in hand.

Flights booked for Gdansk just in case

I’d prefer we beat Braga and they lost to Copenhagen. Keeps our momentum going and hopefully harms theirs. Yes it will cause a backlog of fixtures but if we have momentum and they don’t it hopefully won’t matter

It’s an interesting scenario, but European ties are financially important to us right now and likely have a direct correlation with our ability to buy quality players. Kent a prime example.

Basically I want us to win every time we turnout whether it be a CL match or the Glasgow Cup.

Going through against Braga has a psychological and financial boost that outweighs the disadvantage of extra fixtures.

Having said that, we mustn’t lose sight of the fact that what we really want is our league title back.

Back