If you could only pick one who would it be?

Which ex player would fit best in our current team and help win us the league?

• Goram

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gough

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • Ian ferguson

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Durrant

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Laudrup

Votes: 216 45.2%
  • Gazza

Votes: 87 18.2%
  • Albertz

Votes: 33 6.9%
  • Hateley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Mccoist

Votes: 75 15.7%

• Total voters
Gazza for me. Creative midfielder that can beat a man and a goal threat. Also Castore would never keep up with the strip demand with him on the back

Laudrup is the best player there, but it's Hateley we need.

Best all round striker we've had.

Terrorised defenders.

Ian Ferguson, to fit in with the OP`s stipulation `to fit best in our current team`.
Magnificent Bastard MKII.
Second choice for me. Clearly the middle of the park is the missing piece of the jigsaw... Jack I like but needs someone else beside him that's not Davis arfield or kamara. Albertz would be my choice but fergie would be almost as good.

Went for Gough. Need the ability, organisation and dedication in defence and permeating through the side from the captains inspiration.

Gazza for me despite Laudrup being the best player I've seen for us. I think he'd be involved in everything and bring extra out of every other player.

From those choices and from a tactical viewpoint id take Fergie.

It would be easy to pick God, but you'd have to drop Hagi or Kent to accommodate

Fully fit Gazza wins leagues on his own. Scores goals, creates goals, drives with the ball opens up teams with passes and direct running. Never shys away from the big games. Although I’d take any one of the others in my team too.

I voted for Gascoigne as I think we desperately need to replace one of our defensive midfielders (Kamara, Jack) with a more offensively minded midfielder who can speed up the transition from defence to attack.

Gazza would be perfect for that.

I also agree with others putting forward Barry Ferguson. His talent, aggression, drive and vision to pick a forward pass would be a great fit in that midfield 3.

Last edited:
Wish we had them all right now. But the great man Laudrup for some midfield inspiration.

For those putting forward Barry ferguson is Albertz not a superior goalscoring midfield option who hasn't sold his soul to the devil? There's a reason only 1 fergie made the list.

Laudrup.

Always the answer to this question.

I’d also kill for a Hateley in our side.
@sherbrook_loyal given the fact we have hagi and. Kent who are not our weak links and play the wide roles do you feel thats the area we need to fill most? If I was asking best player I'd expect Laudrup to win but given its a vote to improve what we currently have id expect gazza Albertz or fergie to be much higher up

Any one of them out with Goram would instantly make the team a different beast completely. Amazing to go through each one and imagine them in that team just now and what they’d add

I went with Fergie, not just because of his playing ability but also because he is a winner and I think would make sure everyone on the team knows what is required. If/when we sell Alfie this switches to Hateley as his replacement.

@sherbrook_loyal given the fact we have hagi and. Kent who are not our weak links and play the wide roles do you feel thats the area we need to fill most? If I was asking best player I'd expect Laudrup to win but given its a vote to improve what we currently have id expect gazza Albertz or fergie to be much higher up

Special players win games. You have a fair argument, but it's not a mistake to pick Laudrup here.

He'd have the sort of effect Bale has on the Welsh national team. There's a number of good players, but probably more somewhat mediocre ones. He pushes that team up a level when he's at his best.

Having Laudrup would mean our midfield wouldn't have to be as good. He'd drag us through games.

Which he kinda did when he was with us! :-D

Special players win games. You have a fair argument, but it's not a mistake to pick Laudrup here.

He'd have the sort of effect Bale has on the Welsh national team. There's a number of good players, but probably more somewhat mediocre ones. He pushes that team up a level when he's at his best.

Having Laudrup would mean our midfield wouldn't have to be as good. He'd drag us through games.

Which he kinda did when he was with us! :-D
Fair point

Laudrup for me but you could add Numan, de Boer twins,van bronckhorst, big Amo, butcher, fcuk this could be a long list

Goram is in most peoples opinion our best ever keeper. So it's testament to McGregor that (at the time of posting) nobody has cast a vote for "the Goalie"

You don't win titles without winning games, and you don't win games without scoring goals.

Which player would score the most goals?

c28fa474c25cb6feb7a72f9c2b6e329c--football-players-glasgow.jpg

Back