If you were allowed to pick our next midfield signing...

After watching championship play offs - realistically neither are likely but

Harrison Reede
Tom Cairney

the poster that suggest Fran Sergio in the first leg at Ibrox he was sensational - someone in that mould would be ideal (not necessarily him)

I liked the look of the big guy Palhinha that played for Braga last season.

there is value in the Portuguese league if you get in early enough - Paulinho for example cost £700k - Fran Sergio 1.5m - Galeno 3m

all day long .... also consider ridle baku from 1fc mainz
Not Swift, he wouldnt hack it here.

Quite a lazy player, good shot and set piece taker but does not track back well and is quite poor defensively.

You want someone from Reading, Rinhamota is your guy. Energetic and great engine.
y

Out of all the midfielders linked I was hoping we'd get Patrik Hrosovsky as he's got experience at winning things and has been a captain.

I also wouldn't mind Muhamed Besic from Everton he's not in there plans anytime I've seen him play he's impressed me always looks to play the ball forward quickly and can cover the ground quickly

100%. Our midfield controls games for fun at a really high level.

That’s true, but the problem we have is that the majority of teams in the SPFL have no interest in making a game of it against us so are happy to cede possession, stick ten men behind the ball and try and foul and frustrate their way to a point or three.

We have lacked a considerable degree of creativity and directness in our attempts to counteract that tactic and it’s that we need to address, IMO.

This is going to sound daft, but when I first seen Billy Gilmour for Chelsea, I instantly thought he has something which we need. The ability to see things quickly and find a forward pass to start attacks.

if we could find someone in that mould with a bit more physical presence for 3-4 million it would be great/

This is going to sound daft, but when I first seen Billy Gilmour for Chelsea, I instantly thought he has something which we need. The ability to see things quickly and find a forward pass to start attacks.

if we could find someone in that mould with a bit more physical presence for 3-4 million it would be great/

What about asking for Billy on loan for a season or two as with the Signings Chelsea are making I doubt he’s getting much game time !

Ettiene Capoue from Watford in the ‘destroyer’ role. I would imagine there will be interest from the EPL and he’d be on decent wages, and he is 32. Doesn’t fit the ‘profile’ of someone to buy cheap and sell for a profit but he’s be an experienced head.

Connor Gallagher on loan from Chelsea. Creative midfielder, doubt he’s going to get the same chance Mount got this season. Excelled in the Championship for Charlton then Swansea and I’d imagine he’ll be put out on loan for another year. Worth a shot?

What about asking for Billy on loan for a season or two as with the Signings Chelsea are making I doubt he’s getting much game time !

Would be a great deal if it was to happen. He looks like he can drive a forward with his passing and ability to play on the ‘half turn’.

Only concern is The SPL hatchet men would be desperate to leave their mark on him.

That’s true, but the problem we have is that the majority of teams in the SPFL have no interest in making a game of it against us so are happy to cede possession, stick ten men behind the ball and try and foul and frustrate their way to a point or three.

We have lacked a considerable degree of creativity and directness in our attempts to counteract that tactic and it’s that we need to address, IMO.

Which is where the front 3 come in. I believe the theory is to be more fluid and dynamic in our attacking sense rather than depending on Alfie to pull us out of a hole. I don't know much about Itten but Roofe will create far more space for the other forwards with his movement and link up play than Alfie does currently.

Reactions: cav
Matty Longstaff is a realistic one and out of contract

Harrison Reed stood out for Fulham but may be out our budget

I have always liked James McArthur and think he could do a job. No resale value though.

Would be a great deal if it was to happen. He looks like he can drive a forward with his passing and ability to play on the ‘half turn’.

Only concern is The SPL hatchet men would be desperate to leave their mark on him.

Should definitely be looked at .

do we reckon the annual liverpool loanees will be coming this year?
CM i would actually look at Ryan Gauld or Lewis Ferguson for the decent amount of pro football and young enough to be improved type midfielder
For the first team ready midfielder i wouldnt mind testing if Arsenal would loan out Guendouzi. Arteta seems to have gone right off him as a player so could see his opportunities being limited next year

do we reckon the annual liverpool loanees will be coming this year?
CM i would actually look at Ryan Gauld or Lewis Ferguson for the decent amount of pro football and young enough to be improved type midfielder
For the first team ready midfielder i wouldnt mind testing if Arsenal would loan out Guendouzi. Arteta seems to have gone right off him as a player so could see his opportunities being limited next year

From Gauld to Ferguson to Guendouzi lol

I’d love us to try and get someone from the Belgian market again. Someone like Samuel Bastien. Can go forward well and score from outside box but can also hold his own and defend. Also only 23 so sell on potential.

Was the link around Lundstrum just pish? I was hoping it was true but he’s probably a £10m+ player

We are crying out for a midfielder that knows the goals are actually in front of him and not out on the sidelines. Far too many balls played square in the middle of the park.

Someone with a good penetrating forward pass or is willing to have a skelp from30 yards sometimes.

Too many points have been lost in the last seasons because we don't hammer home our superiority into goals and leave ourselves exposed to doing something stupid later on.

Folk shouting for a mid to shoot from 30 yards is just crazy talk. The guy would get slaughtered in the stadium and on here just like guys like Charlie Adam,we need something that’s for sure
I would get a proper Dm and push jack up one remember jack scored a few worldies last year, he’s more than capable of strikes from distance

Folk shouting for a mid to shoot from 30 yards is just crazy talk. The guy would get slaughtered in the stadium and on here just like guys like Charlie Adam,we need something that’s for sure
I would get a proper Dm and push jack up one remember jack scored a few worldies last year, he’s more than capable of strikes from distance
We mean someone who regularly finds the target and at least works the goalie. Hollywood Charlie more often than not found the stand.

Was the link around Lundstrum just pish? I was hoping it was true but he’s probably a £10m+ player

Lundstrum is a box to box midfielder. We seem to be in the market for a defensive mid. Davis is the best #6 at the club but at his age we can't expect him to play 50-60 games, look at how his form fell off a cliff after we burnt him out last season.

Back