If we qualify on Wednesday

Can we win the Europa League?

I'll likely get peters for this but I don't see why not. Thursday showed that with Ibrox rocking and everyone pulling together, we can get a result against anyone. I know it's different times and different teams but if ba team with Broad foot, Dailly and McCulloch can reach a European final there's no reason why this team can't.

Please don't let this descend into player/manager bashing. If you don't think so, a simple no will suffice
Can't believe you've stuck McCulloch in with those two.

Hoping for a result like Sporting Lisbon away 2008.Head is telling me something different unfortunately.

With a lucky draw yeah.

Quite a few teams I'd fancy our chance against

Porto/Sporting/Benfica all from Portugal we'd be in for a shout. We've already beaten porto and if we get past bragta who's beat all 3 teams lately it's possible

man united/arsenal/wolves (if braga can beat them why can't we - if we get through?)

Then there's celtic/copenhagen

Would need a lot of luck and us to pull the finger out but yeah, it's not impossible.

Of course we can in it like everyone else just need a HUGE slice of good luck.

believe

In a nutshell no. Braga were probably the easiest draw we could have got.

We got a good draw at the time, but since then it's obvious that they are a right good team. We always do ourselves down even when we get a great result. They have two players from Barcelona a loan deal and one they sold but have loaned back, what the %^*& do we have?

We can't handle the pressure of going top of the SPFL.

With that being only one of my many reasons, no, we can't.

We got a good draw at the time, but since then it's obvious that they are a right good team. We always do ourselves down even when we get a great result. They have two players from Barcelona a loan deal and one they sold but have loaned back, what the %^*& do we have?

Ojo and Barker waiting to come off the bench.

We got incredibly lucky on Wednesday. A superb opener from Hagi followed by 2 lucky goals can’t cover up the fact that we were 2nd best in the match for most of it. Braga will be fuming and I expect them to come out of the traps and put the tie to bed by midway through the 1st half. They only need to win 1-0 so they won’t panic and our defence will give them plenty of opportunities to score.

So No, we can’t and won’t win the EL.

Ojo and Barker waiting to come off the bench.

Exactly.

We have a squad with some decent players. Whether some like it or not, referencing what the club has been through isn't a cop out - it's reality. We are punching above our weight in Europe and it's mental how people play down what we do.

Yes the league form has been unacceptable, but that doesn't mean we need to denigrate other performances.

Maybe I’m being overly pessimistic but i don’t think our chances are much more than 20% to go through

We won't get past Braga, that's not defeatist it's just fact.

How is that a fact?

The odds of sneaking a draw over there must be decent?

They will have to come after us because they need the win and we beat their defensive line multiple times on Thursday. No good reason we can't do so again.

Definitely they will be favorites but to suggest it's a "fact" that we'll go out on Wednesday is just daft.

Ignorance is bliss, Braga are a fantastic side.
Braga who have beat Porto, Sporting Lisbon and Benfica in the last 2 months are now the shitiest team ever.
won a Europa league group.
best form in Portugal.
But easiest draw. .

Absolutely mental.

Could we go on a miracle run to the final?
maybe but it's a 100/1 shot.

We have a thread discussing a new management team as we're so shite, now we have a thread going on about how we can win the UEFA Cup.

Not to mention Tom Miller being hated by his own.

this place is mental.

No. I think we will more than likely go out on Wednesday. We are awful at the moment and a 20 minute collapse from a team that should have been about 6 up against us last week isn’t going to raise my expectation levels.
Mate I get that for long periods we were outclassed and passed off the park.
However at 0-0 Morelos just misses Kent for a tap in and hits the keeper when clean through.
At 1-0 he misses his second one on one.
Second half just before 2-0 he misses the goal line chance.
For all those saying they could’ve been 4/5/6 up, we could’ve been comfortably ahead if you discount all their missed chances.
For all their dominance, clear cut chances were pretty even.

We can of course win it, in much the same way Inverness can win the Scottish Cup, the reality is there is little chance of it happening.

Roma, Man Utd, Arsenal, Benfica, Ajax, Sevilla and Inter are still in the competition.

How is that a fact?

The odds of sneaking a draw over there must be decent?

They will have to come after us because they need the win and we beat their defensive line multiple times on Thursday. No good reason we can't do so again.

Definitely they will be favorites but to suggest it's a "fact" that we'll go out on Wednesday is just daft.
Waie and see how good Braga are on a good pitch, couple that with our shambolic defence and midfield posted as missing, we won't be going through.

If we get through, which is still a big ask, and got a favourable tie, I could see us making the last 8.

But with the likes of wolves, Roma, arsenal, inter and man u still in it, it'd be one hell of a task to make it much further than that.
In the last 16, I’d be happy to take Copenhagen, Benfica, Malmo, LASK, Gent or Porto, all of whom could still go through. Gets harder after that though obviously.

Why are teams like Braga so much better than us? Their average attendance is just over 10000. Do they get millions from TV in Portugal in order to attract the quality of player they have?

No way. We are worried about beating Hearts for fck sake.
If we get to the last 16 I'd be amazed the way things are at the moment.

We have a team in dis repair right now

No.

Inter Milan, Man United, Frankfurt, Celtic ,Sevilla, Sporting Lisbon

Getafe, Shakhtar Donetsk, Wolfsburg ,Bayer Leverkusen, LASK, Arsenal

Wolves, Basel, Roma

Of those sides, I'd say we'd realistically have a chance vs Basel, Sporting Lisbon, LASK and Celtic.

If we get through and then get drawn against an alkmar or Basel type team with a few of tge really dangerous sides get drawn against each other then you could day dare to dream. But in all honesty I don't think ite very likely

We are ahead so don’t see why getting through in Wednesday is so impossible,Braga are decent but we still beat them whilst playing shite for 2 thirds of the game

If we still had the form we had in the first half of the season, I would have been quietly confident of beating any other team in the Europa, over two legs. With our excellent home from in Europe,along with a packed Ibrox, we could certainly have beaten some "bigger" clubs.
Not so much now, unfortunately.

Back