If you were Steven Gerrard

Which job would you take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't say they are a big club? I said they are a bigger club than Sheffield Wednesday and made reference to their record in Europe. You are hung up on made up crowds,

You sure as f*ck aren't a big club if you have the history of Sheffield Wednesday

:)
Stop getting locked on to Sheffield Wednesday. That’s been your whole argument all along and it’s a bit weird when it was an example of 1 club.

So Hamburg aren’t a big club, yes/no?

Stop getting locked on to Sheffield Wednesday. That’s been your whole argument all along and it’s a bit weird when it was an example of 1 club.

So Hamburg aren’t a big club, yes/no?
Your desperation of someone thinking the same as you is a bit tragic, it’s ok for you to have your view ya dafty

Yas you’ve won the Internet today mate, go get a few cans and rip the heid off it thinking about Benito Carbone and Di Canio shoving that ref over.

The good old days
I’m starting to realise I’ve been interacting with an idiot ned who can’t string a coherent sentence together, so I’m not wasting any more time on you.

I’m starting to realise I’ve been interacting with an idiot ned who can’t string a coherent sentence together, so I’m not wasting any more time on you.
If you were sharp you’d have clocked that an hour ago.

Keep going, Mon win the Internet son, get a wee trophy for yourself.

I’m surprised anyone is approaching Gerrard for a mangers job, he’s been completely shown up as being pretty shite by Emery at Villa.
Tend to agree...A step too far too quickly...If he were to go for either job supposedly on offer and made an arse of it, he would join the Frank Lampard club of possibly never being trusted with any kind of high profile club again in the near future.

Stick to analysing for the moment...A few more coaching badges under his belt and then try again in the future.

Build a Time Machine, reject Villa win 56 and have a crack at the Champions league with Rangers.
Totally sums it up for me Super!

I’m guessing there were family issues to take into account, sure as hell couldn‘t have been a fiscal decision. Surely he’s regretting it from a purely football challenge perspective

I’m surprised anyone is approaching Gerrard for a mangers job, he’s been completely shown up as being pretty shite by Emery at Villa.

His shiteness saw us transformed from a laughing stock to a team who won the league undefeated and in the top 10 in Europe in terms of coefficient points.

Granted he could and should have won more domestically but he certainly wasn't shite.

Exactly, like I said earlier, they are Aberdeen
Weird how you use Hamburg's European glory as a reason to be a big club ?? I get the dislike of leeds i do and I can't argue against that

But you can't use a method to which you said they are a big club because then dismiss other for pointing out other clubs doing the same and you discount it ..... it makes you look foolish

Leicester's owners seem a more sensible lot who will learn from this year.

Leeds track record on that front is abysmal.

Leicester have more assets to sell I feel and reinvest. They have a striker that will potentially lead the line well.

They also have a squad that outside bigger assets they could keep a hold of as a basis for next season. I think they have players more suited for the Championship.
Leeds are about to be taken over by the San Fransisco 49rs

Wouldn't touch Leeds with a bargepole. Any manager going there is on a hiding to nothing with their crowd.

Their support has a weird unheatlhy obsession with Bielsa. Everytime something goes wrong they're greeting in public for him to come back.
Because he's brilliant, a humble man who made internationals out of average championship players.

Yes, when they suffer the sort of trauma they did.

They were mismanaged, under invested in and found themselves in an era of ever increasing parachute payments, meaning the sides who went down in subsequent years became yo-yo clubs and made it even harder.

Leeds stadium, fanbase, history and potential make them a big club. They’re much bigger than sides like Brentford, Luton, Bournemouth and Burnley who are just better managed.
Not to mention we suffered Ken Bates who told us to %^*& off and support someone else if we didn't like paying Premier league prices to watch 3rd division football.

No
Rangers have always been a huge force in Scotland
Leeds haven’t ever been a big club in England apart from in Leeds which is expected it’s a one club city

Also we didn’t get relegated
If you know your history you will know this not to be the case, still you are entitled to your opinion.

Firstly I'm not a Mhank, its not my first post and I don't have any inside information. But what would be your thoughts if they approached him and he took the role?
Why would they ever do that, and why would he ever take it?

