If you could relive just one game you have attended-Which one?

Us 3 them 2, 2-0 to them at half time Edvalson scored both if memory serves, Cooper, Smith and Russell's first season, no moaning from the support at halftime we knew we were going to beat them and gave them a doing

Too many to only pick one so top 3 in order,
1 Rangers 2 Juventus 0
2 Rangers 3 Hearts 1 Scf first cup final attended.
3 Rangers 5 Celtic 1 spl. Same season we beat then 4-1 in the other home game.

May 2nd 1987 , first time Rangers win the league in 9 years, if we win the league this year and the celebratin is even a quarter as good then the young bears will never forget it

Quite surprised at the lack of video footage on this thread.

I posted earlier that my favourite - from a long, long list -was probably the three-in-a-row clincher against the Sheep that we won 2-0, including that towering header from Hateley.

Here ya go (the video quality is shite though). Skip to 6 minutes if you only want the celebrations. Still brings a tear all these years later.

Thank you for posting the video. That was an awesome day/night/summer etc for us all, and how proud we all were with a much depleted squad.:))

I had been on a few European away trips the tender age of 22 but this night was special as PSV were undefeated at home in European competition. Some sublime football that night. 29 mins in for Russells winner. What a ball from wee Tam Calimero.

I had been on a few European away trips the tender age of 22 but this night was special as PSV were undefeated at home in European competition. Some sublime football that night. 29 mins in for Russells winner. What a ball from wee Tam Calimero.
Yeah I remember watching that game on the telly. Was an amazing result and performance. One of our greatest away wins in Europe. Calimero! That brings back the memories! About the best crosser of a ball I think I have ever seen.:)

Colin Stein at Easter Road 1974/75 game were we won the league.
i was in behind the goal when he scored it.
But my abiding memory of this game Is after it.
We eventually got to the top of Easter Road and looked back down.
A sea of Rangers fans in utter delight I can still see it to this day.

I was right in against the fence when Stein scored his bullet header and what an almighty crush there was. As a 10 year old it was a tad scary but what a memory on my Dads shoulders at the top of Easter Road after the game looking back on the thousands of celebrating bears. Official attendance was 38500- what a laugh there must have been nearer 45- 50000.

Not my favourite game, but I remember thinking before and after the Scottish Cup final in 2000 (4-0 v Aberdeen) that we would dominate for years and make our mark in Europe.

Everything seemed to go to shit after that. But that day I was 19 with my whole life ahead of me and we were unstoppable. Or so I thought.

I know there were better ones but one of the first ones that always comes to me is (2003) Stuttgart at Ibrox in the CL, 2-1 I think it was. Nerlinger and lovenkrands. What an atmosphere that match was

2nd May 1999
ENcdvIJ.gif

I am 64 years young so have many great memories of Rangers many wonderful triumphs in my lifetime, so far! Perhaps strangely to some of you, mine would be the 1970 League Cup Final when Big Derek won us the cup with that brilliant goal against that unclean mob. We as lots of you no doubt know, had gone four and a half years since winning a trophy, so our end went mental at the end naturally. I am noted amongst folk that know me. as being a bit of a blether, especially about the teddy bears, but at that moment I was speechless! I also was in Barcelona in 1972, but the victory above to me personally eclipses that as it was also the last ever match I attended with my father who I will be eternally grateful to for taking me to Ibrox from age of three. Wish he had taken me earlier! Roll on 55 it IS coming! My first thread btw, after just reading other posts. Great everybody is always so happy!!;) So, what one game would be your choice, if you could relive it?

Good topic mate, welcome to FF.

I would love to go to my first ever Rangers game, just for the reason that I haven’t a clue which one it was!!! It would have been 1963-64 when I was 9, but apart from that I don’t remember a thing about it. :)):)):))

It would have been the title win at the 'crime scene' however as I will never set foot in the place again I will go for the 3-2 Lovenkrands final.

Gazza 8IAR.

I’m not afraid to admit it, I had tears that day. Was only young so didn’t know that I should try and stifle them. The emotion of that day was too much for me.

McCoists lasts old firm goal as we pumped Gadds Army 2-1 in the scottish cup semi @ the piggery. Albertz scoring the other with aman amazing solo run and finish. Think he scored 2 similar goals in back to back old firms that year. Burley got a late consolation for the filth.

My first game at Ibrox ,think i was about 5 y.o. my uncle took me i'm sure it was a night game under the floodlights and i'm sure it was against Arsenal, uncle bought me a Rangers tammy which i cherished for years till it literally came apart.

1980 at the pigsty windy Miller 2-1 Rangers end went mental and i'm sure we stayed there singing till around 5.15pm.

1986 Skol cup final 2-1 v tims, Pittodrie 1987 to win the league ,in with the sheep, when Butcher scored there were hundreds of bears going mental, Parma at home first game with my son, he was 5 threw him up in air in East Enclosure, lucky he missed the roof above.

Edu last minute and Kenny Miller header, 9 men, league cup final are up there.

But the game I most enjoyed was a regular win against them at Ibrox, 4-2 september 2011. Just who I was with, the run up to the game, the chaos at the goals. Just the best day out at the football I've probably ever had.

Last edited:
Rangers v Aberdeen to win the league. walters first. Half the team injured. Followed closely by Artetas penalty to win the league on goal difference and Suton to then have a meltdown. I do remember a NY game at Celtic Park where I thought I would have a haemorrhage if we scored again...Mico ran amok.

I am 64 years young so have many great memories of Rangers many wonderful triumphs in my lifetime, so far! Perhaps strangely to some of you, mine would be the 1970 League Cup Final when Big Derek won us the cup with that brilliant goal against that unclean mob. We as lots of you no doubt know, had gone four and a half years since winning a trophy, so our end went mental at the end naturally. I am noted amongst folk that know me. as being a bit of a blether, especially about the teddy bears, but at that moment I was speechless! I also was in Barcelona in 1972, but the victory above to me personally eclipses that as it was also the last ever match I attended with my father who I will be eternally grateful to for taking me to Ibrox from age of three. Wish he had taken me earlier! Roll on 55 it IS coming! My first thread btw, after just reading other posts. Great everybody is always so happy!!;) So, what one game would be your choice, if you could relive it?

Lovenkrands Cup Final what a way to win the cup

3-2 against the mentally challengeds stopping them winning the league at Ibrox.

The League Cup final vs St Mirren with Kenny Miller and the pigeon will live long in the memory too. How we managed to pull that out of the bag I will never know.

Back