If you could have 5 minutes with the team....

ForzaLaudrup

If you could have 5 minutes with the team what would you say to them?

Can’t get physical and batter Windass or anything, only words.

The gist would be that this is as high as any of your careers are ever likely to be. Get your finger out and make the most of the opportunity.

As above:

"Right...not going well, but it IS downhill for almost all of you after this. This is the big time for you. You can still show you care and have the personality to fight for 50,000 fans and not crumble. The badge on your chest has stood for something for 145 years...all we ask is you give 90 minutes. Then another. Then another. Don't look ahead...just start again, and take it a game at a time."

If the rules are that I can't slap windass about then I'd make the rest of the squad do that for 5 mins for missing chance after chance..

Problem is, we look at it from an emotional point of view as we love the club. I very much doubt a lot of them look at it from the same point of view.

There is a big difference from last season IMO... last season's squad I would have read the riot act and not let one of their arses touch the floor

I geniunely think this season's squad has the ability to be better than where they are, whether it is man management, a dressing room divide or other, they need to be motivated and create this "siege mentality" we hear so much about from the manager, but very rarely see.

Problem is, we look at it from an emotional point of view as we love the club. I very much doubt a lot of them look at it from the same point of view.

This. Maybe point out to them that the ones who aspire to play in a bigger league than the SPFL have no f**king chance if they can't beat the likes of Kilmarnock and Hearts. And for those who are so called Rangers men playing for 'their' club - where is your sense of pride? Point out that 50,000 people have turned up to watch them and they haven't been inspired to get out of their seats too many times over the last few games. Ask them to try something exciting, show a bit of passion, show why they're professional footballers and show why there shouldn't be a mob outside the front doors after every home game baying for their blood.

Back