Rightly or wrongly, he wouldn't last very long in Glasgow.

He'd be mad to touch Leeds. I'm guessing that Leicester are going to get rid of Dean Smith (and half their squad by the looks of it), so that could be worth a shout. But if I were him, I'd hang on a see what happens at Palace.

Not to mention we suffered Ken Bates who told us to %^*& off and support someone else if we didn't like paying Premier league prices to watch 3rd division football.
Did Bates not put his own cash up
To stop you going into administration twice?

Sure that’s what Jim White said today when they were discussing Wigan.

Did Bates not put his own cash up
To stop you going into administration twice?

Sure that’s what Jim White said today when they were discussing Wigan.
He most certainly did not.

Whenever Bates and Shaun Harvey, the chief executive, praise themselves for their running of Leeds – the club say they made a profit in 2009-10, although the accounts are now over a month overdue at Companies House – it has to be remembered that they cleared their debts by declaring insolvency, wiping away unsecured creditors, including Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, owed £7.7m.

Full article:

Wonder if Ryan Kent is holding off on his next club pending the outcome of Gerrard getting either of these jobs.

Maybe Kent hasn't had any decent offers.

Managers will be reluctant to sign him because he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Can’t see him doing well at either. He was absofuckinglutely awful at Villa. I think his next job will be his last in England unless there’s some huge turnaround from what he did at Villa. Lampard MkII

Weird how you use Hamburg's European glory as a reason to be a big club ?? I get the dislike of leeds i do and I can't argue against that

But you can't use a method to which you said they are a big club because then dismiss other for pointing out other clubs doing the same and you discount it ..... it makes you look foolish
If I said they were big, fair, but… I only compared them to Sheffield Wednesday…fool

Last edited:
Wouldn't touch Leeds with a bargepole. Any manager going there is on a hiding to nothing with their crowd.

Their support has a weird unheatlhy obsession with Bielsa. Everytime something goes wrong they're greeting in public for him to come back.
Sounds like a lot of people on here with SG tbh

He needs to go somewhere to rebuild his managerial reputation, after making a hash of things at Villa.

Can’t see him getting a direct gig in the EPL again until he does so.

Wonder if Ryan Kent is holding off on his next club pending the outcome of Gerrard getting either of these jobs.
If he goes to either of these clubs he can afford better than Ryan Kent. Leeds have just been taken over by American owners so he will probably have moere money to spend at Leeds.

Can’t see him doing well at either. He was absofuckinglutely awful at Villa. I think his next job will be his last in England unless there’s some huge turnaround from what he did at Villa. Lampard MkII
If managing Liverpool remains a burning ambition for him, I doubt it’s ever going to happen.

Liverpool are able to attract managers from the top table of world football, one that Gerrard’s abject failure at Villa suggests he’ll never sit at.

At the same time, his success with us shows that he does have something about him so rebuilding his reputation at a big Championship club like Leeds or Leicester is a reasonable way of going about it.

Good luck to him.

If managing Liverpool remains a burning ambition for him, I doubt it’s ever going to happen.

Liverpool are able to attract managers from the top table of world football, one that Gerrard’s abject failure at Villa suggests he’ll never sit at.

At the same time, his success with us shows that he does have something about him so rebuilding his reputation at a big Championship club like Leeds or Leicester is a reasonable way of going about it.

Good luck to him.
It’s a lot easier beating a TLB binfire than beating Pep, De Zerbi, Klopp, Arteta, Poch, Ten Haag etc consistently.

His shiteness saw us transformed from a laughing stock to a team who won the league undefeated and in the top 10 in Europe in terms of coefficient points.

Granted he could and should have won more domestically but he certainly wasn't shite.

He deserves credit for sorting us, yes. Went to play with the big boys and got quickly found out. Same will happen with the fat greek IMHO.

It has to be Leicester. Leeds is an absolute basketcase of a club.

I hope it works out for Gerrard. Regardless of how things panned out. 55 will live with all of us forever. I'd say he needs to get this one right, don't think Leeds is that club.

Back