If you could only pick one who would it be?

Which ex player would fit best in our current team and help win us the league?

• Goram

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gough

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • Ian ferguson

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Durrant

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Laudrup

Votes: 216 45.2%
  • Gazza

Votes: 87 18.2%
  • Albertz

Votes: 33 6.9%
  • Hateley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Mccoist

Votes: 75 15.7%

• Total voters

Rangers daft

I'm not asking who is the best player but simply who would be the missing link in today's squad? I could have put a hundred other options but from the ones available who would you choose? Albertz for me. Back to front absolutely solid and that left peg from anywhere...those goals from outside are exactly what we lack in my opinion just now.

Laudrup, because, well, he’s Laudrup...

He would take one of the forward three roles and dominate and also mean we would then actually have decent backup from one of our current starters.

Albertz a decent option too though for goals from midfield. Almost any of them would dramatically increase our chances of winning the league.

The only one who probably wouldn’t make enough of a difference to push us on to win the league is Goram, even though I would obviously take him ahead of McGregor now, it’s not an area where we are noticeably lacking, and I don’t think the step up in quality would be enough to make the difference.

If/when Morelos goes we’ll need goals, a lot of them. There’s no one better than McCoist for that.

After that creativity in midfield is the next biggest issue so Gazza would be 2nd pick for me.

Not the best players on the list but ones that would best solve the issues in current team.

I’ve went Laudrup, our main issues come when up against a team with everyone behind the ball, Laudrups ability and skill would eradicate those issues.

Laudrup would be amazing, but I have gone for Mark Hateley, he is a player who could drag a team to a victory. Lightning fast, great shot, great in the air, could score goals from nothing and especially in those games where it just isn’t happening, he would bully a goal out of it.

Laudrup would be incredible, because he was incredible.

That being said I went for Super Ally, goals win games and for me he was the best at it I have ever seen.

There's an argument to be made for most on that list to be fair but its Super Ally for me.

I went for Gough and Laudrup

Gough for leadership was first pick

Laudrup could play on any side of the front 3

On a side note ,Noted a few pick Ian Ferguson ,noticed in recent years he’s been far more respected than he ever was when he played

Laudrup was my initial reaction, because he’s the best player I’ve ever seen us have.

But voted McCoist as I think our need for an out and out goal scorer will be more acute in the coming weeks. Having Laudrup would mean one of Kent, Hagi or Aribo drop out. Whilst that would obviously be an upgrade, we’d be taking a downgrade up front when Alfie goes. Having Super would be an upgrade without weakening us elsewhere.

Why’s that?
Goals outwith or central striker are our main issue. Not only did Albertz score loads butbecause of his ‘hammer’ personna it gets underplayed how good he was technically as a footballer. IMO of course his ability to score , score from distance and to create would be the determining factor.

Laudrup was my initial reaction, because he’s the best player I’ve ever seen us have.

But voted McCoist as I think our need for an out and out goal scorer will be more acute in the coming weeks. Having Laudrup would mean one of Kent, Hagi or Aribo drop out. Whilst that would obviously be an upgrade, we’d be taking a downgrade up front when Alfie goes. Having Super would be an upgrade without weakening us elsewhere.

Pretty much how I came to my choice of Super also.

Barry Ferguson is exactly what this team needs, born winner. Box to box. Moaning bassa.
We do not have that type of player and without getting that player, we will not win the league-
From those on the list, Laudrup for me, genius

Laudrup would be amazing, but I have gone for Mark Hateley, he is a player who could drag a team to a victory. Lightning fast, great shot, great in the air, could score goals from nothing and especially in those games where it just isn’t happening, he would bully a goal out of it.
Loved Hateley; but for Gascoigne, he would been my pick.

I'll go with laudrup, just by the way he made an immediate difference. Sheer artist of a player.

Having said that, I cant disagree with anyone else on here. Unless there is an option for them all.

Before voting I thought its an eay choice; Laudrup or Gazza. I picked Laudrup. Voting so far looks like my gut feeling wasn't far off.

Goram is the Goalie. But with McGregor we dont need him more than goals.
Same goes for Gough really.
What we missed last year was goals from midfield. So...

Ian Ferguson, to fit in with the OP`s stipulation `to fit best in our current team`.
Magnificent Bastard MKII.

Ian Ferguson knew how to insert a spine into his team mates and make the oppositions turn to jelly

Pre-leg-break McCoist is a very tempting choice there. Far better all round striker than he's given credit for because of how said injury affected him.

It's probably Laudrup though. Yeah, he might not be what's needed most, but his brand of magic would cover up all sorts of issues anyway.

When the poll contains the best football player most of us have ever seen in this country then it's only going to go one way.

Back