If we had won yesterday

Carson’s chosen few

In my opinion if we had won yesterday we wouldn’t have spent 7 m on Kent today . I’m obv not saying I’m glad we lost but I suppose silver linings and all . Anyway we have the tools for the job now to win the league , it’s now down to them . Have they the balls for the fight ??????

In my opinion if we had won yesterday we wouldn’t have spent 7 m on Kent today . I’m obv not saying I’m glad we lost but I suppose silver linings and all . Anyway we have the tools for the job now to win the league , it’s now down to them . Have they the balls for the fight ??????
Not a chance. You don't produce 7 million pound deals in less than a day. This has been cat and mouse for a few months. the biggest factor was the Alfredo Morelos goal on Thursday night.

Opened this thread expecting the idea that if we won yesterday and signed Kent tonight, the euphoria on FF would go into overdrive.

We wanted Kent all summer, yesterdays result had nothing to do with signing Kent.

Yesterday has been a massive benefit to us for *their* transfer business, not ours. Had we won, lawell would have had to pacify the horde, which would have involved signing wanyama or someone of similar profile. Instead they have signed a few development players, whilst all the guys who were crap after Cluj and Dunfermline are now world beaters. We are probably slightly better than we ended last year and they are slightly worse, which could be just enough to narrow the gap.

No chance. You don’t shell out £7.5m on a whim, especially at this club. It’ll have been agreed and discussed weeks ago and it was clearly always hinged on progression to the Europa League group stages.

Stevie made a comment last season about Kent being a player he wanted to build the team around.

Thought it strange at the time seeing as he was on loan and, at that time, no real chance of being able to afford him permanently.

It does seem as though stevie had always planned to make the move permanent one way or another.

We would have. Do you think we just woke up this am and started on this deal?

Nonsense mate, SG has never said that the deal was ever dead which meant that it’s been ticking away for months.

Nonsense, utter nonsense taken from some pape blog.

We’ve been openly after him all summer.

[QUOTE="Kirky loyalist, post: 4285365, member: 6369"]In my opinion if we had won yesterday we wouldn’t have spent 7 m on Kent today . I’m obv not saying I’m glad we lost but I suppose silver linings and all . Anyway we have the tools for the job now to win the league , it’s now down to them . Have they the balls for the fight ??????[/QUOTE]

Nonsense..
Deal was already done & dusted before yesterday.

Not a chance. You don't produce 7 million pound deals in less than a day. This has been cat and mouse for a few months. the biggest factor was the Alfredo Morelos goal on Thursday night.
Gerrard's expression after the final whistle on Thursday looked like something deeper than just the joy at winning the match, also an outpouring of relief as he knew it meant Kent was returning.

Yesterday has been a massive benefit to us for *their* transfer business, not ours. Had we won, lawell would have had to pacify the horde, which would have involved signing wanyama or someone of similar profile. Instead they have signed a few development players, whilst all the guys who were crap after Cluj and Dunfermline are now world beaters. We are probably slightly better than we ended last year and they are slightly worse, which could be just enough to narrow the gap.
I've thought about this & at first I disregarded it but the more I think about it, Stevie G might just have pulled some 4D chess masterstroke here. The thing that makes me doubt it is our performances against Kilmarnock & St.Boo.

Hopefully not completing the deal in time for him to play on Sunday doesn’t come back and bite us in the arse. (This isn’t a dig against the board. Can’t thank then enough for getting the deal over the line)

Deal of 7 million is not done easily overnight impossible I feel, I imagine Liverpool was holding on for a half-decent return for Ryan.
Ryan wants to play here again we provided Liverpool with a decent return above what the other teams were offering and the player comes to us happy where elsewhere he might not have been so.

win-win for everyone concerned and a continuation of something special young guy who can only get better.

Back