If you were allowed to pick our next midfield signing...

Someone mentioned him earlier.
A rumour?
Nothing on any media sites but similar to hagi highly rated player not hit the heights at parent club so reguarly loaned out looks like Dijon want him which is quite a step down and means he should be attainable if the club want him

Peter Michorl - LASK

A midfielder who can shoot and score from long range. Accurate from set pieces too.

5 goals and 13 assists in the Austrian top flight last season according to Transfermarkt. Could play him slightly further forward than Jack or Kamara. He’s got that creativity from midfield that we desire.

Some of his threaded through balls on that YouTube clip (Yes I know) is something we don’t really have.

Peter Michorl - LASK

A midfielder who can shoot and score from long range. Accurate from set pieces too.

5 goals and 13 assists in the Austrian top flight last season according to Transfermarkt. Could play him slightly further forward than Jack or Kamara. He’s got that creativity from midfield that we desire.

Some of his threaded through balls on that YouTube clip (Yes I know) is something we don’t really have.

Sure I read somewhere his release clause expired recently.

No idea what he’d cost and he wouldn’t come, but I like Mark Noble.

Also like Jonjo Shelvey. Again, not realistic.

Hogg at Huddersfield isn’t bad either.

I think our midfield is seriously underrated. We completely dominate games week in and week out. Our issue has been the front three - Buff stopped scoring and unfortunately he doesn’t play the final ball for anybody else very often (Saturday being a welcome exception). At this moment in time Hagi,Kent and the Buff don’t score enough as a three.

You can legitimately criticise the midfield for not contributing enough goals but I think Aribo moving one back will remedy that to some extent. All that said if we can get another to pay RM who can carry the ball and chip in I won’t say no. I don’t have a name but in our new price range France would be the place to look.

Peter Michorl - LASK

seen him mentioned before, like look of him

Idriz Voca plays for FC Luzern in Switzerland. Kosovan International. 23 years old.

Galatasary are reportedly interested in him. Defensive midfield type. Only a year left to run on his deal.

Likes to ping passes about.

Also quite liked the look of Patrik Hrošovský. A player we've already been linked with, plays at Genk.

Also really like the lad Valerian Gvilia from Legia Warsaw. He's more of an attacking option than the two I've previously posted. Be happy with any of them.

Last edited:
I think our midfield is seriously underrated. We completely dominate games week in and week out. Our issue has been the front three - Buff stopped scoring and unfortunately he doesn’t play the final ball for anybody else very often (Saturday being a welcome exception). At this moment in time Hagi,Kent and the Buff don’t score enough as a three.

You can legitimately criticise the midfield for not contributing enough goals but I think Aribo moving one back will remedy that to some extent. All that said if we can get another to pay RM who can carry the ball and chip in I won’t say no. I don’t have a name but in our new price range France would be the place to look.
Too limited.
No pace, no power, can't beat a man, can't shoot for shit.
They are steady and safe. Too safe

Peter Michorl - LASK

Looks a class act. Reminds me of cazorla

Too limited.
No pace, no power, can't beat a man, can't shoot for shit.
They are steady and safe. Too safe
Think that’s sore on the individuals. They have lots but play as directed to ensure control and can’t be broken on with our full backs up the park.

Whether you’re right or wrong on them as individuals, it can’t be argued they completely control games allowing us to play 2 3 5 a lot of the time. The Liverpool midfield three is pretty functional too. We are very similar in terms of shape ( obviously not on player quality) but our current front three don’t take advantage of the domination provided as they should.

I’d take John Swift. Could be going to Sheff Utd for £3m. Matt Grimes from Swansea could be another.
Not Swift, he wouldnt hack it here.

Quite a lazy player, good shot and set piece taker but does not track back well and is quite poor defensively.

You want someone from Reading, Rinhamota is your guy. Energetic and great engine.

Finding people the top English teams don’t want who would fit our style who we can get on a cheaper deal as they cut squads

What about McTominay. He’s on a long term contract but they might be a good addition. Wouldn’t help going forward but would help break down the opposition.

100%. Our midfield controls games for fun at a really high level.

I'd buy back William Gilmour and use the change to fund a time machine to bring him in pre-injury.

I liked the look of the big guy Palhinha that played for Braga last season.

Back