If you want to destroy that mob the tactics have been done before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gio#56

If you want to destroy that mob you play 4-3-3 with everyone fighting and winning their battles as how Knutsen set out with Bodo. Ye its a tall ask for Roofe but they broke and capitalised scoring 5 goals. Not once did they rely on the lad holding the ball up with a defender up their arse, on how it would likely unfold with playing Alfie. And relying on him to pick out runners.

They broke from their own half with pace and fast passing. Celtic could not handle and their positions were all over the place. The game is calling out for Ramsay to be the man who picks out he likes of Kent when they are in our half..

I am feeling more confident that I originally did when the Morelos news broke. We need to play a different style and if we play with pace and passing forward we win.

We played 433 against them last time and we couldn't get near Roofe to help him, he cannot play as a lone striker.

It has to be 352.

Hence why I highlighted the importance of Ramsey. We will also have Jack and Lundstram this time.

We played 4-0-3 mate, there was basically no midfield v them

We’re going into this game with likely not a single midfielder the started the Parkhead game starting this one

watch both bodo gimt games, they dont like when you break fast and pass. This might work out for us. Yes I would always play alfie but they are likely to come at us like they did with bodo. Ramsey could be key.

We played 4-0-3 mate, there was basically no midfield v them

We’re going into this game with likely not a single midfielder the started the Parkhead game starting this one
Roofe has proven he cannot play as a lone striker countless times.

Roofe has proven he cannot play as a lone striker countless times.

When you play 4-3-3 your tactics can change so you are not holding play up but are running into space, movement for passes. I agree Roofe cant do a holding up job. So we do what bodo did.

Teams in Scotland stand off Celtc and allow them to dominate play and win games. In Europe, its the polar opposite. Foreign teams run at their defence, and they leak goals.

due to how they play (commit). We need to be box clever here. When we break we go gung ho like bodo. They cant defend on the backfoot. They rely on the opposition to slow down their attack to get back into position.

due to how they play (commit). We need to be box clever here. When we break we go gung ho like bodo.

They are one of the worst Peasant sides in decades. Their endless European humiliations just confirm that reality. Sunday is our last throw of the dice in the League. We have no option but to attack for 90 minutes. If we sit in, we will lose.

They are one of the worst Peasant sides in decades. Their endless European humiliations just confirm that reality. Sunday is our last throw of the dice in the League. We have no option but to attack for 90 minutes. If we sit in, we will lose.

I see it differently m8, I see it as allowing them to come into our half the way bodo did, then when we get possession we break like them. By never slowing down you dont rely on Alfie. Its forward passing right to their goal. Just do what Bodo did home and away.

Ramsey could be key and I would have that young loanee on the bench (The one everyone wants rid of)

We'll presumably start with Bassey instead of Barasic too so will be more forward thinking in possession of the ball instead passing back the way.

I wouldn't be entirely shocked if they second guess themselves like we did there and try and play counter/press and end up doing neither.

Our starting 11 will be night and day from the last game against them.

We went into that game with Diallo, one natural CB, an off form midfield, Aribo just off the plane from AFCON and Roofe who had hardly played.

Much stronger position this Sunday

Losing Alfie is a major blow for us. When he plays well, we play well.

It is going to kill us in Europe imo.

Not throwing the towel in against Celtic though. I don't think this is a good celtic team at all and they can be got at if we are up for it.

Our starting 11 will be night and day from the last game against them.

We went into that game with Diallo, one natural CB, an off form midfield, Aribo just off the plane from AFCON and Roofe who had hardly played.

Much stronger position this Sunday
Found a far better home for Kamara now as well, took Gio a while to learn how to use him, how he was at Celtic wasn't it.

With the best will in the world as well you would like to hope we don't get a display like Borna turned in, hard to compensate for just how bad he was

Forget formations. We have to be extremely compact in our shape off the ball and when we win the ball back it's essential we attack quickly and into the space.

And kick Jota and McGregor so they know they are in a game instead of thinking they can do what they want!

V
Gio also has a far better understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the players, and has shown he can switch things if Plan A fails.
I’m confident in the gaffer for Sun

We shouldn't have anything to fear...their Euro opponents certainly didn't and dealt with them accordingly...Am sure Gio et al will have watched those games closely.

We played 433 against them last time and we couldn't get near Roofe to help him, he cannot play as a lone striker.

It has to be 352.
It wouldn't have mattered what formation we started with against them. We totally collapsed and lost the game within the first 20 mins. I still can't believe how badly we started against them.

We need to be in their faces from the off. In the refs ear. The phantom of the opera will be barking at column from the off, we need to do the same.

It has to be 352.

It has to be 352.
We weren’t setup to win any midfield battle as he played with Kamara, Aribo and Arfield as the midfield 3. That’s a very very poor midfield 3 for a game where you need to fight like %^*& and win your battles all over the park.

We also stupidly played Bassey centre half and Barisic was rubbish left back and has subsequently been dropped. We were much better with Bassey on the left and Balogun in the middle.

Tomorrow it’ll likely be a completely different midfield 3 as well and it will make all the difference in the world, Lundstram and Jack certainly won’t lack the battle and drive that Kamara and Aribo do when things are not going well for them. Ramsey is a significant upgrade with real ability to supply chances to Roofe.

Not to mention Diallo won’t be starting, perhaps Aribo will be played there, where he can be effective.

It’s going to be a very very different team.

Whatever formation he picks it’s up to the players to put in the work,Go for it from the start the team that wants it most will win and we need to be on the front foot from the start .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back