If we've played a blinder here, Doncaster will be gone soon.

CupidStunt

If what I suspect has happened, that we've been building relationships with all the other clubs in the background, then I expect quite a few clubs coming out and distancing themselves from Celtic's stance in the coming weeks.

The dynamic that this will create, if it happens, will be the SPFL CEO officially asking for a review of the SFA based on one club, not the majority of member clubs.

If that happens, Doncaster has to go. His position will be absolutely untenable if he's proven to have given the green light for the SPFL to be used as the vehicle for this without acting on the best interests and wishes of the clubs as a whole.

I hope I'm right, it would be absolutely hilarious to see this all come crashing down.

I've said it a few times in the last week, it wouldn't surprise me if The King has played an absolute blinder here. Anyone that thinks Ashley walked away off his own back is deluded, The King set his target and fucking demolished it.

I have a funny feeling this is what's happening here.

I think the walls are coming down on him. He wont like that it is now public knowledge he has met semi Joe and their Association and it may cause other supporters clubs to say why wont you meet us then.

My only worry would be that we need to be careful what we wish for.

The influence that lot have over Scottish football, i'd not hold out much confidence of them not pushing a patsy into the role.

That said, my paranoid mind aside, I hope you are right.

I don't think it's a case of us building relationships (this is Hibs and Aberdeen we're talking about here), I think it's more a case of these clubs having a few skeletons in their closets that would potentially become public knowledge if a review were to take place.

I think Regan and Doncaster should go but not because of the whims of Liewell but because they are both usel

If what I suspect has happened, that we've been building relationships with all the other clubs in the background, then I expect quite a few clubs coming out and distancing themselves from Celtic's stance in the coming weeks.

The dynamic that this will create, if it happens, will be the SPFL CEO officially asking for a review of the SFA based on one club, not the majority of member clubs.

If that happens, Doncaster has to go. His position will be absolutely untenable if he's proven to have given the green light for the SPFL to be used as the vehicle for this without acting on the best interests and wishes of the clubs as a whole.

I hope I'm right, it would be absolutely hilarious to see this all come crashing down.

I've said it a few times in the last week, it wouldn't surprise me if The King has played an absolute blinder here. Anyone that thinks Ashley walked away off his own back is deluded, The King set his target and fucking demolished it.

Please let this happen.

It may be the reason we didn't come out all guns blazing against Lennon and the referee/SFA after the Hibs game.
Maybe we got wind of this and decided to keep both parties on side.

Hibs might also be in the shit regarding not informing us on Neely so are choosing not to prod us too hard in the hope we stay out of the shitstorm that may come their way.

Wishful thinking bro,there is next to no goodwill out there where Rangers are concerned.
I think it's more of a case of the other clubs just getting fed up of being Celtic's stoogies.

He clearly seems to have over-played his hand, leaving Doncaster very much on his own.

However, if history has taught us anything it is that all is not always as it seems in Scottish football.

If Doncaster goes, there will be another papish placeman in his place.

Considering the last person they recruited to the board said about Rangers "Ah cannae stand the bastards", I don't know how good this would be.

Surely, no matter what the other clubs think of us, they must be able to see that Doncaster is not good for Scottish football in any way shape or form?

Dave king has absolutely went above and beyond imo getting rid of Ashley was no mean feat. I think he will revel in roasting the slit eyed pig. Have no fear we are all over this

There has to be a reason we haven't responded publicly to all of this, there must be a tactic behind it and given the track record of our board in the last few years, I'm confident they know exactly what they're doing.

I don't think it's a case of us building relationships (this is Hibs and Aberdeen we're talking about here), I think it's more a case of these clubs having a few skeletons in their closets that would potentially become public knowledge if a review were to take place.

Plot twist: everyone was using EBTs and Rangers became the fall guy. Everyone else had a fire out the back of their stadium burning records. It's been proven that Celtic used them also, I'm sure.

Been wondering about this ,shelf and think you could be pretty on the money.

It may be the reason we didn't come out all guns blazing against Lennon and the referee/SFA after the Hibs game.
Maybe we got wind of this and decided to keep both parties on side.

