If you could relive just one game you have attended-Which one?

Dont remember the date but Edvallson had scored two for them first half then one by Cooper and two by Smith in second half :)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):))

Was at this game as well. Pretty sure Derek Johnstone not Cooper scored in between Smith's 2 goals.
Definitely high up in my favourite games list.
Going to resist picking a number 1 & save it for the game when we win 55, {hopefully at Ibrox} coz it will then be my no.1 for ever :) The emotion that day will be something else.

Last edited:
Has to be for me the 87 league cup final the sheer drama of the penalty shoot out and the utter joy when Nicholson missed. And of course that free kick. The following year is a good shout as well

As a 1 off game it’s very difficult, probably the 6-1 game against Dunfermline to win the league under big Eck, the league must have changed hands several times over the course of 90 minutes, smart phones weren’t a thing then so we were still relying on guys with a radio.
The feeling when they missed their penalty and Arteta scored ours was incredible, the feeling will stay with me forever.

As will the bus journey home, I live in Killie so our RSC bus going back down the M77 as all the mutants went in the other direction from Rugby Park was delightful, just non stop abuse from our bus to theirs.

I am 64 years young so have many great memories of Rangers many wonderful triumphs in my lifetime, so far! Perhaps strangely to some of you, mine would be the 1970 League Cup Final when Big Derek won us the cup with that brilliant goal against that unclean mob. We as lots of you no doubt know, had gone four and a half years since winning a trophy, so our end went mental at the end naturally. I am noted amongst folk that know me. as being a bit of a blether, especially about the teddy bears, but at that moment I was speechless! I also was in Barcelona in 1972, but the victory above to me personally eclipses that as it was also the last ever match I attended with my father who I will be eternally grateful to for taking me to Ibrox from age of three. Wish he had taken me earlier! Roll on 55 it IS coming! My first thread btw, after just reading other posts. Great everybody is always so happy!!;) So, what one game would be your choice, if you could relive it?
73 cup final, beat them 3-2, crowd was huge but aged 14 we didnt know it would be the last six figure attendance

Rangers 4 v hearts 0 April 1989 . We clinched the first of the nine in a row . The first time i was actually there to see us win the league . Was in the east enclosure and was an amazing day

Can’t decide between the Tam Forsyth cup final in 1973 or winning our first title in eleven years at Easter Road in 1975.

It’s memories like that that soften the blow of getting old.
This is exactly the same dilemma I have. We're clearly of the same vintage!
If I was forced to decide I think 1973 just shaves it. Then again ...

87 LCF
No Woods or Butcher as they were sent off the week before v the bheasts.
Go behind to an early penalty then Durrants brilliant equaliser followed by THAT free kick.
Lose two goals in the second half then the Rangers end sucks in a last minute equaliser and go on to win on pens.
Had all the emotions of football in one game.

ECWCF 1972 easily for me, closely followed by the big Tam Forsyth's volley from 2 inches in centenary cup final

PSV 2 Teddies 3
Best night of my Gers supporting life
Followed closely by the Alex Venters post above

Elland Road is up there for me but just eclipsed by the Hateley master class league decider against the mutton molestors.

Rangers 3 - 2 Porto, 2005
That game put me through the wringer emotionally and what an atmosphere. Even the Club Deck was bouncing that night.

Colin Stein at Easter Road 1974/75 game were we won the league.
i was in behind the goal when he scored it.
But my abiding memory of this game Is after it.
We eventually got to the top of Easter Road and looked back down.
A sea of Rangers fans in utter delight I can still see it to this day.

Brilliant point. I was a wee boy but that walk up Easter Road just 100% full of bears singing was amazing. What a memory.

Funny it’s not an OF win. It’s 11 May 91, beating Aberdeen 2-0 at home final day of the season. I was in the West Enclosure, place went nuts :))

If it was a game I didn’t attend but would love to go back in time if I could, then Leeds at Elland Road.

We won at Ibrox but yet all my English team supporting mates were pulling the ‘fluke result’ one leading up to the return. Bang, one of the best Rangers goals I’ve ever seen from big Hateley and hey ho..... all aboard the Smug Express. Toot toot!

The second goal at Leeds was a brilliant counter attack too :D

1974: 1-6 away to Dunfermline. I was just 16 and the two Derek were my heroes. 5 goals to big DP and 1 goal to big DJ.
All away games I attended back in 70's were special occasions for I was travelling on the Braes Bar bus from Saltcoats. Great times, great characters and great lasting memories.

Great memories!! Thanks to all the posters!!

For me, the choice was easy..
August 1969 Ibrox

My first OF game was on a Wednesday evening and getting to the top of the Rangers end and seeing -for the first time- the Stadium packed to the rafters ( literally as there were guys up on the supports for the covering) still gives makes me smile.

It was a warm summer night so much of the first half meant the setting sun was directly in the eyes of the Rangers fans as the Yahoos stole a lead up to half time.

