If you could relive just one game you have attended-Which one?

25 May 2003

Rangers 6-1 Dunfermline

I was 10 that day and I knew we had to win but I didn’t truly appreciate just how tight it was.

My dad, brother and myself all there together.

I’d appreciate the whole thing a lot more, the tension, the thrill of the whole game and bringing up our 50th league title.

Also it would be interesting to go back to a time where phones weren’t bringing constant updates.
This one for me too

Great post and you’ve obviously got some great memories from over the years. I was At the PSG v Rangers UEFA CUP 2001 and we beat them on penalties In Paris. The game had everything and the feeling of winning that night was unbelievable. . There are probably other matches and results that mean more like winning the title at parkhead etc but that night was very special for me.
Apart from a goal :D

Top username btw

For atmosphere wish. Red star belgrad away when we qualified for the champs league. 3 days of just pure nuts from there fans brilliant trip.

For results wise I enjoyed the Dunfermline last game of the season to win the league

Alex Miller last minute winner at the piggery, league cup final 86 Durrant and D Ferguson were outstanding that day. But if I could only choose one it would be winning the league at pittodrie.

I was at Barcelona in 1972 but my time machine game will always be the 1966 Scottish Cup Final replay.That night has been etched in my heart and mind's eye these past 53 years.

Can't tie it down to one.

1970 League cup final
1975 January v them 3-0
1975 Easter Road
1976 Hampden v Motherwell semi-final
1976 Hampden v Hearts final

Jump to 1990's v them 3-1 Ibrox (Sons first old firm game, they scored after a minute I think

Many many more since and hopefully many more to come

Great question

was thinking about Florence and many old firm victories but 1 game stuck out for me, the whole day was just perfect from start to end, goals came at right times, early... just before half time and right after half time

Dundee United 0 Rangers 3

Glasgow Rangers Champions!!!
I was at this game. Was absolutely wonderful. Such an easy day after feeling very nervous in The morning leading up to it.

5-1 Aug 88, the biggest gubbing dished out in my lifetime. I was 19 and had never witnessed us cuff them ever. It should have been 8. That's what you call a marker for the season. What a day that was. There's been great days since but what a revelation that was.

Rangers 3-2 Celtic Scottish cup final. Lovenkrands with 6 seconds to go. Watched it in Inverness and also banged a wee blonde crash barrier layer on that night. Happy heyday!! WATP.

Pittodrie 87, now 30 odd years later I don’t think I really appreciated how much that meant to the support at time, my all time favourite away day

Hard to beat this one for me too, although 55 probably will because of the depth of the recovery. Kiev & Parma push it close, and bizarrely the 2-1 defeat at Easter Road in the first game of that 86-87 season. It may be the only time I have walked away from a first day defeat absolutely convinced we would be champions!!!

Florence

37 at christmas so 26 back then we won the league all through my school days, mentally challengeds came back at us under o'Neil then we got our shit together again

But being where we have been and where we are now jesus christ i would give me right arm for a night like florence again

So difficult to choose a single match.

Let’s be honest, football is mostly rubbish and the moments that we remember are seconds within a match - a match which is entertaining is a rarity.
For that reason, the League Cup Final of 1987 would be my pick - it was a cracking game of football, some iconic moments and was a proper cup final with both teams going at each other.

Other notable contenders.. Leeds Utd at home in 1992 (I can remember very little of the match to be honest, it flashed by. The silence at McAllister’s goal sticks in my mind though); League decider in 1991 was a great occasion but I seem to remember it being a poor match for the majority; the 3-3 game with Them in 1995 was great fun to watch, and again iconic moments like the save from Van Hoodjonk.

Piggery in 99 I was almost next to the scum in their main stand and didn't want half time to end.
The perfect get in their heads moment they’ve never recovered to this day.

Hibs at Ibrox, late 60’s with my uncle Bill who is no longer with us. I’d no idea then that it would spark my life long love affair with Rangers and I’d just like to have the chance to thank him.

That was my first OF game. My maw wouldn’t let me go with my Dad and his pals as usual, but I decided to go with my wee mate anyway. We walked from Spittal to Hampden being careful to dodge the unwashed on route. Somehow we managed to get a lift over after being chased by the cops a few times. I was standing on a crash barrier when we scored. The older bears who were holding my legs let go, and the next thing I know I had bitten the red ash and had full grown Bears dancing on top of me. I was dazed for a bit but soon got into the celebrations. However, the state of my clothes and the chipped tooth took a bit of explaining to my maw later

My choice though would be Easter Road 1975. First title in 11 years in the best ever decade to watch football. The entire ground was full of Bears including the main terrace facing the stand. The feeling when Stein scored, and later when the whistle blew, will stay with me forever. Jock Wallace bringing on an injured John Greig for the last five minutes was a truly class move and put a polish on the day. JG had carried us through their nine, so it was fitting he be there that day and play a part. (Not just change into his kit at the final whistle)

I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many Pomange bottles in my life as I did that day.

That game at Easter Road is mine also, had been going to games with my mates on the fitba specials for about 2 seasons, that day travelled in the comfort of a Ford Anglia, still remember it rattling along the motorway. It was the busiest ground I had been in, it was incredible the number of bears who had travelled through. Remember having to stand on 4 cans to see most of the game. We were behind the goal when Colin Stein scored...bedlam, but so much joy. Definitely my favourite!

1973 Cup Final. I was at the front of the North enclosure and ran up the terracing into my Dad's arms at the end of the game.
So many others I could mention.
RIP Dad.

The Bayern Munich game is a great memory but for me it has to be my first visit to Ibrox when my Grandfather took me in 1962.

Back