Hibs might also be in the shit regarding not informing us on Neely so are choosing not to prod us too hard in the hope we stay out of the shitstorm that may come their way.

I would be amazed of we didn't create an appropriate shit storm after the hibs game, but privately with the appropriate people.

Public criticism of refs is always a poor effort. Not the way we do business. Also Hibs won't be scared of us, they will be scared we don't turn up at Easter road.

I wouldn't read too much into us "playing a blinder".

I think it's more to do with every club having a simple common sense approach, whereas the Tims have a jealous/hateful/bigoted approach.

Doncaster acting at the behest of one club rather than the collective will of clubs he is paid to represent via the SPFL board, makes his position untenable. His misrepresentation here must be actionable.

If we have any official comment to make, we should be training our sights on Neil Doncaster.

He has serious misconduct questions to answer in this regard.

I'm not so sure. Most clubs despise us.

Something is afoot here. Maybe this was all a ploy by Liewell and Petrie etc to get rid of Doncaster and Regan in some kind of coup to gain complete control of the game up here.

Mentioned on a previous thread that Board may have been working away in background so hope that indeed has been the case.

While I would be delighted to be rid of both Doncaster and Regan I would be wary of a Lawell power grab.

Mentioned on a previous thread that Board may have been working away in background so hope that indeed has been the case.

While I would be delighted to be rid of both Doncaster and Regan I would be wary of a Lawell power grab.

Exactly this, it suits us that Regan has fallen foul of Liewell and it would not benefit us to have another place man appointed by them. We should focus on getting rid of Doncaster however as he is firmly in their camp and has committed an act of gross misconduct in my view.

You'd like to think so, but I am not convinced it will happen. The cynic in me also thinks that any replacement will be handpicked by Liewell

Not sure anyone can say with certainty what's going on and if yet more underhand antics are at play or simply common sense taking over after years of spite and self loathing

Not sure anyone can say with certainty what's going on and if yet more underhand antics are at play or simply common sense taking over after years of spite and self loathing

Experience would suggest that common sense remains in very short supply within the game in this country.

Something is afoot here. Maybe this was all a ploy by Liewell and Petrie etc to get rid of Doncaster and Regan in some kind of coup to gain complete control of the game up here.
This is my train of thought myself

This is what worries me. Petrie is next in line for the top job at the [Corrupt] SFA once they have taken care of Reagan.

This would be excellent.

As I mentioned in another thread, the fact he has stayed so long given the absolute arse he makes of almost everything, beggars belief.

That was my thinking last night also. Petrie is a f.ucking rat

Totally agree and good coment

I'm not. Lawwell's got a stormy AGM upcoming from that lot.
He's deflecting.

There is nothing they can do to us now. Folk looking too much into it tbh.

Agree, he's trying to get brownie points prior to their annual hate fest of an AGM he knows that a couple of real tankings in the CL and possibly a defeat in the league in particular to us would have them screaming for his head for not spending any of their self proclaimed mullions and mullions of poonds on new players

My only worry would be that we need to be careful what we wish for.

The influence that lot have over Scottish football, i'd not hold out much confidence of them not pushing a patsy into the role.

That said, my paranoid mind aside, I hope you are right.
They already have a patsy in the role.

Do we really think that Liewell and his mate Reagan have really fallen out? Imagine if it was really a plan to get Doncaster to take a fall and put someone more useful to them in the post! Far fetched?

Getting rid of the helmet is one thing, if Lawwell still has control of the next appointment then it'll be another pro-Celtic walloper. At least with this one we a) Know he's a prick.
b) Know he's incompetent.
That actually makes him less of a threat.

Doncaster, Regan and Topping were all head hunted for their jobs by the same recruitment company.

Imagine the lead partner in that recruitment company was a lifelong best friend of the son of the ex Celtic chairman, a guy who spent most of his life in and out of Dr Death's house.

Once these bastards are emptied we MUST insist that a new and completely neutral company is employed to bring the right guys.

Agree something is afoot, but I think Lawell, Reagan and Doncaster are all in on it. It's all too staged with the usual bunch of bampot bingo journo's all barking when told to.

Back