Baxter was back and he started pulling the strings in the second half and with goals from Persson and Johnston the last few minutes of the game seen JB playing keepie up, me clinging to a concrete support watching above head height as every Rangers fan sang time after time after time till the final whistle blew.....

We Are The People We Are The People

I was 12 years old

Slightly before my time. Great story ;)

I am 64 years young so have many great memories of Rangers many wonderful triumphs in my lifetime, so far! Perhaps strangely to some of you, mine would be the 1970 League Cup Final when Big Derek won us the cup with that brilliant goal against that unclean mob. We as lots of you no doubt know, had gone four and a half years since winning a trophy, so our end went mental at the end naturally. I am noted amongst folk that know me. as being a bit of a blether, especially about the teddy bears, but at that moment I was speechless! I also was in Barcelona in 1972, but the victory above to me personally eclipses that as it was also the last ever match I attended with my father who I will be eternally grateful to for taking me to Ibrox from age of three. Wish he had taken me earlier! Roll on 55 it IS coming! My first thread btw, after just reading other posts. Great everybody is always so happy!!;) So, what one game would be your choice, if you could relive it?
The drybrough cup finale
drybourgh cup finale 1979 I was 17 years old to see them 2 goals Sandy & coop scored what a day still have match programme to

To many to mention but a few I'd love to relive.

Rangers 2 Marseille 2 (What a noise when Hateley scored)
Rangers 2 Leeds 1 (Brilliant night)
Celtic 0 Rangers 1 (Rod Wallace near the end after Albertz had missed a penalty)
Rangers 2 Celtic 1 (God and McCoist in the semi-final)
Rangers 3 Celtic 2 (Lovenkrands final)
Rangers 2 Parma 0
PSG 0 Rangers 0 (Madness after the penalty shoot out)

Weirdly enough, not the game itself as we lost 2-1 to the mentally challengeds at the dump, but the game that brought our 44 game (I think) unbeaten run to an end. They had all left the stadium and we stayed and sang our hearts out. The police had to chuck us out at the end, great show of defiance.

I’ve been to the majority of games listed previously by other posters, all brilliant.
However, for some reason, I have very good memories of our trip to Leverkusen, drove their with the wife (no pics).
Stayed in Holland, Cologne and a pub just round from the stadium.
Match and atmosphere was brilliant, that Ferguson turn that sent 3 Bayer players to the shops.
1st time Rangers had won away in Europe for years.

I can assure you that where I was sat in Club Deck, people’s phones were going off constantly. You couldn’t get internet on phones then so everyone had someone who was designated to provide updates from Kilmarnock

That's true I should've said phones without the internet. It must've been near the end of the portable radio days before internet phones took over. Used to be a lot of old boys in the Club Deck who would have the headphones in listening away.

Ah the days of getting the score updates from five rows back travelling down the stand:)).

Not been to many "big" games for various reasons so the one i would pick would be Porto at home in 2005, loudest game I've ever been to and scoring the winner with a few minutes left was amazing.

Both from 2010

Edu Old Firm game - There was much fanfare due to the arrival of Robbie Keane for them. Two minutes into the game Kevin Thomson put Keane in his place and he wasn't interested. 90 minutes later the league was all but over.

St Mirren Cup Final 2010 - That cnut Thomson was out to do us that day, Kenny netting the winner with 9 men on the park and seeing Walter truly delighted.

2 May 1987. Rangers win the league at Pittodrie in Graeme Souness' first season in charge. A brilliant header by Terry Butcher secures the required point as Falkirk beat mhanks at Paedoheid. I was on the park with my Union Jack. Championi Championi!!

My first one.

3-0 win over Hibs in 1990/91 season.

It's etched in my memory. I was 10. I remember the noise, the smells (pies!), everything.

As a kid who was obsessed it was one of the greatest moments in my life, and something I'll forever cherish. I'd love to go back and do it again. Just to remember the awe I felt sat in my seat in the Govan. After that day I knew it would always be part of me and it is.

I am of similar vintage - 67 - with first game at Ibrox in 1964.
So many good times , and a few bad ones, but I think the 6-1 against Dunfermline just shades it for me.
The tension of the day, the elation at the end and the drive back to North Yorkshire on a total 'high' made it complete.

This game for me. I was a bit older at 15 but I don’t really remember fully appreciating how mental that day was at the time.

I was the designated ‘score guy’ in my immediate section in the Broomloan courtesy of my pocket radio and I would love to just experience all the emotions of that day again.

I didn’t include this is my reckoning. I think that’s because I was the same - I didn’t appreciate what a big deal it was at the time!

Quite surprised at the lack of video footage on this thread.

I posted earlier that my favourite - from a long, long list -was probably the three-in-a-row clincher against the Sheep that we won 2-0, including that towering header from Hateley.

Here ya go (the video quality is shite though). Skip to 6 minutes if you only want the celebrations. Still brings a tear all these years later.

Last edited:
Back