If you could relive just one game you have attended-Which one?

I am 64 years young so have many great memories of Rangers many wonderful triumphs in my lifetime, so far! Perhaps strangely to some of you, mine would be the 1970 League Cup Final when Big Derek won us the cup with that brilliant goal against that unclean mob. We as lots of you no doubt know, had gone four and a half years since winning a trophy, so our end went mental at the end naturally. I am noted amongst folk that know me. as being a bit of a blether, especially about the teddy bears, but at that moment I was speechless! I also was in Barcelona in 1972, but the victory above to me personally eclipses that as it was also the last ever match I attended with my father who I will be eternally grateful to for taking me to Ibrox from age of three. Wish he had taken me earlier! Roll on 55 it IS coming! My first thread btw, after just reading other posts. Great everybody is always so happy!!;) So, what one game would be your choice, if you could relive it?

Great question

was thinking about Florence and many old firm victories but 1 game stuck out for me, the whole day was just perfect from start to end, goals came at right times, early... just before half time and right after half time

Dundee United 0 Rangers 3

Glasgow Rangers Champions!!!

25 May 2003

Rangers 6-1 Dunfermline

I was 10 that day and I knew we had to win but I didn’t truly appreciate just how tight it was.

My dad, brother and myself all there together.

I’d appreciate the whole thing a lot more, the tension, the thrill of the whole game and bringing up our 50th league title.

Also it would be interesting to go back to a time where phones weren’t bringing constant updates.

The DJ League Cup Final in 1970 was my first game against the Dhims, so has very happy memories for me as well @Marvin Keep Believing . However, I think I will opt for the three in a row clincher against the Sheep at Ibrox. The injuries before and during the match (young Tom Cowan played 10 minutes with a broken leg FFS), the departure of Souness, the dropped points in the run up - everything was on the line. That towering Hateley header and the atmosphere at Ibrox that day will live long in the memory.

Great post and you’ve obviously got some great memories from over the years. I was At the PSG v Rangers UEFA CUP 2001 and we beat them on penalties In Paris. The game had everything and the feeling of winning that night was unbelievable. . There are probably other matches and results that mean more like winning the title at parkhead etc but that night was very special for me.

25 May 2003

Rangers 6-1 Dunfermline

I was 10 that day and I knew we had to win but I didn’t truly appreciate just how tight it was.

I’d appreciate the whole thing a lot more, the tension, the thrill of the whole game and bringing up our 50th league title.

Also it would be interesting to go back to a time where phones weren’t bringing constant updates.
I can assure you that where I was sat in Club Deck, people’s phones were going off constantly. You couldn’t get internet on phones then so everyone had someone who was designated to provide updates from Kilmarnock

The DJ League Cup Final in 1970 was my first game against the Dhims, so has very happy memories for me as well @Marvin Keep Believing . However, I think I will opt for the three in a row clincher against the Sheep at Ibrox. The injuries before and during the match (young Tom Cowan played 10 minutes with a broken leg FFS), the departure of Souness, the dropped points in the run up - everything was on the line. That towering Hateley header and the atmosphere at Ibrox that day will live long in the memory.

My first game against them too VB.

I must admit you reminded me of another Aberdeen game. The 8IAR Gazza game. My son just absolutely loved it that day & I’ll never forget his face. That made it for me.

At a personal level I probably got those same feelings at that DJ game.

Have to mention Kiev at home though. Quite incredible atmosphere.

25 May 2003

Rangers 6-1 Dunfermline

This game for me. I was a bit older at 15 but I don’t really remember fully appreciating how mental that day was at the time.

I was the designated ‘score guy’ in my immediate section in the Broomloan courtesy of my pocket radio and I would love to just experience all the emotions of that day again.

My first game against them too VB.

I must admit you reminded me of another Aberdeen game. The 8IAR Gazza game. My son just absolutely loved it that day & I’ll never forget his face. That made it for me.

At a personal level I probably got those same feelings at that DJ game.

Have to mention Kiev at home though. Quite incredible atmosphere.

I contemplated the Gazza game as well mate. Another belter. As was Kiev. The 3IAR game had absolutely everything though.

Rangers can bring us so much joy.

25 May 2003

Rangers 6-1 Dunfermline

I was older than 10 haha, but as I wasn’t at the 72 final, Tannadice for 9IAR or Easter Road in 2005, I’d pick this match too.

So many to choose from, one of my all time favourites was the new year 4-2 game at the Piggery, the whole day was just mind blowing, myself and all my mates had tickets, walked from Duke St down to Parkhead amongst thousands of Bears, the atmosphere in the ground was incredible and of course we totally ripped them to shreds that day.

I’ve enjoyed reading through the posts, all good memories. I’m going to pick the Hibs game March 75. I was in the big terracing just up from the half way line with 2 mates. I don’t remember to much of the game except Colin Stein scoring and the place going mental. The trip back home was brilliant.

Back