If you could go back in a time machine 1872 to 2019.

Heading as above. Impossible of course, but just for a bit of fun, what ONE Rangers game in our illustrious history, would you have loved to watch? Can be one you perhaps were at, or your father or grandfather regaled you with, about past triumphs. This thread is not just for older bears like me, but, for much younger bears/bearettes too! I realise there are probably at least 1872 games you would choose. My own choice would be when RANGERS annihilated celtic 8-1 on 1st January 1943.:)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)) My late father spoke about it often, and he enjoyed it when it got to 4-1 the GFITW :D had vacated the premises. My father was really peed off they even got the one!:mad: Over to you guys, i expect loads of laughs!;)

1928 cup final, a 4 0 thrashing of the beast to end a 28 year hoodoo, the Scottish Cup was a much coveted trophy in the early years and it's incredible to think that some fantastic players would star in great Rangers team yet leave without a Scottish Cup winners medal.

1928 cup final, a 4 0 thrashing of the beast to end a 28 year hoodoo, the Scottish Cup was a much coveted trophy in the early years and it's incredible to think that some fantastic players would star in great Rangers team yet leave without a Scottish Cup winners medal.
In Hugh Taylor's book "We Will Follow Rangers" there's a chapter called End of a Hoodoo, which is all about our 25 year wait to win the Scottish Cup. It's a fantastic read. The next chapter is called Date with the Dynamo. Surely a matter of time before someone mentions that game.

Me too!

Heading as above. Impossible of course, but just for a bit of fun, what ONE Rangers game in our illustrious history, would you have loved to watch? Can be one you perhaps were at, or your father or grandfather regaled you with, about past triumphs. This thread is not just for older bears like me, but, for much younger bears/bearettes too! I realise there are probably at least 1872 games you would choose. My own choice would be when RANGERS annihilated celtic 8-1 on 1st January 1943.:)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)) My late father spoke about it often, and he enjoyed it when it got to 4-1 the GFITW :D had vacated the premises. My father was really peed off they even got the one!:mad: Over to you guys, i expect loads of laughs!;)
1st January 1943 for me.

In Hugh Taylor's book "We Will Follow Rangers" there's a chapter called End of a Hoodoo, which is all about our 25 year wait to win the Scottish Cup. It's a fantastic read. The next chapter is called Date with the Dynamo. Surely a matter of time before someone mentions that game.
Yeah pal, I might still have that book, one of my first books. Also got Rangers The New Era in 1966 for Christmas. Happy times.

Reactions: 413
No game, but I'd have loved to have stood up at the Rangers AGM in 2011 and asked SDM if he was aware that Whyte had been banned for 7 years and whether he should sell Rangers to a known crook .

Have always said I would go back to the very very first game.

See what the guys were like.

And if it isn't breaking the rules, take some photos and encyclopedic descriptions of Ibrox, crowds at games, the tears of joy on fans faces and show them what their ambition and club meant to so many nearly 150 years later.

Would probably try get a kit for David Edgar, cause he mentions about collecting old kits and I doubt he has that one

Possibly I would have told Sam English to go easy in 1930.

He would have gone on to score hundreds of goals for us.

Or told the Board not to sell Baxter.

Or told Marco Negri to give up squash.

January 7th 1899
Clyde 0 Rangers 3

Only 4000 fans there, but they witnessed something never seen before or since.
Rangers completed a perfect league season, going through the entire season without dropping a single point.
I would love to make that history making crowd up to 4001.

Especially if you were standing on the sidelines as the only person at the match who had the knowledge of what they were actually watching, the founding of a dynasty :))
Haha that’s true might’ve got a game! There’s so many, 8-1, 61,67,72 finals, Aberdeen when we won the league, 2nd May. The one in may I was born but dad obviously only got a ticket for himself as I was only 7, 8 the next day not sure if my dads smiles were for the birthday or the league title :))

Edit. Aberdeen 86 I was there for 8IAR

Last edited:
Haha that’s true might’ve got a game! There’s so many, 8-1, 61,67,72 finals, Aberdeen when we won the league, 2nd May. The one in may I was born but dad obviously only got a ticket for himself as I was only 7, 8 the next day not sure if my dads smiles were for the birthday or the league title :))
Would’ve also like to have experienced the much talked about Kiev atmosphere at Ibrox

Have always said I would go back to the very very first game.

See what the guys were like.

And if it isn't breaking the rules, take some photos and encyclopedic descriptions of Ibrox, crowds at games, the tears of joy on fans faces and show them what their ambition and club meant to so many nearly 150 years later.

Would probably try get a kit for David Edgar, cause he mentions about collecting old kits and I doubt he has that one

One of our founding fathers, Moses McNeil, watched us play at Ibrox after the Main Stand was opened with a crowd of over 100,000 watching, what a buzz that would have been.

I would never turn the clock back. I have too many good memories. Wait, maybe turn clock back and kick the shift out of a few chairmen before they near destroyed us.

CWC as its our biggest event, however from a domestic view. Easter road to end their run, Colin Stein scoring that goal. must have been special to be at.

Rangers 5 Them 1. August 1988.
Probably my most bittersweet game ever. Was delirious when we got the 5th with 60 minutes on the clock, then I got angry when we started taking the pis instead of piling the goals in. The beasts were there for 10 that day, if we wanted it.

Back