If you could relive just one game you have attended-Which one?

25 May 2003

Rangers 6-1 Dunfermline

I was 10 that day and I knew we had to win but I didn’t truly appreciate just how tight it was.

My dad, brother and myself all there together.

I’d appreciate the whole thing a lot more, the tension, the thrill of the whole game and bringing up our 50th league title.

Also it would be interesting to go back to a time where phones weren’t bringing constant updates.
I came on here to post this. What a day.

I am 64 years young so have many great memories of Rangers many wonderful triumphs in my lifetime, so far! Perhaps strangely to some of you, mine would be the 1970 League Cup Final when Big Derek won us the cup with that brilliant goal against that unclean mob. We as lots of you no doubt know, had gone four and a half years since winning a trophy, so our end went mental at the end naturally. I am noted amongst folk that know me. as being a bit of a blether, especially about the teddy bears, but at that moment I was speechless! I also was in Barcelona in 1972, but the victory above to me personally eclipses that as it was also the last ever match I attended with my father who I will be eternally grateful to for taking me to Ibrox from age of three. Wish he had taken me earlier! Roll on 55 it IS coming! My first thread btw, after just reading other posts. Great everybody is always so happy!!;) So, what one game would be your choice, if you could relive it?
First old firm match dont remember the exact date might have been 2006-2007. Charlie adam put the freekick under the wall and kris boyd scored the other. The big jock knew chants went on for about 20 minutes the full stadium joined in.

Kiev, I was a teenager and that atmosphere was something I'll remember for the rest of my life.
The closest to it that I've experienced was the Leeds game in 92.
A privilege to be at both of those, but the fact that so many still remember that Kiev noise & it stands out from all the other games over a 30 year span is amazing.

1973 Scottish Cup Final.

I was 18, not a care in the world, and had a double on Sunderland and Rangers winning their respective cup finals.

I got my winnings on the Monday, but didn’t get my voice back until the Tuesday!

Was at the majority of the above and wouldn't take issue with any.
But the 76 SC semi also sticks out. 2-0 down to a right good Motherwell side at half-time.
Spent the interval at the front of the Rangers End dodging Pomagne bottles and it could have developed into a riot.
But a DJ-inspired fightback ended in a 3-2 win and the first Treble in 12 years was back on.
Yes, all of 12 years!
And who said BIg Wallace's team, under-rated as footballers, never went Route One?

I am 64 years young so have many great memories of Rangers many wonderful triumphs in my lifetime, so far! Perhaps strangely to some of you, mine would be the 1970 League Cup Final when Big Derek won us the cup with that brilliant goal against that unclean mob. We as lots of you no doubt know, had gone four and a half years since winning a trophy, so our end went mental at the end naturally. I am noted amongst folk that know me. as being a bit of a blether, especially about the teddy bears, but at that moment I was speechless! I also was in Barcelona in 1972, but the victory above to me personally eclipses that as it was also the last ever match I attended with my father who I will be eternally grateful to for taking me to Ibrox from age of three. Wish he had taken me earlier! Roll on 55 it IS coming! My first thread btw, after just reading other posts. Great everybody is always so happy!!;) So, what one game would be your choice, if you could relive it?

Brilliant thread MKB. Some brilliant memories brought out by your thread.

There are many matches I'd love to relive again & most of them are already mentioned above

One I haven't seen mentioned is the 1983 league cup final - Ally's hat trick aet

But The way the match un-folded and the sheer elation at lifting the cup in the end - will always live with me

Dont remember the date but Edvallson had scored two for them first half then one by Cooper and two by Smith in second half :)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):))
If I recall correctly, I don't think this game was televised due to a strike at BBC. I remember nearly being in tears at HT due to us losing 2-0. Remember going ballistic in East enclosure when we made it 3-2. Happy days

Gough last minute equaliser against them with 9 men and no goalie
They should have taken 10 off us that day , but you know the rest
, from the depths of despair to sheer an utter joy , best 2-2 of all tine

Excellent first thread OP!

Great to hear everyone’s experiences as a bear especially hearing from the older lads.

Rangers 2 Parma 0.

Best game I’ve ever attended, best atmosphere too. Can remember everything from that day as a kid from start to finish. Can even roll off the line up.

Same day as the solar eclipse too.

Marseille away, great trip & essentially a European Cup Semi Final. What an atmosphere, hair on the back of your neck job! and a magnificent Ian Durrant goal!

Like yourself same age, was at both games you describe, sorry impossible to say just one but other favourites are European games , Leeds, Bayern Munich semi final, dynamo Kiev, Celtic games 4-2 at parkhead 3 up after 20 mins, 5 -1 Ray Wilkins goal, 2-2 Gough last minute equaliser, (never ever heard a noise like it at Ibrox when he scored) last league game v Aberdeen 2-0 Hateley to win league, and plenty others I have missed.

League win at Rugby Park, 2011. I was a bag of nerves that day, mainly because I couldn't stomach the thought of one of, if not my no.1 Rangers idol, losing the title to that wee fucking rodent bastard in his last ever game.

We were near the front of the stand we were shooting into in the first half, nerves completely blown away in the first 7 minutes, absolute carnage!

Funny it’s not an OF win. It’s 11 May 91, beating Aberdeen 2-0 at home final day of the season. I was in the West Enclosure, place went nuts :))

If it was a game I didn’t attend but would love to go back in time if I could, then Leeds at Elland Road.

We won at Ibrox but yet all my English team supporting mates were pulling the ‘fluke result’ one leading up to the return. Bang, one of the best Rangers goals I’ve ever seen from big Hateley and hey ho..... all aboard the Smug Express. Toot toot!

Great memories!! Thanks to all the posters!!

For me, the choice was easy..
August 1969 Ibrox

My first OF game was on a Wednesday evening and getting to the top of the Rangers end and seeing -for the first time- the Stadium packed to the rafters ( literally as there were guys up on the supports for the covering) still gives makes me smile.

It was a warm summer night so much of the first half meant the setting sun was directly in the eyes of the Rangers fans as the Yahoos stole a lead up to half time.

Baxter was back and he started pulling the strings in the second half and with goals from Persson and Johnston the last few minutes of the game seen JB playing keepie up, me clinging to a concrete support watching above head height as every Rangers fan sang time after time after time till the final whistle blew.....

We Are The People We Are The People

I was 12 years old

Great memories!! Thanks to all the posters!!

For me, the choice was easy..
August 1969 Ibrox

My first OF game was on a Wednesday evening and getting to the top of the Rangers end and seeing -for the first time- the Stadium packed to the rafters ( literally as there were guys up on the supports for the covering) still gives makes me smile.

It was a warm summer night so much of the first half meant the setting sun was directly in the eyes of the Rangers fans as the Yahoos stole a lead up to half time.

Baxter was back and he started pulling the strings in the second half and with goals from Persson and Johnston the last few minutes of the game seen JB playing keepie up, me clinging to a concrete support watching above head height as every Rangers fan sang time after time after time till the final whistle blew.....

We Are The People We Are The People

I was 12 years old
Yeah that was my second OF game, another great memory and revenge for my first game against them which was in the April of that year. Don't worry I won.t remind you of the score:mad:

There are a good few that I could pick but I have to say that my favourite has to be Souness's first match in charge...The Glasgow Cup Final at Ibrox...Rangers 3 v Celtic 2 with an underachieving McCoist at the time scoring a Hat-trick.

Of course it was not a major honour but that Friday night we all knew including the Tims that the tide was going to turn in our favour majestically. For 3 years since 13 I was going to matches hoping we were going to do big things with new record signings in Craig Paterson, etc but it was always a false dawn and sitting watching us draw against Clydebank in a 16,000 crowd with the biggest cheer of the day when Davie Cooper's name being announced prior to kick off.

Tough times following us in the 80's especially when reading old Evening Citizen newspapers stuck up the loft headlining our greats in Baxter, Henderson and Greig, etc.

It was a great feeling during that Souness era and hope our young bears experience it with Gerrard at the helm.

The game MoJo scores the last minute winner as they took years to recover from it. There are many better games but this one had a profound effect on our friends even more than helicopter Sunday.

That was my first OF game. My maw wouldn’t let me go with my Dad and his pals as usual, but I decided to go with my wee mate anyway. We walked from Spittal to Hampden being careful to dodge the unwashed on route. Somehow we managed to get a lift over after being chased by the cops a few times. I was standing on a crash barrier when we scored. The older bears who were holding my legs let go, and the next thing I know I had bitten the red ash and had full grown Bears dancing on top of me. I was dazed for a bit but soon got into the celebrations. However, the state of my clothes and the chipped tooth took a bit of explaining to my maw later

My choice though would be Easter Road 1975. First title in 11 years in the best ever decade to watch football. The entire ground was full of Bears including the main terrace facing the stand. The feeling when Stein scored, and later when the whistle blew, will stay with me forever. Jock Wallace bringing on an injured John Greig for the last five minutes was a truly class move and put a polish on the day. JG had carried us through their nine, so it was fitting he be there that day and play a part. (Not just change into his kit at the final whistle)

I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many Pomange bottles in my life as I did that day.

Last edited:
Rangers 2 Aberdeen 0 (May 1991)

Last game of the season. Title decided with Rangers needing to win or the sheep would be champions.

In the got into the West Enclosure with what I'm sure was a forged ticket; which I bought outside the ground. As I was walking away the tout got arrested!!! The Police were checking all tickets before you even got to the turnstiles so I was so scared I was going to be turned away. I was just a kid then and I was lucky enough to get a policewoman who, I'm sure, took pity on me and let me through. That one act of kindness enabled me to enjoy the best game of my life...and gave me a different opinion of the police.

There's a great trip down memory lane with Mark Hateley on: https://rangers.co.uk/news/features/classic-match-aberdeen-91/

Killie 1-5 Rangers.
Winning 3IAR, an amazing day out followed by a lads holiday to Magaluf in the early hours of the Monday. A week of celebration :))

Back